WAR OF THE WORLDS SUPERBOWL SPOT!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, so far.

actually, with Spielberg involved, I am not concerned that this wont be a great film

but i really hope he pays homage to the original with some awesome retro deathray sounds.

one caveat, I hate that this new flavor of the year, Dakota fanning is taking the place of the woman in 1950s version.

Damn!, They took it down today, it was up and running last night. It appears Paramount let the cat out of the bag early, and have everybody taking it down. Looks like you'll have to watch the stupid game to see the trailer (I'm not a football fan). The trailer wasn't really much, just Cruise and that weird little girl Dakota Fanning getting into a van and trying to out run a huge explosion that's destroying a freeway. I didn't see any aliens, just destruction special effects. It was very well done though.

Superbowl WotW trailer

Yeah its kinda boring. Nothing to see at all. I'm guessing they want to give the hype-making-machine its full potential. Cuz you gotta be honest....arent you guys the least bit curious to this movie because you havent seen anything?

Re: re

Thanks for the links :)
Doesn't look all to bad, at least it nurtured my curiosity.

It still reminds me more of the illfated TV series than the classic film.

I for one was totally disappointed in the Super Bowl "teaser" commercial for this movie. I mean, I know commercial spots were going for "$2.4 million dollars for 30 seconds" (or something like that) but come on! Spielberg (or whomever decides to air these things) can't show a little more than a bridge blowing up? (And if it wasn't a bridge, SEE? The spot was waaaayyyy too short and went by too fast to make sense!) I was hoping for a nice little minute of high-def teaser-y movie-making magic!!

My team won, so... woo hooo!!! :dance

Back