12" Colonel Dovchenko by Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall it looks like it might the best executed of the 12"ers, it's just too bad that effort is wasted on such a bland character. They should be doing big characters like Henry Sr., Mola Ram, Belloq or even Spalko at this scale and stop wasting spots on snoozers like Dovchenko and the German soldier.

Is the hat attached? We'll see I guess.

I think he looks pretty good and I love the "fun" factor of including the ants.

It's another decent sculpt coming from Hasbro...one that would really shine after some repainting action from one of the artists in here.

Now we see why this didn't ship with the others... they probably thought all those ants were too big of a spoiler.

Looks nice (for $20). I'm almost positive the hat is attached. The German soldier's hat looks way oversized because it comes off, but this looks normal. Those ants give me the creeps. :D

That sculpt looks pretty darn good -- with a repaint I think you'd be surprised how nice it is.

For $20 this is another figure I gotta have...along with the Swordsman if I can ever find one.

Come on, Dovchenko WITH ants is cool!

It'll be cool if SS makes this guy, ants and all.

IJ12dovchenko2.jpg

Could probably make this guy without even buying that figure and have something that is tons better.

That sculpt looks pretty darn good -- with a repaint I think you'd be surprised how nice it is.

For $20 this is another figure I gotta have...along with the Swordsman if I can ever find one.

Come on, Dovchenko WITH ants is cool!

Still not found the swordsman? The stores here are full of them. I'm having problems finding Dovchenko.

I have this figure and love it, the Headsculpt is excellent, (THE CAP IS NOT ATTACHED) as is the uniform. The boots are an improvment for Hasbro but still not great.
I've changed out the Boots for leather ones, Changed the Sam Browne for Leather, new holster and 1:6 Tokarev.
I'm going to start work soon on a Custom version of this figure. Enlarging the Headsculpt. and tweaking the uniform for extra realism. The whole thing based on a Truetype figure.
He's a tadge small for my liking. More Medicom scale than Sideshow. So he'll look good as is next to the Medicom figures, but Igor is a BIG guy, so he'll look a little diminutive next to a true 1:6 custom or the new Sideshow figure, when it eventually materialises!
Hence my need for a custom.
I'll post pics when he's finished but first I'll have to wait for my next batch of Truetypes which I've been told wont be here till December.

Back