Superman - 1:6 scale figure - need help finding the best one!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karaduin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to get me a Supes figure - but I cant find an iteration I like! I've found this thread which compares most of the Superman Returns releases:

https://www.centurysendsavior.com/SupermanComparisons.html

But... imo the HT and Medi are too skinny. I know Brandon Routh portrayed a 'leaner' looking Supes but both bodies have what I would class as a 'Spidey lean-muscled' look to it (also I dont like the Medi head sculpt at all!). The DC Direct has the right bulk but doesnt pose very well apparently and the outfit looks ropey.

I'd be happy with a non-movie version - the re-release classic comic DC Direct looks better than the previous but I'm worried about the articluation.

Are there any iterations I'm missing? (why didnt Takara make one? :huh although that version might've looked lean too judging by their Batman begins release - but the Tak Bats doesnt seem to bother me). Or is there a way I can bulk out an HT Supes - tricky I know cos the cossie is stitched on...

Thanks in advance!

i'd honestly have to say Hot Toys. both V1 and V2 are outstanding... and if you get the head repainted, it's near perfection. The tailoring on the suit is awesome.

great comparison site btw.

Supes V1 with brilliant Dark Artist repaint:

Jor-El-060.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to say this but imo he looks to skinny! Unless I'm mistaken, Routh's build looks alot bulkier on screen. Superman is meant to be big up the chest - like a said before it looks too lean Spidey-spindley looking.

I love the head sculpt tho and that Brando/Jor-El figure looks awesome... my wallet hates you for bringing this to my attention Reinhardt! :naughty

Routh is Skinny.

Granted - but these figures look skinnier than Routh...I was very unsure when I first saw this unknown take on the role in the new movie. I did think he hasnt got the build (mind you Reeve was hardly muscle-bound but at least he was BROAD built) but on screen Routh looks decent. Oh well...

Sorry to say this but imo he looks to skinny! Unless I'm mistaken, Routh's build looks alot bulkier on screen. Superman is meant to be big up the chest - like a said before it looks too lean Spidey-spindley looking.

I love the head sculpt tho and that Brando/Jor-El figure looks awesome... my wallet hates you for bringing this to my attention Reinhardt! :naughty

the figure IS skinnier than what he looked like in the film. no question about it. i still think it's the best representation of a 1/6 superman figure though. unless you want a statue. if so, then i think this may be the best representation:

Superman%20Forever%201%20Statue.jpg

and I'm very happy to know that I am the reason your wallet hates you!! :lol

Jor-El is oustanding.

The best Superman comes from Hot Toys v2, if you want a better one change his HT body to the Ace body, then you'll have a massive body like Routh but you better have some serious sewing skills.

Yup, Brando/Jor-El has just made it onto my wanted-but-will-probably-never-get-it list!

Ok, so it looks like I need the HT version and i'm eye-ing a Clark/Supes 2 in 1 on eBay right now. My sewing skillz would probably make this figure look like Superfrankenstein! :lol So thats not an option.

Are there any decent reviews or pics of the re-release DC Direct Supes? The v1 looks like the wrists dont even twist to get his hands in a flying pose... just wandering if its the same on the v2?

Yup, Brando/Jor-El has just made it onto my wanted-but-will-probably-never-get-it list!

Ok, so it looks like I need the HT version and i'm eye-ing a Clark/Supes 2 in 1 on eBay right now. My sewing skillz would probably make this figure look like Superfrankenstein! :lol So thats not an option.

Are there any decent reviews or pics of the re-release DC Direct Supes? The v1 looks like the wrists dont even twist to get his hands in a flying pose... just wandering if its the same on the v2?

There are cut joints on all the DC bodies at the wrists as there is a peg on the forearm and the hands are swappable.

The absolute best Superman 1/6 is the Hot Toys Superman/Clark Kent 2 in 1. Without question.

If you're looking for a good comic representation the 1st Modern Superman DCD 13" has really grown on me.

Hi, I'm looking to get me a Supes figure - but I cant find an iteration I like! I've found this thread which compares most of the Superman Returns releases:

https://www.centurysendsavior.com/SupermanComparisons.html

But... imo the HT and Medi are too skinny. I know Brandon Routh portrayed a 'leaner' looking Supes but both bodies have what I would class as a 'Spidey lean-muscled' look to it (also I dont like the Medi head sculpt at all!). The DC Direct has the right bulk but doesnt pose very well apparently and the outfit looks ropey.

I'd be happy with a non-movie version - the re-release classic comic DC Direct looks better than the previous but I'm worried about the articluation.

Are there any iterations I'm missing? (why didnt Takara make one? :huh although that version might've looked lean too judging by their Batman begins release - but the Tak Bats doesnt seem to bother me). Or is there a way I can bulk out an HT Supes - tricky I know cos the cossie is stitched on...

Thanks in advance!

Have some pix that might help you in your buying decision. Do click on the pix for more.

DCD Superman Returns

DCD Comic Supes

The DCD body is rubbish though.

6a78415a.jpg

Hot Toys V1

Hot Toys V2

Hot Toys' body is much better, in terms of poseability and aesthetics.

I'd recommend Hot Toys V2.

The best Superman comes from Hot Toys v2, if you want a better one change his HT body to the Ace body, then you'll have a massive body like Routh but you better have some serious sewing skills.

In theory I think this could be done with out messing up the figure to much I wouldent do it personally I like the Hot Toys Superman as is:D . But if I did want to swap out the body for a buffer one id remove the belt and pull down his underwear and cut the suit there and slide off the suit so when you put it on another figure body you can just sew up the two peices together and pull up the underwear an put the belt back and the Undies would hide the sewing. I hope that made at least alittle bit of sence.

Thanks for the pics Shaun, but yeah that DC body is rather sucky.

I think that custom looks great in terms of the padded out body but shame its on the polar neck Medi outfit.

I think the worth can only be measured by you. I personally love my DCD 13'' Superman because I love the comic version of Supes. If you want an awsome looking movie version than either of the Hot Toys version will work (however the v.2 is better because you get more bang for your buck due to the CK head and suit)
And just from my experience, with a little love, the 13'' Superman can be an awsome figure. I have done some mods to mine - I'll have to see if I can post some pics of it later.

Back