"Vincent Price Presents", new comics from Bluewater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any on my shelves. Didn't know about them till just now, but I think I would have looked them over and probably picked it up if I had seen it on the shelf.

Same here. The Kolchak comic was the only retro one that I've seen, but it's been a while since I really dug around looking for stuff I've missed.

How is he presenting this comic?

Why, from the grave of course!:monkey3

His daughter is licensing his likeness. They are going to have him host like a Rod Serling type character or Cryptkeeper. Opening and closing horror stories. They also plan to adapt some of his films to comics form. It'll be a neat little novelty if nothing else. Face it, the man has been gone for 15 years and his absence is still felt among classic horror fans. Hence the comic.

Story "Vincent" introduces is a little weak. The narration story (first two and last two pages) has a really good likeness of Price done in a Watercolor like effect. Two covers, one with Vincent, One without. Overall, I'd give it a B-.

I saw #2 in my LCS today. Never saw #1 which I was looking for, skimmed through #2, and didn't look that interesting at all. I know it's only a comic, but there didn't seem to be that many word caption bubbles, so I assumed little story, and art was meh. But I may be completely wrong because I didn't read the story.

Issue #2 came out yesterday. The series is just kind of mediocre so far. Which is disappointing as I am a huge Price fan. The sandwich/bookend narrations with Price are far too short. The art on the Price segments is wonderful. The rest, just....well...its ok. I'll keep buying it because its Price. But there's nothing really scary or "Vincent Price-ish" about any of it.

It kind of reminds me of a little ditty he did called "Escapes", or "From a Whisper to a Scream".His segments are great. The stories in between...no thanks.:rolleyes:

Issue #2 came out yesterday. The series is just kind of mediocre so far. Which is disappointing as I am a huge Price fan. The sandwich/bookend narrations with Price are far too short. The art on the Price segments is wonderful. The rest, just....well...its ok. I'll keep buying it because its Price. But there's nothing really scary or "Vincent Price-ish" about any of it.

It kind of reminds me of a little ditty he did called "Escapes", or "From a Whisper to a Scream".His segments are great. The stories in between...no thanks.:rolleyes:

I got issues #2 and #3. :D

Back