Is the ultimate 1/6 scale Darth Vader on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the ultimate 1/6 scale Darth Vader on the way?

• Yes of course, piece of cake for SSC! And for a reasonable price too!

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Yes, but it will cost us...

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No way SSC can make this "the ultimate Darth Vader".

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 23 24.7%

• Total voters

Alice Adrenochrome

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the Sideshow Collectibles web site:

"It’s no Jedi mind trick - this really is a (very) sneak peek at Sideshow Collectibles’ long-awaited Darth Vader 1:6 scale figure! The Sith Lord is currently in development at Sideshow, and is one of our most active high-priority projects. A Sideshow ’spec ops’ development team lead by staff artist Jared Chapman is working closely with sculptor Hernan Alé to breathe new life into Darth Vader. Details on the Darth Vader figure are as tightly guarded as the Death Star plans, so go ahead and dispatch your Bothan spies, or keep an eye on the newsletter and SideshowCollectibles.com for news and updates and the opportunity to pre-order your Darth Vader figure in the next few months, as soon as he’s ready for his debut! ..."

The way Sideshow announced this new 1/6 scale Vader project makes it sound as if they are reinventing the concept. As if no one before them has ever tried to make a good Vader. You all know what they have realized over the last couple of years, and you all know what you want a 1/6 scale Vader to look like (I guess). The pressure is on and SSC has taken the challenge. So, here's a very easy question: do you think Sideshow is capable of making the "Ultimate 1/6 scale Vader" at a competitive price?

Short answer is no. If they want to create all inclusive figures of the various sagas they would have done it already with characters like Luke, Han, Leia. For an all inclusive Vader you'd need various helmet changes, chestbox swaps, etc. They could have done the same with various characters and didn't its not smart financially. They'll do A Vader probably from ANH since there is a lot of reference to the OT and down the line we'll get an ROTS, ESB and ROTJ. Vader is a guaranteed seller and just like they continue to go to the Luke well they'll do the same for Vader.

Perhaps we'll see a $200 Vader with four different helmets/shoulder armors, three different chest boxes, four different lightsabers, and two different heads! I'd go for that.

Short answer is no. If they want to create all inclusive figures of the various sagas they would have done it already with characters like Luke, Han, Leia. For an all inclusive Vader you'd need various helmet changes, chestbox swaps, etc. They could have done the same with various characters and didn't its not smart financially.

I don't think you can equate Vader with those guys. While there are variations to his look, most are pretty minimal. I don't think SSC will do it, but I think if any character in SW that's in mutiple movies could be merged into one Ultimate package, Vader would be the one.

I don't think so, it'll be a great figure that's for sure,
but it will be very hard to top Medi's quality and design-wise.
The height issue will be corrected though, which is Medi's major problem.
And the price tag is going to be the highest yet for a SS figure me thinks...:monkey2

I don't think you can equate Vader with those guys. While there are variations to his look, most are pretty minimal. I don't think SSC will do it, but I think if any character in SW that's in mutiple movies could be merged into one Ultimate package, Vader would be the one.

True, but it's best to make them all. People will buy them. ANH Vader vs ANH Ben. ESB Vader vs Bespin Luke. ROTJ Vader vs Jedi Luke. And ROTS Vader... yelling.

Each could have their respective differences and things like removable helmet/mask and removable hand for ROTJ.

Im not shure maybe sideshow might suprise us after all they have no competition since no company has made a good 1/6 darth vader yet.I still hate everything about the medicom versions.So im not going to knock the sideshow vader since I havent seen it yet.

I just hope when sideshow makes a vader it will be.

1.In scale with their 1/6 line/he will be taller then the other figures.

2.Interchangeable heads no reveal mask please dont make medicoms biggest mistake.Just one head with the mask and dome and one head with the reveal if they decide to do a reveal.

3. Costume based off of one of the films not a cross between all four films.

Im really looking forward to seeing what sideshow is going to do.I understand the price will be high but if the figure looks good and will cost $200.00 or under im happy.

Good luck sideshow.
Billy

I look forward to yet again telling you I told you so. :lol:p:cool:

Back