Batman '89 Vs. The Dark Knight '08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone tried really hard to make the connection.....don't see it really.

Very random, and not really the same at all imo.

Uh, did you see the same thing I did?

It's exact - the content of every cut, down to which character appears and the length of every cut - just the same. Obviously done on purpose. And I think I recognized that whne I first saw TDK trailer - it resonated with me. And why not? The 89 Batman trailer is one of the best ever done. I remember sneaking into theaters to watch that trailer over and over again.

When you see Basinger it's Gyllenhal in the same frame size. When you see Michael gough, it's Caine on the screen. There's no way to deny that it's on purpose.

I see what what they're meaning is behind it...the shots and the "essence" behind them is very much similar.

ex. both Batmans on the roof. Batman charging at the Joker in a vehicle (Batpod is TDK, Batwing in Batman). Joker confronting Batman's love interest.

Was that really the 89 trailer or did someone glue the clips together?
If it WAS the 89 trailer - hats off to Nolan - making it the same was classy.

Are you sure they didn't use a different trailer than that (Batman assuredly had more than one version)? I would assume that if the comparison is using 2 unaltered trailers that the 2008 version was made as an homage to the earlier film... which would be a smart move as you are trying to connect with old and new fans.

I definitely saw the connections.

It's a fanmade trailer with clips from 89 made to fit TDK. Made in 2008, not 1989.

You can tell its fan made because if you watch there are scenes out of context that would have never been shown in a trailer, like the birth of the joker with the cards floating in the chemicals, they cut awkwardly right before the hand pops out....yet you still see some hand with the fingernails....why would a studio do that? They'd either hide it or show it in complete never awkwardly glance at it... Not to mention that the scene where the Jack Joker is standing in the shadows is repeatedly awkwardly twice.

Would I put it past WB to cut a trailer like the original? No. Is this it? No. Absolutely not and those who say "Its definitely there" are ignoring the editing techniques used in the "89 trailer" and how amateur it is.

Aw shucks, that would've been cool.

But that trailer on IMDB isn't the 89 teaser trailer which I remember very well. It began with the exhaust of the Batmobile.

sorry guys, I didn't know the '89 trailer was fan made, thought it was kind of a novelty, oh well, the dark knight still looks like it is going to be an amazing film.

Yeah, that is a bummer it isn't the true trailer. :(

Still, whoever made that trailer deserves some props for doing such a good job matching it to The Dark Knight trailer. It was a real cool video.

if the trailer wasnt fan made, That would have been indeed fascinating.What a let down.

Back