Ada Chan Bishop group commission from ALIENS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've coordinated a few community funded group commissions in the horror section to get Chan Ada sculpted heads of the Winchester Brothers from SUPERNATURAL and TALL MAN from PHANTASM. Her work is AMAZING!

By taking a list to get as many people in as we can interested, we then divide the cost for the commission among all of us who pre-pay to get it made. Yes, they end up from her on E-bay eventually a bit cheaper, but the point here is that we are the ones who actually get the BISHOP head made.

The cost for a popular character like Bishop would probably be about $35 a head if we get as many orders as I think we can get.

The Sideshow Frank Black head makes an okay stand-in, but I want a age accurate, and frankly better sculpted one, damn it! :)

She will paint the head for an additional $10 if you want. Here is an example of her work. Just post if you are interested.
Thanks!
-Rick

JaredPadalecki-CM-0203-.jpg

AngusScrimmCM-0201ER.jpg

docsmith.jpg

Pepper.jpg

INTERESTED
"."=paid

.USCMHicks
Abake
.mudshark x2
.Charles Hughey
customfig
.tigerfeet x2 (painted)
.sladesuperagent
stendek (maybe)
.metaphorge
.Darth Cruel
JediMike71
.icruise x2
.space jockey

Last edited:
I think it is a great idea to do a Group Commission Bishop for everyone who wants one. I have a OOAK callous Custom Bishop head/figure and have been encouraging Sovereign to do one down the line. As far as the Frank Black head I have to disagree. It is a superb sculpt. I think, speaking from experience, the best way to go about this is to have someone like Shawn, or whomever, recast the FB head and make up a completed fig for a decent group rate.

I would recommend a FB head with rooted hair. That is what callous did with mine and it is as you can see, a dead on Bishop.

bishopfinal.jpg

Bishop would work best on a Dragon short body and someone would also have to make up an accurate outfit with patches, etc. There are a few jumpsuits which are close but someone like Shawn could make one with exacting details, whether he recasts the FB sculpt or you all use an Ada Sculpt. As far as shoes, a cut, then recast Ripley boot would work well enough too. So it wouldn't be that difficult.

Anyway, I wish you all a great Project launch. Everyone should have a Bishop. :D

DSC08828.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Pjam on this one... if we could get something like what he has I'd be down like a clown :rock

As far as the Frank Black head I have to disagree. It is a superb sculpt. I think, speaking from experience, the best way to go about this is to have someone like Shawn, or whomever, to recast the FB head and make up a completed fig for a decent group rate.

I would recommend a FB head with rooted hair. That is what callous did with mine and it is as you can see, a dead on Bishop.

bishopfinal.jpg

DSC08828.jpg

Hi PJam,
Your Bishop head has long been a custom that has inspired many a fanboy to drool, dude! NO DOUBT! It rocks!!!!!

I love Lance Henriksen. I am actually very happy with the Sideshow Frank Black once repainted... as Frank Black. But the head DID turn out noticibly oversized, and Bishop was a role Lance played 15 years (?) earlier when he was still very lean looking anyways (as opposed to normal weight), which particularly showed in his face back then.

bishop10.jpg

Ada is my preference of artist on this. Anyone who joins in just makes my dream a little cheaper!!! Thanks for the replies! :chew:chew:chew

I have to say that Frank Black is the way to go on this one - I really don't think Ada could come close to that sculpt. The age may be a issue, but seeing pjam's, I don't really think that's a problem either.

Doesn't Ada require a significant deposit first, before you see the results?

I'm always sketchy about payment first deals without knowing what you're gonna get.

I have also heard that some of her sculpts are undersized. Has that ever been an issue for the items you've ordered from her, WST?

I do need a Bishop. Just trying to sort out the best way.

I have to say that Frank Black is the way to go on this one - I really don't think Ada could come close to that sculpt. The age may be a issue, but seeing pjam's, I don't really think that's a problem either.

Agreed! Ada is good, but that FB is pretty darn on. And considerably cheaper.

"I have also heard that some of her sculpts are undersized. Has that ever been an issue for the items you've ordered from her, WST?"

The one head I have ordered from her and have recieved (Egon) is just fine in size. This is a constant question I hear asked me on the commission forum threads (and rightly so). Everyone has responded in the threads say their heads were fine except for an early Bill Bixby head.

The three heads I commissioned are being cast, and painted so they are few weeks away from arriving. I got my first pics of all three characters three weeks after I place my order in to her. She's very fast, and has no problems making changes. Any sculpt I see pics of of hers that is off I blame on the commissioner not asking for any changes or not knowing they can.

The heads from her come made for a Dragon, with the cavity already made in the neck, but also come with an adaptor to fit Sideshow and Hot Toys bodies.

"I'm always sketchy about payment first deals without knowing what you're gonna get"

Yes, you do need to pay first, and I understand why that may be a little daunting to you. But if you ask for for a list of all the heads shes made (there are easily thirty on there, and she will gladly send you pictures. She prefers to keep her full list private so she doesn't post it) or check out the fraction of them she has put on E-Bay, most sculpts are absolutely magnificent, and only a few are questionable in my opinion. Meaning she has one helluva portifolio to look at to see her work before hand.

For me, and I mean this politely, I feel she is one of the better sculptors out there and I think it is amazing a sculptress of her quality is actually accessable and affordable. After seeing her work, I wasn't nervous in commissioning her in the slightest.

"Doesn't Ada require a significant deposit first, before you see the results?"

As far as her being pricey, I think her fees are competitive for her quality, but lets face it, that's why I'm getting a GROUP commission going! If we all pitch in, the more people we get, the cheaper it will be.

As a thought to throw out there though, here's this to those that are really worried about not seeing it first:
Whatever the final divided fee ends up being, it is basically two parts added together. The price of the divided commission and the price of the casting.

Say the final price was $30 (all depending on the number of people going in).
If I offered to let those who wanted to only have pay fifteen bucks up front to help get the commission get done, when they saw it, if they weren't actually happy with it, they wouldn't be obligated to order the head and send the rest of the money. You might be $15 out, but that's it.
Just a thought for those more worried.

Last edited:
So is this a resculpted FB project... or Ada Chan. I for one think a tweake FB would be the way to go. Especially since we can see the great resculpt with Pjams.

I would've jumped on this bandwagon in a heartbeat if I hadn't bought an extra FB about three days before this thread was started because I wanted to try a Bishop kitbash. Poop. :banghead

Good luck on this one, if it comes to fruition I'm sure it'll be a great sculpt! :peace

heres the list so far man .. needs updating ! :rock

William Shatners Toupee
USCMHicks
Abake
customfig
tigerfeet

and .. hold up I'm gonna have to check how ya spell it again.. :lol

sladesuperagent

there we go. :lol:lol

thats 6 !! :rock
How many do we need for a decent price ?

Back