"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudshark

Plastic Figure Addict
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" Custom Figure Interest Thread!

If you are interested in owning figures of these iconic characters from the Sergio Leone classic, then this thread is for you. Please be aware that this is only an interest thread, and not a commission or commerce thread. So if you're interested in a full custom figure or specific pieces of costume, please let me know and I'll gladly add your name to the list.

Also, please understand that I am not personally involved in making or offering custom figures. However, there have been a number of extremely talented figure customizers on the board who have responded to this thread, and produced some truly outstanding full figure customs, costume sets, head sculpts, and individual pieces of costume for us over the past year or so. Most of the custom pieces offered thus far have been in extremely limited numbers, so if you check in from time to time, you'll increase your chances of knowing when something new is available, and how to go about contacting the artist for all the details. Best of luck, and thanks for your interest!

People Interested in FULL CUSTOM FIGURES:
(Names in BOLD = already owned)

* BLONDIE *
* phoenixram1977
* fistfulmetal
* herzograven
* MwNN
* Reinhardt
* Badism
* madmaninsane
* Mudshark (velvet morning's custom MwNN)
* samwise_09
* Darthy
* deadspawn
* greatlakes6
* mystolle

* ANGEL EYES *
* fistfulmetal
* herzograven
* MwNN
* Reinhardt
* Badism
* madmaninsane
* Mudshark
* Darthy
* deadspawn
* greatlakes6
* mystolle

* TUCO *
* fistfulmetal
* herzograven
* MwNN
* Reinhardt
* Badism
* Mudshark (Rainman's custom Tuco)
* Darthy
* deadspawn
* greatlakes6
* mystolle

INDIVIDUAL PARTS Lists:

Accurate Olive Green Blondie Poncho * litial ? / Sheepskin Vest: * ???
* toyadventurer
* MwNN
* fistfulmetal
* Mudshark (Rainman's Blondie clothing set)
* Lord Vicious
* Punchy
* Entropy
* LordAzrael
* Badism
* collector49
* SithKnite (poncho)
* JeffTVR
* Mookeylama
* menlojames
* mystolle
* Peteskywalker
* greatlakes6
* deadspawn
* Reinhardt

Accurate Striped Blondie Shirts: (Lord Vicious - BillyB) * ???

Note: Names in blue denote those who have confirmed they are still interested and are ready to close the deal for their Blondie shirts soon.

* Lord Vicious
* Rugby1970
* Mudshark
* toyadventurer
* Punchy
* fistfulmetal
* MwNN
* Les Walker
* Entropy
* LordAzrael
* Bluetooth
* Badism
* collector49
* JeffTVR
* Mookeylama
* Peteskywalker
* mystolle
* greatlakes6
* deadspawn

Last edited:
Great idea! I'd love to have all three of 'em, and especially Blondie!

For starters, Frontline has all three heads:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73731&highlight=tuco

So the main thing to find or commission would be the outfits. Any 1/6 tailors here? :D

Oh, and for inspiration, some customs other people over at OSW have made:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71786&highlight=tuco
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79322
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71863
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70998

Last edited:
Glad you've started this topic. I've got a painted up head and have been dying to get the rest of the figure together but it's been slow. I did some screen grabs a while back. Hope they are useful.

Funny thing is, he really only wears the iconic outfit at the end of the film so there really isn't a ton of material.

g1.jpg

g10.jpg

g11.jpg

g13.jpg

g14.jpg

Notice in the photos below that shirt is actually a tight blue and white stripe... depends on how accurate you want to get.

g9.jpg

g8.jpg

g4.jpg

g6.jpg

Sorry if the pics seem excessive, but I thought it would be good reference for anyone who wanted to put one of these together.

Sorry if the pics seem excessive, but I thought it would be good reference for anyone who wanted to put one of these together.

Thanks Rugby1970 for the screen grabs! I'm looking forward to seeing what very talented people on the board will come up with. The other really good references from Blondie's first two films (Fistful of Dollars & For A Few Dollars More) if someone is still looking for more, since he is wearing the iconic "Man with No Name" costume.

For Blondie's outfit:
www.stevostoys.com has the correct gunbelt and gun and hat for Blondie (although the Frontline sculpt already comes with a hat, but a resin one).

I think Newline Miniatures offers cowboy boots that could be used, or maybe something from the Sideshow Six Gun legends-figures?

