Lights for Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
i finally grabbed a couple of Detolfs this week. what is a good source for lighting??? i've seen some good ones in the pictures, but i need something that is relatively flat because i have the HT Predators in them and don't want clearance problems.

The non lights they sell at ikea are about 1.25" thick... you can pick up similar ones at lowes, but they generate more heat...

I've used the ones they have at Ikea and I think they work pretty well. Not to mention they're not too expensive.

i finally grabbed a couple of Detolfs this week. what is a good source for lighting??? i've seen some good ones in the pictures, but i need something that is relatively flat because i have the HT Predators in them and don't want clearance problems.

The best lights to use in the Detolfs are the "Dioder Four Pack".
dioders.jpg

There are four lights per pack. I use one pack per Detolf with great effect.

These are ultra thin, and emit very little heat. You can easily hold the palm of your hand against them for hours :)

They are so light, that mine are only affixed with the supplied double-sided tape. The light is also more natural and bring out more details of the figures.

Here is the link to them on the IKEA Australia website for more info:
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/80119934

You will need to check with your IKEA for your local pricing.

Cheers

dioders.jpg

These are ultra thin, and emit very little heat. You can easily hold the palm of your hand against them for hours :)

They are so light, that mine are only affixed with the supplied double-sided tape. The light is also more natural and bring out more details of the figures.

Cheers

Have to agree - mains powered - wafer thin - excellent brightness - and they just stick on

dioders.jpg

Cheers
Nice one Brother! I'm definitely going to pick up 4 sets of these this weekend. I'm been after a lighting solution like that for my new shelf set up! They look good too.

I agree, they are low lighting though but I like that. I found some at walmart that are brighter but also thicker/heavier and I can't get them to stick so I'll have to screw them down. i can't wait to go to Ikea again to get some more. i love them.

Model: 7200-LED-BN

Made the mistake of buying some LED lights from Walmart made by a company called "Lights of America." $20 for a 3-pack. Only used a couple days a week for around 4 hours at a time. These have failed and no longer illuminate. Turns out tons of people have been complaining online about these lights burning out.

They are sold at Costco, Ace hardware, Walmart and probably some other places. DO NOT BUY!!! :exactly:
lights.jpg

edit: the model is 7200-LED-BN sold in single or packs of 3. I made the mistake of buying 20!! :(

Re: Model: 7200-LED-BN

dioders.jpg

Cheers

Have to agree - mains powered - wafer thin - excellent brightness - and they just stick on

Nice one Brother! I'm definitely going to pick up 4 sets of these this weekend. I'm been after a lighting solution like that for my new shelf set up! They look good too.

I agree, cannot go wrong with these

Made the mistake of buying some LED lights from Walmart made by a company called "Lights of America." $20 for a 3-pack. Only used a couple days a week for around 4 hours at a time. These have failed and no longer illuminate. Turns out tons of people have been complaining online about these lights burning out.

They are sold at Costco, Ace hardware, Walmart and probably some other places. DO NOT BUY!!! :exactly:
lights.jpg

edit: the model is 7200-LED-BN sold in single or packs of 3. I made the mistake of buying 20!! :(

I found some of theses at a G-Sale for a $1.00 and a waste of a Dollar they where

Here's another vote for the dioder. The Non's get much, much too hot although they are the ones that Ikea recommends for the detolfs.

The dioder's look like they might be good but at $99 there are too much I only payed $99 for most of my cabinets, I also hate wires everywhere. Could you not put something over them to diffuse the white light??

I swear they were 39 yesterday. What happened...

*doh....that was the AU Ikea site...its 39 for US....scared me because I was going to pick up some over the weekend

The thing with the IKEA light is that it's quite bulky. When you put in inside the Detolf, figures have little headroom left on the top shelf. I once saw these portable battery-powered lights you can stick to the ceiling of the shelf... but they came in a Japanese package. Anyone else saw those/ They looked thin and non-intrusive.

Question about the Dioder...

How do you account for the wires?

Since the Detolfs are all glass, I'd hate to have an unsightly bunch of wires showing through the back of the case.

Anyone have some pics on what you've done to minimalize this?

Thanks!

Since the Detolfs are all glass, I'd hate to have an unsightly bunch of wires showing through the back of the case.

Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing. But in alot of pics I've seen the wires are just hanging down the back :monkey1

Thanks!

I'd like to bump this question.

Thanks!

I just bought a detolf yesterday, and their display model had these really nice strips to conceal the wires, but I couldn't find them for sale anywhere. :(

Back