Fantastic Four movie: Yay or Nay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rook325

Just saw the teaser trailer for the new Fantastic Four movie, and I have to say: It has "Loser" written all over it.

First: It's directed by Tim Story, the director of Taxi. :puke You remember...that horrible movie with Queen Latifah.

Second: It's written by the same hack who wrote The Hulk movie and The Punisher movie. When is someone going to take this guy's laptop away so he can't play with it anymore? :bang

Third: Jessica Alba is Susan Storm!? Are they TRYING to feature horrible actors? Haven't people learned yet that super-hero movies only really work with the characters are portrayed by actors with some depth to their talent? It takes a lot more than the ability to look hot in leather tights.

I think the only thing they got right was snaggin Julian McMahon to play Dr. Doom. He's got the looks (vanity) and the perfect arrogant sneer. :rock

I am not looking forward to seeing another great franchise butchered by some hack director with delusions of originality. :thwak

I hope I'm wrong. :(

Blasphemy!! Well, not entirely, but I'll wait until I see the movie to say whether it was butchered or not.

As far as Jessica Alba...I think she does well enough as an actress. >: Of course looking hot helps. :drool

Like I said...I hope I'm wrong.

It's like the thing with Paul W.S. Anderson. You either love him or hate him. The man knows how to make things look cool. (AVP, RE: Apocalypse), but, damn, his dialogue is for crap! The only reason AVP was as good as it was is because the original creators of the Alien character did the story.

But I digress...

Did I mention that The Thing looks like a big orange tumor? :lol

Well those writers had input the Ultimate Screen play was in the hands of Anderson granted to him by the studio and producers.... So he butchered it. I think Fantastic Four will do well.... I wish the thing looked better (CGI could of helped alot on him, I am sure it would be to create a true rock suit and have it flexible for an actor...... As for Alba, the bits and pieces I have seen from her work, she is not bad. I think most people still picture her in that dancing movie she was in.... Then again I am always an optimist when it comes to comic movies, however Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men have all set bars that most comics movies have been unable to meet.

I'm not encouraged by the trailer, but I think the look is fine. Alba is a competent actress and she's hot.

I have it from inside sources that there were over 15 writers or teams or writers on the script and the version they shot was so rushed that the studio executives just cut and pasted the script together from all the drafts.

As I've said before, I don't have high hopes for this film - but pleasant surprises are always welcome.

Ok checked the trailer, and first Alba... you the hell says she needs to act. She can just stand there, she does an excellent job of acting hot so I'm in.

I was actually never a huge FF fan, I remember the one crossover I had I enjoyed was with the X Men years ago...so I am going in pretty unmotivated. My girl seem's to like it, so eitehr way I will check it out.

On a plus note, to me the music made this trailer good. Any idea's who it is:dunno

Gotcha covered, BDR.

The name of the song is "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums." It's by A Perfect Circle, and it's off their eMOTIVe CD. It's a remix of their song, "Pet," from their second CD, "Thirteenth Step." The remix is more hardcore.

"eMOTIVe" was a letdown to a lot of people, but I think it's awesome. It's a bunch of cover songs, basically, redone as anti-war protests. One of them is a really depressing cover of John Lennon's "Imagine." :rock

You can buy the track from the iTunes music store for 99 cents.

damn Rook, you rock.

Thanks again, oh man Perfect Circle, I worked one of there shows in DC I really should have known that lol

Now I am going to be thinking of that Tool Video all night

I actually liked the hulk movie quite alot....
But this Fantastic 4 movie looks like a bunch of crap to be honest.

I lot of people I know agree with you, actually, B.E. Even my art snob friends thought it was good.

I actually left the theater angry. Just stormed right out of it. Almost ran into the glass doors, 'cause I thought they were open. :lol

My biggest issue was David Banner turning into absorbing man, and really dark shooting at the end, could have done without........ The storyline without the father would have been better

See I totally passed on the Hulk movie I was just mortified at the trailer's CGI, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. But I am still hurting over my friends, making me watch Daredevil, promsing they had watched it and didn't think it was that bad....I still cry at night sometimes...

In truth I still bring up the awfulness of DD alot, the check will come for dinner...Rob, you & Tee's half is ...." No we won't be paying tonight, you made us watch DD"

Try it, it works!

Someone told me yesterday that the new Director's Cut of DD is like a completely different movie -- darker character for DD, and less of a love story.

If true, this lends more weight to the arguement that film producers should BACK OFF of their directors. Want more proof? Highlander 2, anyone?

lol, sometimes I do think the movies are hindered by the need for love & attendance draw. Sadley tho when it comes down to it the love stories in comics, well :horse

:)

I must be easy. :dance I liked Daredevil and the Hulk. The Hulk...started slow and ended weird. Could've done without the ending being the way it was. Maybe I just want to like everything that I wanted to like, so I like it. :p Make sense. :lol

Anyway...it's much the same with AVP. Could've been much better and hopefully they'll release an R rated version some day and we can see if it fills in the plot gaps. I still like it, but just for a dumb action movie with Aliens & Predators...not because it was a great movie or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back