So because of the 1/6th Tumbler who thinks a 1/6th APC might work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing, only thing is will be the high price. Hot toys still have the Aliens license so i wonder what there up to with it,maybe a battle damaged Hicks

the APC is much bigger than the tumbler, powerloader and ED209- so it would be very ambitious from HT if they even attempted it - not to mention how expensive.

Looking at a grand at least. I would be first in line for one of those babies though.

I think you can forget Newt. All new body sculpt and nothing to do with it when she's finished. I wish they would make her as I'd like to add one to the lineup.

Looking at a grand at least. I would be first in line for one of those babies though.

I think you can forget Newt. All new body sculpt and nothing to do with it when she's finished. I wish they would make her as I'd like to add one to the lineup.

Yeah too bad Sideshow does not work with Hot Toys THAT closely because HT could use SS's new body they used for the Hobbits to make a Newt.

I don't think we will ever see a HT Newt unless some cooperation commences between these 2 companies.

However, the body is already done. The SSC-HT Child-Size body, surely HT has rights to use it as well, I'm sure they wouldn't just help SSC make it if they weren't allowed and intending to use it at some point. Might not be in perfect scale, but it is doable. The only challenge is minimizing the portrait a bit so the quality doesn't stand out compared to the older ALIENS humans.

1/6 T-Rex from JP is just too huge, the thing would be almost 4 feet long including the tail.

I'd love to see a T-Rex from Hot Toys based on the JP design, but it would have to be more like 1/9 scale to be a reasonable size.

Yeah too bad Sideshow does not work with Hot Toys THAT closely because HT could use SS's new body they used for the Hobbits to make a Newt.

I don't think we will ever see a HT Newt unless some cooperation commences between these 2 companies.
Uh, dude... Hot Toys was a development partner for the Hobbit body, as well as the new Prometheus and armored figure bodies.

This does raise some interesting questions, though... can we expect to see hot toys use the Prometheus on future releases as well, rather than their current standard, the True Type?

Uh, dude... Hot Toys was a development partner for the Hobbit body, as well as the new Prometheus and armored figure bodies.

This does raise some interesting questions, though... can we expect to see hot toys use the Prometheus on future releases as well, rather than their current standard, the True Type?

I don't believe Prometheus was with Hot Toys, they only noted the armor body was developed with them of the 2 new adult bodies.

From the production blog:

The Prometheus body, created by the Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team, has forms to fill out traditional garments more naturally, with smoother contours and muscle features. It also employs ball-joints at the wrists and ankles to give these areas a very wide range of articulation! The Armored Figure body, created in collaboration with Hot Toys, has a slimmer build to fit into armored costumes without looking bulky.

My guess is maybe the armor body came first, since there is great demand for armor figures and SSC is still using the Buck so they weren't too pressed to replace it, and once they had made 2 bodies with HT, they were set to go off on their own and make Prometheus themselves.

1/6 T-Rex from JP is just too huge, the thing would be almost 4 feet long including the tail.

I'd love to see a T-Rex from Hot Toys based on the JP design, but it would have to be more like 1/9 scale to be a reasonable size.
Yeah, I don't think they'd ever go there, just pointing out that, if they did, it would probably be less costly than an APC (which I also see zero chance of).

The most ridiculous 1:6 thing I can think of that I can't totally discount as remotely possible would be a 1:6 Rancor of some sort. It would be crazy huge, but it's Star Wars, the be-all, end-all license for over-the-top collectibles.

It was? Never heard that before, I guess that shows what l know...:duh

Hmmm, I stand corrected on that point. The Prometheus looks pretty Hot Toysish to me, though that may be a case of the design chices being the logical ones.

I think influence is innevitable, but SSC hasn't not owned up to when Hot Toys is involved, especially now that the Hobbits are shipping and the box has HT on it. Like I said, I think it was a progression, HT showed them a lot on the Child and Armor bodies and after making 2 new bodies, Sideshow knew enough to make things on their own. I'd prefer to see HT adopt Prometheus, it's more anatomically correct than the True Type.

Back