Grievous cape (premium format)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uselessminion

Freakzoid
Reaction score
hi, does any1 no how to make your own grievous cape for the premium format. i got the regular version but he obviously looks better with the cape,
can some1please help me out or if any1 is will ing to sell1 can u let me no, thanks :emperor

Ahhh, joining the cheapskate club?

Obviously you're going to need some sewing skill, and some material...come back when you have those...:D:D:D

I have no idea what to actually do, just what you need...

Oh boy i'm in the situation...you buy the material and i'll sew!!

Seriously though i think its made from a grey (outer) and red (inner) material. The red looks more like a thicker cotton material whilst the grey is an almost silk like look?? Then its just a case of sandwiching some padding between the two pieces, sew it all together, stitch some thin wire on the bottom of the cape and attatch a chain...BINGO

I think its possible to custom make one if you cant get it anywhere...thats what i'll probably do

Here's the one I made.I didn't sew it I still have to do that I just used the wifes glue gun.:monkey3

100_0403.jpg

100_0405.jpg

G2.jpg

Its obviously not as good as the original :duh but I dont leave it on all the time either because I like the detail of the PF itself.​

Two questions:

Is the General Grievious a 1/6 figure ? If so , when did he come out and how do
you get either the PF or Non PF version ? My apologies for Hijacking this thread but, I am very interested in this figure!!!

Regards to All,

Echo 7

Two questions:

Is the General Grievious a 1/6 figure ? If so , when did he come out and how do
you get either the PF or Non PF version ? My apologies for Hijacking this thread but, I am very interested in this figure!!!

Regards to All,

Echo 7

No.. Grievous is a 1/4 scale statue. The 'PF' means Premium Format. The Version with the Cape is the exclusive.

I'd call Heath over at SSC and ask him for Greg's phone number :rotfl

The cape on this piece is awesome. It makes the piece for sure.

Here's the one I made.I didn't sew it I still have to do that I just used the wifes glue gun.:monkey3

100_0403.jpg

100_0405.jpg

G2.jpg

Its obviously not as good as the original :duh but I dont leave it on all the time either because I like the detail of the PF itself.​

oh my god that looks so awsome it really is and thanks for the measurements ya a life saver,
if i can be really stupid and ask - how did u get the insignia on the back?

congratz on this guy hes on my list of most wanted along with many many others. good luck with the knitting :lol:lol:lol

Those measurements are not accurate but it does look pretty cool!! I think someone else posted a thread on here a loooong time ago with the right sizes etc. I got a local seamstress to make mine and it turned out REALLY nice. Will post pics when I can but my camera is up the spout at the moment which is annoying!!

Those measurements are not accurate but it does look pretty cool!! I think someone else posted a thread on here a loooong time ago with the right sizes etc. I got a local seamstress to make mine and it turned out REALLY nice. Will post pics when I can but my camera is up the spout at the moment which is annoying!!

I saw that thread too a few years ago and was trying to post it but couldn't find it anymore:confused:I used it as a template for mine.Your right though I didn't have enough fabric to use the same dimensions as the original so I just posted measurements of the one I made because its all I had.:D

great that you got this guy minion , when the hell are you gonna run out of room and send me some stuff to mind? :lol
I'm sure you will be great at knitting !. :rock:lol

No seriously , Good luck mate :rock:lol.

I'm also looking for a replica cape from the Exclusive version. Not a question of being cheap, it's just really hard to find an exclusive one out there without busting the wallet wide open. I wouldn't call the regular edition chump change either ;)

I like the design on the cape! I don't recall that insignia in the movie on the cape. Was that really there?

the custom cape doesn't look to bad.
i had thoughts of making my own as well but it would turn out looking like bizaro grievous instead, i need to find someone with some serious swing skills.

Back