Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
I figured we needed this thread as alot of people always source help for this for parts and stuff so this can be a thread where we all help each other.
This is the discussion of making the best 1/6 terminator figure , I am talking mostly about the leather jacket and pants etc figure but the tech noir one can be discussed also.
I will make a list of the parts people use and will update it as I am informed.
This list consists of the most common things used to make the best looking figure possible as the original sideshow version just didn't work imo. :monkey4
OK....

HEAD

* Darren Carnall custom arnold head , looks fantastic.
20071011_13a.jpg

There is also a battle damaged head which he made , which is my favorite.
BD4.jpg

* There are also all of the hero head options at www.h2creative.com , now I cannot post pics of some of these as its from a catolg with some sort of coding on the iages that wont let me post them. The one I have is from another post. Here is the list of whats available.

Terminator 1 right damaged eye head , looks fantastic with the sun glasses.

Terminator battle damaged head with battle scars down the right side of the face.

Terminator 1 non damaged arnold head. This is great if your building towards the tech noir look.

* The 3 custom heads on ebay.
These 3 often pop up on ebay although I'm not sure what company they are from. If anyone can let me know I will put in the name.
As far as I am aware though these are actually aimed for terminator 3 figures.
As far as I am aware they fit sideshow bodies but don't hold me to that.
e1aa_1.JPG

Painting services for these heads.
Now none or some of these may be available to do this head nor may be they available to paint at all for you. Each of the persons name is a link to there custom figures thread. Hope you don't mind fellas. If so let me know and they will be down as soon as I read it.

Dark Artist
Les Walker
Darren Carnall
And I presume if you kindly ask any customer painter on the board who is available and pay the what they ask for the service as well as working out a way to get the head to them they would do it.

BANDOILER ( if needed. )

* Some of us including me wanted a bandoiler for our figure.
I purchased mine from sideshow member xenoviper who I can assure you can make some fantastic terminator stuff !!. I have no idea if he is still selling them. In case you want to find out here is his custom thread ( those terminators are awesome right ? ).

Xenovipers custom figures thread

* I know the bandoilers are also available on a figure that I think was called scar although I cannot remember of the name of the company who made it.
You can also find bandoilers if your lucky simply by typing it on ebay.
Try it , you never know !.

GRENADES FOR THE BANDOILER ( IF NEEDED )

* Ok , this is a tricky one. I got mine from an ebay seller fro hong kong who actually still has some available and will probably also relist them occasionally , send him an email if hes out , he may have some.

Grenades ebay link

HT40mmGrenadeX6.jpg

As far as I'm aware the grenades in the movie were completely gold so these would need to be repainted.

* You could also type in 1/6 grenades on any auction sites and you could be lucky enough to come across some that fit your need for this figure.

JACKET , T-SHIRT AND PANTS.

* As far as I know the best jacket and pants available are the ones from the Saturday toys biker set. You get the jacket , pants , a t-shirt saying I'll be back ( unnecessary for a movie accurate figure but still fun ! . ) and a vest ( which should of been the t-shirt really. The vest is very similar to one used with the hot toys t-800 figure except it is not battle damaged with blood or bullet holes.
I know the suit looks like it sucks on this figure , but believe me on arnie it looks fantastic.
product_image.php

product_image.php

* Then theres the option of using the hot toys terminator jacket , its great quality , but if your looking for leather pants , they don't come with the figure as well sadly so you would need to source them elsewhere.

* And of course the option of keeping the suit it comes with , whilst its quite movie accurate ( not perfect ) I have always thought it looked a little small on the arms and thin on the legs but thats your options as always. The shirt that come with the original is black , this is movie accurate for terminator 2.

BLACK GLOVES ( IF NEEDED )

* There are not many black gloved hands available to fit sideshow bodies.
There are a few options though.

* Sideshow van helsing figure. Its rare you would find these separate anywhere but if you want the gloves bad enough the figure doesn't go for much nowadays.
57011VanHelsing2.jpg

* Hot toys terminator came with black battle damaged gloves similar to the terminators hands in terminator 2 . If you wanted these to fit the sideshow default body though they would need to be modified.
* will update list as I'm informed.

BOOTS

* At the moment I have honestly no idea as I haven't gotten round to it yet , will update as informed.

WEAPONS

* The hot toys VULCAN M134 with ammo, spaz shotgun and Terminator 1 pistol with he laser sight on top was all brought with the hot toys terminator figure.
If you want to make the ultimate custom of this figure its wise to buy one of these first if you can afford it.

