Battle for Middle Earth - who has???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Smaugs Fury

anyone get past Helms Deep as good side yet???

I have gotten there, but am overwhelmed before Eomer/Gandy arrives.

Anyone survive this and beat this section??

I have done what some of the walkthroughs have suggested and lived longer, but I usually end up losing a hero, or the Uruks blow deeping wall.

Solutions????

Upgrade all archers (rohan/elven), their armour and fire arrows. put legolas in the middle, and line Aragorn/Gimli/Boromir/Eowyn along the wall, along with archers. When the Uruk comes with siege ladders have the archers (with fire arrows take them out). After Beserkers come with the bomb, get the troops out of walls, when it blows, rush the uruks and rush one of the base. Theoden in horse rider at the gate will guard the gate with 2 sets of Rohan riders and attack the battle ram. Then Eomer/Gandalf should be around, summon them by click on the Rohan flag (the timer left top corner). Then rush the other the second base with everybody.
This should work even in hard mode, I've never been defeated at Helms Deep. I even kill both Uruk bases even before Eomer/Gandalf arrives. Just make sure your heroes stay alive.

re

Nice one,
Im just starting as the good guys, finished as the Uruks, thought the end was a bit of a cop out though, but not gonna spoil it, am looking forward to Helms deep now, but need to practice my online gaming, have some mates who keep on beating me on singles, got some strategies ready now though! :speech
:p

Re: re

Hey thanks for the tips on Helms Deep. I was finally able to get past it with the above advice.

I have a new one also, that worked there...

At the first wave, when the battering ram and the pikeman assault the main gate, I had my archers kill off the wargs and assist in killing the battering ram.

I had theoden march out through the side gate and attack the Ram to destroy it. This had the effect of getting the uruk pikemen to come after him and loiter around the secret entrance for a long time. I DID NOT KILL THEM OFF

By this time, I had mopped up the first wave, and had rebuilt the forces on the wall. The funny thing is, by not killing the Pikemen on the gate assault, it prevents the game AI from sending the second Uruk assault wave, giving you valuable precious time to armor up yoru archers, and give them all flame arrows, armor up the cavalry etc. By the time I had all the archers trained up to level three or four with Lego's help and the peasants trained up also

Let's just say, it was a killing spree when the second wave came, and the third wave, and the fourth wave...fun to build up experience so fast. I only had to mke sure the mines didn't get too close...actually, it was fun to blow them up out range of the wall and do damage to the Uruk formations.

Working on Isgiliath right now...killed a few Oliphants, but want to build up the experienced troops alot.

Cheers for posting the tips! I started Helms Deep today, but got overwhelmed by the siege ladders. Will try again tomorrow! Looking forward to Isengard.

FrodoEyes, you should armed the archers with fire arrows first before the time runs out on the Uruk charge and if there's any money left go for armour upgrade. When Uruk comes with ballastic calpults, Gimli with his level 5 power or Rohan riders should take them out.

After Helms Deep, you are introduced to Faramir at the Forbidden Pool, very nice.

Played it through a couple of times, figurin out best way,

So far, I was able to jump Faramir up to level 3, and build me some nice amounts of armored archers, tower guards, soldiers, and cavalry. By almost totally wiping out the last orc base, but leaving it the ability to build cheapo troops, i was able to upgrade all my forces with armor, shielding, better weaponry, flame arrows, and cavalry shielding, and banner carriers.

My forces totally kick ass now, and have some good throw away ones when I need to build other upgrades in the future missions.

Its mean, but you have to send many off to die to be able to get around the resource cap, and training requirements to upgrade your blacksmiths, and other buildings.

Is this game worth getting? It sounds like it but I've never been a big PC game player.

re

Hey josh, rob, i was NEVER a big gamer on the PC, only ever played rollercoaster tycoon on it, was a PS2 man b4 that, but this game is amazing,, like Red alert (if you ever played it) but with Middle earth characters, all the places you see in the films you battle at, very addictive, online gaming as well, had a 3 on 3 fri night at osgiliath!
Buy it, if you dont like it, i'll pay for it! ;)
:p

I finished the game as the good guys and started over as the bad guys... Very Cool Game !!:banana

I would recommend this game. Everything is balanced between Rohan/Gondor/Isengard/Mordor.

Helm's Deep/Minas Tirith/Black Gate are really fun scenerios.

Have you guys been to the BFME message boards and download player's creation of heroes like Sauron?

May pop into the BFME message boards for tips. Didn't think i'd need any as I done the evil mode quite easily, but it's so harder when you're the good guys under seige.

Just tried Helms Deep, lost again. I run out of money too quickly. What exactly did you build? One stable, one archery range, one armoury etc?

Also do you let the gate be broken and the deeping wall be blown up or are you supposed to stop that? And how do I make sure I have enough money/resouces!!!

I got through all the attack waves then everyone died while I was attacking the last wave after the deeping wall had been blown up, then Eomer/Gandy arrived and started to kill off the uruks inside Helms Deep but then I had to guard the citadel and there is where I eventually died.

build four farms. one armory(I destroy the armory once I've upgrade armour and weapon and then I build a 5th farm), one stable. (build armory and then stable last), I even destory the fountain and make a farm - in total you can have 6 farms.
have the 2 rohan rider (create another from the stables and upgrade armor only)and theoden on horseback guard (gives bonus to troops)the gate and build a secret door on the right hand side of the gate. have one set of rohan archers on each side of the gate and possible 3rd one on the top of the gate.
when the elven archers come, line them along the deeping wall with 3 more sets of rohan archers. the rest of the archers between the deeping wall and the gate. put Boromir/Aragorn/Gimli/Eowyn/Legolas along the deeping wall, but keep Legolas on the right side. upgrade with archers with fire arrows first and then with armour. (this could be achieved before the Uruk army comes)
when Uruk comes with siege ladders, have Legolas use double arrows, Gimli throwing axe, Eowyn's spear take out one ladder each (with archer's fire arrows). If the berserkers managed to get on top of the wall. Aragorn, Boromir/Gimli kill them.
The deeping wall will be destroyed no matter what, you can't stop it. It'll blow up by itself or Uruks with a bomb near it during the third wave. The Uruks will send ballastic calpults, these are dangerous cause they take out your guys faster. Gimli's power at level 5 (don't know what's it's called) gives him more attack power and running speed, have him attack the calpults or use Rohan riders destroy them.
Whenever the battling ram comes, have Theoden (use Theoden Charging power)and the horse riders attack it, by coming out of the secret tunnel.
After the Uruks fourth wave attack, u could either wait until Eomer/Gandalf to arrive to rush the base or do a rush with 2/3 of your archers with Aragorn/Boromir/Eowyn/Legolas/Gimli to destroy one Isengard's base, then Eomer's army rushes the other. Don't rush if you don't have a full army. When you're rushing, take out those calpults, they are a big reason why your army can get swiped out.
I think you're having money problems cause your heroes are dying. If a hero is low on life, pull him/her back to safety to the keep. It's expensive reviving them. Remember then Aragorn can heal heroes nearby.
I hope this helps.

Back