Comics: Anyone else read "WE3" by Grant Morrison?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rook325

Comics: Anyone else read "WE3" by Grant Morrison?

Man, I let issues one and two of this 3-issue series go by. Then, on a lark, I picked up all three when the final issue came out yesterday, came home and read them.

:thud :cry :rock
I cried for, like an hour. What business does a story this moving have in the comic book genre, I ask you! I've read some stellar work in the past 25 years of collecting, but, damn!

Brief synopsis: A group of 3 kidnapped pets have been experimented on by the government, who hope to use them as the first wave of a new breed of non-human soldier. Just before being decommisioned, they escape.

The storyline sounds old at this point, but what really makes the story work is the realism of the three animals. Even their "dialogue" is 100% believable. It's not that cheesy, human crap that comes out of the pets' mouths in "Homeward Bound."

Ugh. I can't do it justice. Just read it the first chance you get.

Many, many props to Grant Morrison for this stellar work.

Re: Comics: Anyone else read "WE3" by Grant Morri

Just put in a call make sure I can put my hands on this tommaro, sounds very interesting and anything with a review like that I have read. I'll let you know what i think , Good Times Rook!

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it, BDR. Maybe it's 'cause I grew up with a variety of pets, which made me an animal lover in general. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for animals in robotic killer-machine armor.

Artwork, btw, is 1st-rate. :rock

The cover of issue 2 has a quote from no less an authority than the Washington Post, which calls it "realistic and relavant."

Have you read Dean Koontz' "Watchers," Rook?

Check it out if you haven't, since you like reading about prodigious pooches.

Arrgh! Why is that sounding familiar?

:bang (Rook tries to jar his brain.)

I remember reading "Phantoms" long before it came out as a movie, but that, I think, is the only Koontz book I have read.

(This message was left blank)

Repressed memories of experimentation by evil government scientists? :dunno

Rook, now what did we tell you about turning in a blood crazed maniac by night and a mild mannered Weta Addict by day...Bad Rook, thats a bad,bad Rook...

I love DK's stuff what I have found time to read, I think my favorite was "hearst of Midnight" maybe , the one with the 2 young boys...just crazy

Sorry, BDR. :eek: Never happen again.

At least, not during THIS lunar cycle... :evil

Alright then, now pick up your chainsaw and Spartan Armor and go home and think about what you have done young man!

I thought the series was pretty good. I like some of Grant Morrison's work better than others. You might enjoy reading some of his earleir work, specifically the "Doom Patrol" run. There becoming available in trades now.
And hey, don't cry. It had a happy ending. Sorta'.

I've never read his Doom Patrol run, but I can imagine it's excellent. I was a huge fan of The Invisibles, and a lot of his limited series have been fantastic.

The Filth kinda had me going :dunno , though.

YES! Excellent! What more can I say?:rock

Back