No gaming for me this weekend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitFisto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Out of the clear blue after I got home from work today my 3meg DSL connection is working at slower than dial up speeds. I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech support and after figuring out it's not my computer, my router or the line itself that my modem has gone bad ( so they say ). I had to order a new modem and it will be 3-4 business days.

sadface

:lol.....it might just be.

It does suck though. I can't even download sexy pronz lolololololololololo

Loki leaves and Kit seperates himself from the world in a bout of depression .... :monkey2

can you access lolcats.com?
lolcatsdotcomknulqhgizwxckvwu.jpg

I spent from 4:30pm to nearly 11pm on the phone with 3 different bozo's from Verizon. They could not help me ONE BIT. Kept telling me it was on my end. Well lets see. Both my X-Box and computer were suffering the terrible speeds so that means it's either Verizon's connection, my modem or my router. So I then take the router out of the loop and hook the compter directly to the modem...same slow speeds so now it's either the modem or on Verizon's end. I went about bought a new modem.....Same slow speeds.....Gee, sounds like a Verizon issue? Not to them. They ran a metallic test on the line and said it looks good. I am a phone guy for a living so I explain to them that even if the copper pair carrying my line is good it doesn't mean they don't have an issue in their network.

I had 3 different "support" tech's walk me through a hundred....no, a few hundred steps tonight....reconfigure this, change that setting all while i am telling them OVER AND OVER that's it's not my fugging computer and that my XBox has the issue too.

It's ended with no resolution from them other than "see if you can borrow a friends computer and see if theirs is slow too and that might prove it's not your equipment". are you fugging kidding me????

Anyway, here it is 1:15am and my speed has magically returned to normal.I am glad it's working, but I hate Verizon.

I spent from 4:30pm to nearly 11pm on the phone with 3 different bozo's from Verizon. They could not help me ONE BIT. Kept telling me it was on my end. Well lets see. Both my X-Box and computer were suffering the terrible speeds so that means it's either Verizon's connection, my modem or my router. So I then take the router out of the loop and hook the compter directly to the modem...same slow speeds so now it's either the modem or on Verizon's end. I went about bought a new modem.....Same slow speeds.....Gee, sounds like a Verizon issue? Not to them. They ran a metallic test on the line and said it looks good. I am a phone guy for a living so I explain to them that even if the copper pair carrying my line is good it doesn't mean they don't have an issue in their network.

I had 3 different "support" tech's walk me through a hundred....no, a few hundred steps tonight....reconfigure this, change that setting all while i am telling them OVER AND OVER that's it's not my fugging computer and that my XBox has the issue too.

It's ended with no resolution from them other than "see if you can borrow a friends computer and see if theirs is slow too and that might prove it's not your equipment". are you fugging kidding me????

Anyway, here it is 1:15am and my speed has magically returned to normal.I am glad it's working, but I hate Verizon.

dude, that sucks. and then amazingly it's restored.
for like 30 minutes.:banghead

damn Verizon.
i curse Comcast regularly, but it sounds like i am glad i don't have them as my high-speed ISP.

dude, that sucks. and then amazingly it's restored.
for like 30 minutes.:banghead

damn Verizon.
i curse Comcast regularly, but it sounds like i am glad i don't have them as my high-speed ISP.

Actually that last blip was my router :rolleyes::lol

I just had to rest it. That happens once in a blue moon, but after tonight I didn't find it so funny.

If you call Verizon Support the first thing you need to do is ask for a second level tech. I refuse to speak to the level one ones. I have more knowledge in my little finger then they have in their whole body. I was helping my parents with theirs and I got a level one guy who swore he was the ^^^^ wouldn't give me a level two and after 3 minutes he had lied to me about 2 things told him he was a wrong and asked for a supervisor. The level one guys know how to do one thing. Turn everything off, unplug everything and run a line test, which the system does automatically when you are on hold.

Back