Hot Toys Howard Chan video interview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
President Chan is into Star Wars!!! Oh please let HT get the license! (Unlikely, since they're teaming up with SS for the newer SW figures)

His favorite HT piece is Robocop. Mine too, he's awesome.

Not that I have a problem with subtiles, but for an interview I think they should have done a voice over. Waiting for the subtitles to change really held up the interview.

Hot Toys rocks... They almost cannot do any evil. :rock

And I would love to see them tackle SW eventually. Just imagine a HT ROTS Obi and Anakin... :google

President Chan is into Star Wars!!! Oh please let HT get the license! (Unlikely, since they're teaming up with SS for the newer SW figures)

His favorite HT piece is Robocop. Mine too, he's awesome.

I don't see why HT wouldn't get the chance to make SW figures.SS may be done with the 12" license in the near future,but that doesn't mean that will be the end of the SW 12" license.It seems as soon as one company is done with the license,it always goes to the next in line.

I think SS will make quite a few more armoured figures with HT's aid and some human characters in between,then the license will go to HT.

I don't see why HT wouldn't get the chance to make SW figures.SS may be done with the 12" license in the near future,but that doesn't mean that will be the end of the SW 12" license.It seems as soon as one company is done with the license,it always goes to the next in line.

I think SS will make quite a few more armoured figures with HT's aid and some human characters in between,then the license will go to HT.

I like the idea of SS and HT collaborating on certain figure lines, that way we can get the best of both companies.

It would be interesting to see what HT could do with SW, but I'm actually glad HT is not making their own SW figures, and is instead putting all their talent and effort into licenses that I would much rather collect, (like Alien/s, Predator, Terminator, Resident Evil, etc.) Besides, SSC is currently providing all the SW figures I need at the moment.

he mentioned that he would like to make vehicles and they way he stated it , like that would be simple or he's really eager to do it......at least thats the way i took it. but i wonder if he was talking about 1/6th scale? landspeeder perhaps? speeder bikes?

he mentioned that he would like to make vehicles and they way he stated it , like that would be simple or he's really eager to do it......at least thats the way i took it. but i wonder if he was talking about 1/6th scale? landspeeder perhaps? speeder bikes?

Maybe he is talking just 12" vehicles and not figures for now.It would like he said be right up their alley.

Maybe he is talking just 12" vehicles and not figures for now.It would like he said be right up their alley.

but how many vehicles could be made at 1/6th scale, be affordable, and not take up acres of real estate? look at the power loader size and pricetag then imagine a landspeeder? :google. an xwing??? :google:google:google

but how many vehicles could be made at 1/6th scale, be affordable, and not take up acres of real estate? look at the power loader size and pricetag then imagine a landspeeder? :google. an xwing??? :google:google:google

Ok maybe your right about 12" vehicles.I forgot about the scale.:lol

He's got to be talking something in a smaller scale.

Could it be he came to discuss something along those lines with Sideshow? If any company could make 1:6 vehicles from Star Wars to compliment SSC's SW line, HT is the one in the best position to make it happen. It almost sounded like he was hinting at some sort of collaborative effort. He mentioned getting into other types of toys... kinda makes ya wonder. Maul needs his Sith speeder!!!

don't get me wrong.......i think a 1/6th landspeeder is very feasible. if sideshow can make a jabba & throne i would think the landspeeder would come in around that size. but its also gonna carry a nice price tag too. but what the heck?......its only money , who needs gas and food and bill money? :D

maybe a pod racer??
sith speeder as mudshark mentioned
speeder bikes?
staps?:confused:

Could it be he came to discuss something along those lines with Sideshow? If any company could make 1:6 vehicles from Star Wars to compliment SSC's SW line, HT is the one in the best position to make it happen. It almost sounded like he was hinting at some sort of collaborative effort. He mentioned getting into other types of toys... kinda makes ya wonder. Maul needs his Sith speeder!!!

But speeders would be about the only thing that would be on the table.That wouldn't be enough for them to get into it.

But speeders would be about the only thing that would be on the table.That wouldn't be enough for them to get into it.

I'm not so sure... they made ED-209, didn't they? If it were something they made for, or in cooperation with Sideshow, there's at least a chance they'd get into it. It did kinda sound like they were interested in the space craft, though. (Probably in smaller scales). Maybe that's what they'll eventually get into. That would be very interesting.

I'm not so sure... they made ED-209, didn't they? If it were something they made for, or in cooperation with Sideshow, there's at least a chance they'd get into it. It did kinda sound like they were interested in the space craft, though. (Probably in smaller scales). Maybe that's what they'll eventually get into. That would be very interesting.

Yeah,smaller scale vehicles would still be interesting,but I would still like to see them with the SW 12" license once Sideshow is through with it.

Back