* The grenade launcher is available now and then from one sixth depot but can also be found on ebay from time to time. Not sure who makes it.
Two different types are available , one with the aimer and one with out , I think with is most movie accurate.

With aimer link

Without aimer link

I think thats it ( if not I will carry on ), phew that took a while , I will edit this when I can and when I find out new info. Hope you terminator guys appreciate this !. :cool:

Last edited:
Re: Building the ultiamte Terminator T-800 figure.

Custom Finished T-800 Figures.

Barryo Custom Terminator 2 T-800

ss3-3.jpg

Voorhees27 Custom Terminator 2 T-800

f_IMG4546m_54ef411.jpg

Small Studios Custom battle damaged terminator 2

A2.jpg

Elvi 1976 custom Terminator battle damaged

IMG_0803.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

you know as big a terminator fan that i am, i dont have any version of arnold. mainly because i dont like the SS version. maybe i should start bashing one. does darren still offer those heads? im thinking about the battle damaged one myself.

Cool thread, so far i got a Saturday Tiys Biker Sets, a Hot Toys body which im not sure about using and Darrens battle damaged head coming when cast.

The boots i reckon will have be be jack boots with the leather straps added as ive had no luck finding the corrects ones.

And sunglasses seem to be difficult to get, there are alot out there but finding screen accurates shade is another pain to find.

you know as big a terminator fan that i am, i dont have any version of arnold. mainly because i dont like the SS version. maybe i should start bashing one. does darren still offer those heads? im thinking about the battle damaged one myself.

well I just managed tog et one his list for a battle damaged one. Theres quite a wait list but I'm sure you could be added.

Cool thread, so far i got a Saturday Tiys Biker Sets, a Hot Toys body which im not sure about using and Darrens battle damaged head coming when cast.

The boots i reckon will have be be jack boots with the leather straps added as ive had no luck finding the corrects ones.

And sunglasses seem to be difficult to get, there are alot out there but finding screen accurates shade is another pain to find.

I think Darrens head default fit on a sideshow body with a db of glue , it would need to be modified to fit a hot toys body definitely.
It would look great if done though. :cool:

would it be best to get a SS version and just replace the head and maybe the jacket?

would it be best to get a SS version and just replace the head and maybe the jacket?

It would certainly improve it , it depends what scene your going for .
I'm after making the early end fight off between t-800 and the t-1000 where he looks like this.
t2_mq_363.jpg

judging by each scene he would need different accessories. :banana

If anyones made this or is making it post some pics

If anyones made this or is making it post some pics

mine wont be done for a while yet.
Still looking for the saturday toys set and the waitlist for darrens work is 3-4 months. :google Good things come to those who wait though I guess. :D

If it is made we would definately be looking at the best terminator figure ever

If it is made we would definately be looking at the best terminator figure ever

thats what I'm hoping , definitely won't be the best , if you wanna see the best check out xenovipers work ( link on first page ). I have realised the room where my collection will be in a few months is gonna have not much room. So instead of buying a crap load of figures all the time I'm simply gonna buy one , customize the crap out of it until its perfect to my liking then move on.
Still gotta fit my statues in too. :duh:rotfl

Early work in progress. Sorry about the blurries. I need new light bulbs.

IMG_0668_edit-1.jpg

IMG_0672_edit.jpg

IMG_0676_edit.jpg

looks great Justin ( I presume thats your name , forgive me if I'm wrong lol ).
As does the Darth maul.
Have you changed the head sculpt somehow ?. Sorry I can barely remember how the original looks. Is that the original suit as well ?.

Hey Hicks, yeah Justin's my name. Perhaps I should have gone with a username a little more ambiguous! I've only stripped the paint so far. I might modify the furrowed brow lines if I feel confident enough. I wish I knew how to make casts to practice on. The jacket and pants are Sideshow as well. I painted the zippers and still need to do touch ups. I will update with more pics soon.

Cool thread Hicks :)

The best boots I have seen are the ones in a James Dean Rebel clothes set - Named Rebel in the Box - It is not so easy to find for the moment, but the boots are in excellent scale (Sideshow original are the ladies version if you ask me)
But you can also wait for the Biker Marlon Brando - which will also have a nice jacket

As for the gloved hands : from time to time a nude Hot Toys Terminator figure from the first film (you know, the one with the fully battledamaged face) can be found on eBay for not so much money - the hands are also a little batlledamaged.

And if someone can miss a pair of plain short black Sideshow gloves (like Nazi Kroene or Spike from Buffy, Shoot me a PM, Paypal ready and not looking for cheap price. That would make my day.

Woo, Darren's Terminator head really sparking. Hope the postman could bring it to my front door sooner....:monkey5

Back