NEW The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy TRAILER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hoo! Y'know, I didn't even realise they were doing a film of it until I saw this thread! Yay!!

Hmm... this has restored my hope somewhat. Seems like it has a decent budget. I'd thought that Zaphod not permanently having two heads was done for budgetry reasons, but I guess it's more likely now that it was done because 'one head' worked better on screen.

No offense to the yanks here, but pity about the American voice-over on the trailer :p . Thankfully it's still set in Britain, and the leads (where appropriate) are British as well.

I just hope it's not Disneyed up, and some of the more 'adult' humour removed.

Yes I agree a British voice-over on the trailer would have
been much better.

And it sounds like Mos Def is doing an American accent - isn't he British? I have no problem with the casting, but he must be English!

But the film looks great. Been waiting for this for a long time. I have the mini-series on DVD, but it's just so low budget that it's hard to watch.

And I think there's a shot in the trailer with Zaphod's 2nd head popping up - too quick to be sure though.

Yeah, I think it was. I heard - before the trailer - that his second head slides out of the top of the 'normal' one. And that his beard is actually the hair on the top of the second head. Weird :p .

Hopefully the trailer comes out in quicktime soon, so we can get a better look.

lol that last scene was very Monty Python-esque. Looks good. Ford Prefect isn't at all how I had imagined him though. Can't wait to see Marvin the paranoid android's scenes!

I take it it's just based on the first part? If so, and it turns out to be good, I hope they film the sequels two at a time or something.

Yeah I was going to post that Dave, great having Steven Fry
has the narrator.

WSKdtFQ_d.webp

Resurrecting 15 year old threads is tight! I hope the OP sees that he has been thanked by this amiable and positive new member.

Back