Captain America Shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Museum Replicas/Windlass Studios is coming out with both the 1940s 1:1 and the Modern 1:1 Captain America shields. The Modern is supposed to be 2 inches bigger in diameter than the Factory X. There are sites already preordering but pics are supposed to be released next month officially.

Museum Replicas/Windlass Studios is coming out with both the 1940s 1:1 and the Modern 1:1 Captain America shields. The Modern is supposed to be 2 inches bigger in diameter than the Factory X. There are sites already preordering but pics are supposed to be released next month officially.

thanks bro!!! you are now my Comic/Marvel go to guy for information and details. i'm definitely getting the '40s version to display with my PF

There was a guy who made custom shields for less than half the price on Ebay. They looked professionally made....on par with Factory X. If you're looking to save some moolah, I'd def. go with a custom job. What was cool about the home-made product was the fact that you could wear the shield on your back if you so desired.

Awesome...I hope the new replicas do that, I may just have to buy one...

Oh yeah, did anyone ever pick this shirt up?

CaptainAmericaStars&Stripes4005T-shirt2.gif

I'd quite like one...

I passed on it at my LCS a few years ago and have been regretting it ever since especially since Graphitti Designs no longer handles Marvel. There has been a flood of "costume" shirts like Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc but they are not of the same quality.

I passed on it at my LCS a few years ago and have been regretting it ever since especially since Graphitti Designs no longer handles Marvel. There has been a flood of "costume" shirts like Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc but they are not of the same quality.
I disagree. I've seen these (below) in person and they are awesome and yes I am a T-Shirt afficionado. :cool:

stylinonline_1998_19807536.jpg
stylinonline_1998_19983290.jpg
stylinonline_1998_19883478.jpg
stylinonline_1998_19846795.jpg
stylinonline_1998_20098358.jpg
stylinonline_1998_19929822.jpg

These have the muscles shaded onto them which to me makes them seem cheesy and little kiddish. I liked the straight costume designs much more.

These have the muscles shaded onto them which to me makes them seem cheesy and little kiddish. I liked the straight costume designs much more.
Trust me they don't, they look much better than these drawings, I wouldn't wear a cheesy shirt, but I'd wear the hell outta these.

The stripes put me off the Cap one...they don't seem to go all the way round...

Do any of those patterns go on the back too?

that sounds cool... i always wanted to pick up a good quality shield.

I wonder if someone will get the license for the movie version ^_^ (but i guess we wont see a round one until the avengers movie -_-)

Depends, there is a bit of argument over in the "First Avenger" thread about what shield will be used. If the IM version is any indication though the film shield will be layered with the star sticking out of the shield which should be an interesting twist. If they don't change it of course. I am definitely watching Windlass to see what they do and how to display because I always wanted the Factory X version (one of the few products they put out that wasn't crap) but never wanted to pay the prices for it.

I haven't found official MR/Windlass pics but I did find a dealer who is showing the same PO date as MR/Windlass's pieces 08/01. Now the pics look a lot like the Scaled Master Replicas for the 1940s but there is a possibility that the designs are the same since its the same approval they'd receive. The specs though are consistant with what MR/Windlass has said including the edition sizes.

1940s
https://www.medievalcollectibles.com/captain-america-shield-1940s-11102.html
885009%20Large.jpg

Modern or 1960s version?
https://www.medievalcollectibles.com/captain-america-shield-1960s-11103.html
885008%20Large.jpg

Thanks for the info-

Definently looking forward to a re-release of an official Cap shield.

Most definitely. Windlass Studios has done all the Marvel projects for Museum Replicas I believe.

Most definitely. Windlass Studios has done all the Marvel projects for Museum Replicas I believe.

So it's 24" then, 3" smaller than the Factory X one.
I ordered from BBTS on account of lower price and cheaper shipping(and I don't have to deal with UPS).
The Mike,could I plumb the depths of your comic-knowledge as to the correct size of cap's shield?

OK. Found this on Marvels site: Captain America's only weapon was his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds.

Guess the 30" would be perfect, then.:(
Connie at Medievalcollectibles confirms it's 24".

Back