"Nightmare Before Christmas" on Blu-ray!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After working at Hot Topic during the holidays, I am so over this ^^^^ing movie :monkey4

They are including "Vincent" already, so probably no "Frankenweenie." (And as Aerosmith said, Burton is working on a remake and it makes more sense to release it along with that.)

bounce35.gif

I recorded this last year of Starz HD and it looked pretty good. I'm definitely looking forward to the Blu-ray release.

Additionally, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is also offering Nightmare buffs the opportunity to purchase a limited release of the Ultimate Collector’s Edition DVD Set featuring an individually numbered hand-painted bust of Jack Skellington in all his gory glory equipped with a Jack’s “Sandy Claws” hat and beard, a sound chip that plays memorable lines from the film and a letter of authenticity. Retail will be $179.99. A Blu-ray release will also be available for $39.99 with an exclusive Introduction by Tim Burton.

https://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-nightmare-before-christmas.html

I'm very curious to see how they address the problematic 1:66:1 aspect ratio on this release. The original DVD suffers from that terrible windowboxing. I'm assuming they'll obviously master the BR release for 16:9 televisions, hopefully they will pillarbox it so as not to waste so much display area.

I waited and waited for a 16x9 transfer on DVD and it never happened--I was never very happy with the transfer of the initial DVD or the special edition (although I purchased them both). I'm assuming that the Blu-ray will have slight pillarboxing on the sides, and this should be the best it's ever looked on home video.

Back