Guide On How To Use A Signature At Full Size.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
A few people have asked me how to use signatures so I figured I would make a little guide.
Hopefully it will be of help to someone. :D

First of all , please remember to follow the basic forum rules of keeping your
signature between (height) 150 x 500 (width) pixels and no bigger in file size than 500kb.
It keeps the forum looking neater.

1. Ok first of all upload whatever image you want to photobucket or another online file upload site.
Once uploaded click on your file and you will see the image code , copy this by highlighting it and clicking copy.

copythiscodeimgcode.jpg

Once thats done , go to the sideshow forum and scroll up to the top of the page. Look for where the link is that reads " sideshow freaks ". Underneath that it will say home. Next to that it says " user cp ". Click " user cp.

imgcodeguide2.jpg

3. Once on there to the left you will see the control panel and in there a link that says edit signature. Click that.

imgcodeguide3.jpg

4. Once in there scroll down and you will see a box that is the same box that you would send a message by. Paste the code you copied from photobucket in here by right clicking and clicking paste or scrolling to the top of your computer clicking edit and paste.

imgcodeguide4.jpg

5. Once you have done that scroll down a little and click save signature.

imgcodeguide9.jpg
[/IMG]

6. Your signature will now be added but to the left of your profile , if you want it in the center like mine follow the above steps up to part 3 but this time scroll down and highlight the img code you posted in the box which will still be there.
Once highlighted , just above it you will see some tools that are clickable , there are three buttons that are all each a set of lines on top of each other. Click the middle one whilst still highlighted on the code.
Once this is done , click save signature again a little down the page.

imgcodeguide12.jpg

7. Your signautre will now look like this , if you have any questions just let me know. Thanks , Tay.

imgcodeguide13.jpg

Last edited:
Well Done uscmhicks :clap

You have taken the time to provide a guide to help members who are unsure of how to do this.

This is a great way to contibute to the forum and you have done a very good job at it as well.

:mexwave

bump .. not being big head but maybe this should be sticked.
Alot of people ask me how to do this and I'm sure a few others get messages too.

Excellent tutorial - we'll move this into permathreads after some exposure.

Just a reminder - RESTRICTIONS ON SIGS - 500 x 150 pixels, no more than 500KB in file size!

no problem dude.

Thanks for the compliment dave ! :rock

Highlighted the rule of size in red , to make it a little more standyoutty. :lol

Holy cow--THIS is just what I've always needed!!! For somebody like me who is utterly and totally inept with any kind of technology, this kind of a tutorial, which is both simple and clear, is just fantastic. I am impressed beyond words, and immensely grateful for the guide. Thank you!!!

Just a reminder - RESTRICTIONS ON SIGS - 500 x 150 pixels, no more than 500KB in file size!

Thats where I had a problem because the file I wanted to use was within those restrictions but when I copied it into my signature it blew it up about 3 times the size.... DOH.

bump this up to the top , I know its necroposting but it will save alot of more threads from being opened because alot of people have been asking how to do this lately. :)

bump this up to the top , I know its necroposting but it will save alot of more threads from being opened because alot of people have been asking how to do this lately. :)

Made Sticky to keep to top.
Awesome instructions Hicks, im sure many will find it very helpful :rock :rock

Please remember when making Sig's that it is limited to 150x500 pixels and less than 500KB in size.
Many thanks
x :D

Last edited:
Click "Edit" on your post above, then click "Go Advanced" then scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" and check the box that says "Show Signature". From that point on all your posts will show your sig.

:wave

Back