SDCC 2008 Star Wars Predicions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroJow

Super Freak
Reaction score
I remember being somewhat let-down at Comic Con last year when it came to Star Wars, especially after having seen Jabba & Co. the previous year.

So what do y'all think Sideshow will be unveiling at SDCC THIS year Star Wars-wise? Anything?

Personally, I am expecting armored Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Emperor Palpatine with his throne, and Emperor's Royal Guard.

Hmm... perhaps I should change my "expecting" to "hoping for?"

- J

Frankly, I'd be satisfied with just Vader and a Stormtrooper.

- J

Medicom Arc trooper.

SS? who knows hopefully a vader announcement (probably some clone wars stuff)

While the frontrunners are definitely the Stormies and Vader, etc. I have a feeling it'll be Clones. Standard and colored ROTS Clones with Commanders to round them out.

Tusken Raiders
Jawas (to cash in on the Hobbit body)
Emperor Royal Guard

I believe we will NOT see Darth Vader, but maybe troopers.

Here are my predictions.

1:1 Grievous Bust
Versus Diorama, likely and OT Saber duel
1/6 Clone Trooper, they have that armor molded already
ROTS Obi-Wan PF Figure
1/6 Padme from TPM

I'm not anticipating any big showing from any one group, like no super 1/6 display or anything, but a healthy assortment of products across the various product types produced for Star Wars.

i really hope for a chewbacca 1/6 scale figure.........and hopefully they get to the clone commanders ( cody, neyo, bacara, gree, and bly ) that would be awesome!!!!

we'll only see one or 2 new items... the rest will be what has been release so far this year.

I remember being somewhat let-down at Comic Con last year when it came to Star Wars, especially after having seen Jabba & Co. the previous year.

- J

I think that the Jabba set is one hard act to follow. More than anything else, it expanded our expectations of their Star Wars line.

It hard to remember what was the wow factor of last year's con.. Was it the presentation of the Hobbits?

Since everyone thinks it will be 12" Vader I say we get a Emperor Vader/Luke ROTJ Diorama and no new 12" figure.

Back