So, that leaves the pin-striped white-blue shirt, the dark blue pants, sheepskin vest and poncho... Maybe those can be commissioned?

Post all the grabs you want here, man! This is the place for gathering all the reference material we can in order to help us make the best possible figures, so there's no limit on how much material you want to contribute. The grabs of Blondie are priceless! Keep 'em coming, by all means. If you happen to have any of Tuco and Angel Eyes, please post those too.

Stevo's looks like the perfect source for the gunleather and weapons, and he also has some boots that might serve. New Line is another great source for well-made Western boots.

About the other parts of Blondie's "iconic" outfit, I'm thinking that his sarape could be made from brown felt, which should simulate the blanket material well enough in 1:6 scale. The white designs could be silk-screened onto it with textile paint, and the fringe could be tied or sewed on by hand. This would probably give the best results while keeping costs down, and they could possibly be offered as kits.

His shirt and trousers might be already exist somewhere, so if anyone finds something that looks like the ones in the screen grabs, please post it. If enough people get on board for a "Blondie kit", then maybe we can find a tailor who can match the cloth and then make up some costumes for us.

Last edited:
His shirt and trousers might be already exist somewhere, so if anyone finds something that looks like the ones in the screen grabs, please post it. If enough people get on board for a "Blondie kit", then maybe we can find a tailor who can match the cloth and then make up some costumes for us.

I'd definitely sign up for all 3 costumes :monkey5

I've also invited a new member on the boards (Bernard2002) who has made a Blondie and can maybe offer vests, poncho's etc...

If you guys have any questions about the costume, please feel free to ask. I've been doing quite a bit of research over the years now.

Just to help you guys on your way, the biggest mistake that most customizers make with this figure, is making the poncho brown. The poncho is in fact a very dark olive green.

For very good reference, take a look here:

https://hollywoodprop.com/spaghettiprops.htm.

Most of their stuff is very accurate.

And for more reference you guys do realize he didn't just wear this costume in GBU, but in A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More too, right?

In fact, Eastwood claimed the poncho was not once washed during production of all three films. There was only one prop available, so bullet holes from the shootout in A Fistful of Dollars can be seen on the poncho in FAFDM and GBU.

If you guys have any questions about the costume, please feel free to ask. I've been doing quite a bit of research over the years now.

Just to help you guys on your way, the biggest mistake that most customizers make with this figure, is making the poncho brown. The poncho is in fact a very dark olive green.

For very good reference, take a look here:

https://hollywoodprop.com/spaghettiprops.htm.

Most of their stuff is very accurate.

And for more reference you guys do realize he didn't just wear this costume in GBU, but in A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More too, right?

In fact, Eastwood claimed the poncho was not once washed during production of all three films. There was only one prop available, so bullet holes from the shootout in A Fistful of Dollars can be seen on the poncho in FAFDM and GBU.

Thanks for the link, Estel. Never washed it, you say... that may be why it often looks "brown" in so many pics. Do you happen to know if it was Mexican or South American in origin? I always thought it was a Mexican sarape, but I guess there isn't really a huge difference, except that ponchos are generally made for rain protection.

Edit: Okay, according to the link Estel provided, it seems it was actually Spanish in origin. (Unless it was an import!) So it was originally green, and turned "olive" with all the dust and filth it picked up while making the series of films. Pretty cool background story!

Dark green felt is widely available and could be dyed or airbrushed with textile paint to make it more olive. The dust and filth could even be added at the same time.

Btw, this is off topic, but weren't you working on some film-accurate Aragorn shirts last year? I seem to recall asking you about it. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but if that was you, pls let me know if you've made any progress on those... I'm still interested. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
There have been several reports as to the origin of the poncho. Some have claimed it was bought at a local market near the shooting locations in Spain, other reports seem to indicate it was made by a propmaker in Hollywood.

An interesting detail to the poncho is the fact that the neckhole has a leather lining, supposedly in a beige colour.

Blondie's trousers, according to Eastwood, were regular American 'skinny' jeans. They were either originally black or dyed to be black.

As for the Aragorn shirts, I will probably still make them. But I've put that on a hold for now, too little time.

The shirt he wore looks like a Ben Davis work shirt. Wonder if anyone already makes shirts like that in 1:6 scale... It could really save us a lot of time and trouble.

Last edited:
Back