Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - Predator (Cleaner Kit version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Well all the speculation was right, pretty impresive accessories, roaring mandibles and a sweet stand!-

Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - 1/6th scale Predator model kit (Cleaner Kit version)

A realistic based 1/6th scale (approx.14 inches tall) Predator collectible model from the movie Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
This full geared Predator features a newly developed Predator body with complex skin pattern and 22 points of articulation, a fabric net body suit with detailed armor and it also comes with:

Weapons:
- one articulated shoulder cannons
- Rolled-up whip
- Extendable spear
- Closed Shuriken
- Retractable Wrist blades
- Wrist computer
- Syringe **
- Cannon (hand-held version) **

Accessories:
- Predator Mask (damaged version)**
- Corrosive liquid container**
- Skull necklace
- Neck Wrap
- Med Kit
- Cleaner case **
- Interchangeable mandibles **
- Bandolier
- Each model comes with Alien Corpse featured display base **

** newly added features

NOTE: Simple assembly required

{Release date: Q2, 2008}

1AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

2AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

3AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

4AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

5AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

6AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

7AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

8AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

9AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

10AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

More-

11AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

13AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

14AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

15AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

16AVPR-Predator_CleanerKitver.jpg

Aliens vs Predator Requiem TM & © 2008 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Just goes to show how un-collector-friendly Hot Toys can be. Really ought to only be 1 all encompassing figure. Now the question is what's easier, pick up things you want in after market or get this too.

Worst is it's not even a BD figure, it is exactly what shipped only better. HT sucks for these practices.

So it finally happened. This is by far the superior version, and no unnecessary battle damage either! Great news, thanks Wookster.

Doesn't this belong in the aliens and robots section?

So it finally happened. This is by far the superior version, and no unnecessary battle damage either! Great news, thanks Wookster.

Doesn't this belong in the aliens and robots section?

Ooops, yep you are very right.:monkey4

Can a mod move this for me?:peace

Actually, I notice one detail, which makes it slap in the face to fans, that is missing in images and that's the right shoulder cannon. It looks like his armor may not have that mount as he has the hand gun cannon. Might also be gone to have the cleaner kit, so it may not be THE version, but with the small differences showing here, there could have been a single figure.

I'm glad to be european !

Cancel the regular to get this one !!!

(no extend whip for this one ?)

(no extend whip for this one ?)

No, it looks like HT is making this figure, for the most part, a representation of his first 10-15 minutes in the movie, so no use of the whip, no 2 shoulder cannons, yet they do include the gun mode and roaring mandibles from the end of the movie just to ^^^^ with collectors cuz they suck like that.

I don't hate HT for re-releasing their figures. It really depends on which side of the coin you land on. Either you're a disgruntled owner of the previous model or someone a little late to the party and now have a chance at the newer model.

However, they're confusing us with this new Wolf. He's better equipped than the previous version, but still incomplete. I wonder if they intentionally left out some items (like the ones MF and Siona mentioned) in plans to include them with a 3rd and final version of the Wolf (with battle damage, one would assume). And why wouldn't they? They've put out a BD Predalien, so we would need a BD Wolf to match.

I'd be pissed if I had bought the original (or if I had any interest in this character, which I don't -- I bought the DVD of AVPR and haven't made it past the first 30 or 40 minutes yet. Just horrid so far, frankly.)

Certainly not a surprise.
I think we can now all expect this on future Hot Toys releases.

It is missing the extra right Cannon and Extended Whip, but not a huge problem. I thought of keeping mine in box for possibly sending it back once this second version was confirmed just in case, but with some significant differences I'll try to get this one too.

Unfortunately this release is missing the armored left gauntlet. I would've liked to had mine with the plasma cannon in his right and the armored gauntlet on his left. :monkey2

But there is NO EXCUSE for leaving out the Roaring Mandibles on the first release!!! :mad:

Mhhh ok that's suck :D, I hoped to get a full wolf but it seems it's not this one ...

I begin to hate HT policy about this re-release ^^.

And now I don't know which version take :monkey2

Yeah, the differences between each successive release of the same character were previously better defined. Jack Sparrow vs. Cannibal Jack, Pred 2 vs. BD Pred 2, Robocop vs. Robo 3 vs. Robo 3 w/flightpack, etc etc.

Not so much for Wolf though...

I can see why people are peeved, but it's just modern business practice as far as I can see to maximise profits on any given product. I'll try and get hold of this one as well as it looks so freakin cool.
But I get annoyed all the time when I buy a DVD or CD only for a better version with extra features, extra tracks and with CD's they often include a free DVD a few months after you get the first one, making the first one of little more use than a shiney coaster.
At least on this occaision it'll give me a chance to display both with and sans mask.

I also posted a new AVP:R Cosbaby set, interestingly there are two other Preds in the set, could there be more 1/6 AvP:R Preds on the way?-
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=866412#post866412

Last edited:
Ah, just another one to add to the collection. I'll display this one with the open mouth, since that's pretty much what i'm getting him for :rock

I just realized that this one doesn't include the shuriken either, so it really is for the most part Wolf as you see him onboard the crashed ship and not after that.

I understand the concept of rereleases, Hasbro does it all the time, and to an extent so does Medicom with Star Wars.

The issue I have with this Wolf variant is it's not different from the other Wolf. Other than to make more money, I can't see a logic to not including the technical accessories that come with this one with the original figure and just having an all encompassing figure. In the end, you have 2 incomplete figures. To me, other than the roaring mandibles and the Alien skull, the P2BD add ins not being with the original figure don't make it less complete, they're really only practical if your figure looks wounded because he used those items after he got hurt. This figure is just Wolf again, no different than the first release with more items he used. Sideshow and Medi don't even do rehashes like this (at least not that I'm aware of with Medi). It's just frustrating that to really have the Ultimate Wolf figure, you have to buy both Wolfs, at least with P2 Pred, it was an either or, you could live with the wound paint on the BD and have the all inclusive figure if you wanted, but there is no all inclusive Wolf.

This sucks. I think this is one of them times when the 'it sucks' criticism is justified. This isn't modern business practice. This is lies and manipulation. They told us Wolf would come with the kit, and when it didn't they didn't bother to tell anyone why. All we could do is speculate a reason. This isn't a $20 DvD either. If you want a bad analogy, then it's like buying a washing machine, except the subsequent release has a motor.

I'm a disgruntled owner of the previous model. Can't you tell. Even more disgruntled because my Wolf's leg broke off and I was told they had no spare bodies. Shipped the body back for repair, now the body goes missing. Have to wait another week to see if it turns up before jumping through the hoops to probably end up with a useless box of Hot crap. At least Sideshow doesn't use modern business practice. Tepid Toys ^^^^ me to tears. They suck. :banghead:banghead:banghead:sancho Yeah, laugh it up sancho, you annoying little ass. I notice they still haven't fixed the shoulder canon mount, and it comes with a cool stand. This sucks. :banghead

Back