Ichi the Killer figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I cannot believe my luck. I have been looking for the manga version of Ichi from the Miike film/Hideo Yamamoto manga Koroshiya Ichi (Ichi the Killer). I wasn't that impressed with the movie figures from Medicom. They are decent enough but to me not worth the about $100 they go for.

There's a convention exclusive Manga version of Ichi though that I have thus far only known about. I had never even seen one for sale. I just knew it existed and several years ago had found a picture of the figure. Since then I have pined for it like you cannot imagine. It is literally the ONLY "grail" I have ever had. Usually I either want things that are readily available or don't care enough about what isn't to put much effort into finding it.

Here's the picture I found, I think advertising the figure. If you compare it to the auction photos I think this was a prototype as the actual figure seems to have more hand options as well as black arm pads/armor instead of the medium grey.
ichi.gif

Will this guy just showed up on ebay, I couldn't believe my eyes. At first I thought I wasn't seeing it right and that it was the movie version but no, this is the manga version. I starting to think it didn't even exist. I have to believe the guy selling it had no idea what it was and just looked at other Ichi figures selling on ebay and put it up for a comparable price.

080423-126.jpg

080423-127.jpg

https://cgi.ebay.com/MEDICOM-KOROSH...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I've often said that it's overrated in how violent it is and underrated in how good a film it is. That being said it is pretty damn violent but if you've seen the trailer nothing worse than what's in that. It's all very cartoony violence at that. Miike's range is pretty astounding. Try watching Bird People of China, Ichi the Killer, Audition, and The Happiness of the Katakuris all in one day some time.

I'd say, Ichi the Killer is overrated. Cartoony violence, that describes it very well. I found it pretty funny. A friend of mine described it as being over the hill, in regards of violence. That should make you curious Shai, but I'm pretty sure you'll be disappointed by the movie. There's also a Anime about Ichi, that gives insight on how Ichi became "Ichi the Killer". Worth seeing if you're an Anime adept, but still not a very good Anime.

dedguy, congratz on the figure! Looks really nice. Wish I had one too!

I seen that movie, it was good, but weird and crazy. One of the strangest movies I've ever seen. I watch alot of Foreign Films. I thought Hollywood had the upper hand, but theres films out there that are on a different level with effects and just quality. Ichi is more low budget but still worth seeing.

I just read the whole Ichi manga (comic) that the film was based on. I'm a big fan of the author (Hideo Yamamoto) from reading Homunculus. Now I want a manga version of Kakihara, which I know I will never get outside of a custom. It wouldn't be THAT hard a custom, but I think getting him to match Ichi style wise would be the hard part.

Anyway, the manga is sometimes very close to the film and a lot of the time much much crazier, weirder, more disgusting, and oddly more disturbing. Somehow Miike managed to make a film adaptation of a comic book far more comic-booky than the actual book.

was Ichi the Killer a good movie ???

Dude, it's twisted and crazy. Not the best movie out there, but definitely worth watching - especially if you like whacked out ^^^^.

Gotta love Miike's flicks... I haven't really been dissapointed by one yet. Even his Masters of Horror epsiode (Imprint) was twisted and great.

I had two issues with Imprint. 1) Billy Drago is the worst actor ever (and I have a high tolerance for bad acting. 2) the head thing at the end was really silly.

I LOVE Ichi the Killer, it's among my favorite films but I have to admit when Miike gets heartfelt is when I really love his stuff. Dead or Alive 2 being my favorite movie ever made pretty much. It's so beautiful. Bird People of China is also really great and I am VERY much looking forward to Kami Puzzle (God's Puzzle).

"Audition", in my opinion, Miike's best. It is crossover and almost main stream. He is a prolific and a ground breaking director. Disturbing is the best way to describe his work, but there is always a subtext to his films.

I don't think "disturbing" best describes Miike's work. I'd say more a long the line of "diverse". I dare you to call Zebraman disturbing. Audition is great though, among the more upsetting films I have seen.

Dead or Alive 2 is my favorite as well. I think I told you to watch that ages ago before you actually had. I was on a big Miike kick a few summers ago and got everything I could in very short order.

Dead or Alive 2 is my favorite as well. I think I told you to watch that ages ago before you actually had. I was on a big Miike kick a few summers ago and got everything I could in very short order.

Yeah I had sorta stopped keeping up with his stuff. I watched everything from the 2000-2003 era. A lot of good stuff during that time. The Happiness of the Katakuris, Ichi the Killer, and Visitor Q all came out in 2001. What other director puts out four films of the caliber in the same year.

I've started playing catchup though. The Great Yokai War and Zebraman where great fun kids films and I'm about to watch Big Bang Love. As I said I cannot wait for God's Puzzle. That looks so damn good.

"Audition", in my opinion, Miike's best. It is crossover and almost main stream. He is a prolific and a ground breaking director. Disturbing is the best way to describe his work, but there is always a subtext to his films.

I fell asleep to 'audition' never tried to watch is again. Seemed to low budget for me.

Well, finally managed to trace a 12" Medicom Ichi the killer anime appearance (brand new, never opened box!), but now it's stuck in customs for almost a week!! And of all the figures I've gotten lately, this is the one I was looking forward to the most... sigh...
Somehow, I'd like to get my hands on the Medicom life action movie versions of Ichi and Kakihara. Anyone?

Well, finally managed to trace a 12" Medicom Ichi the killer anime appearance (brand new, never opened box!), but now it's stuck in customs for almost a week!! And of all the figures I've gotten lately, this is the one I was looking forward to the most... sigh...
Somehow, I'd like to get my hands on the Medicom life action movie versions of Ichi and Kakihara. Anyone?

Yes please! :D

Back