Cubicle neighbor plays games at work...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
Ok, so at work my cubicle neighbor recently started playing handheld game and leaves the sound on quite.

I suspect I am the only person who hears it, and the sound annoys me.

I have to say I can care less if she plays games, as I spend plenty of time at work goofing off too. Its just the sound is annoying.

What should I do?

Ignore it or tell her I can hear it?

Snitch her or if she's hot ,blackmailed her some sexual services.

Just tell her to turn the sound off or to put on headphones nicely. If she ignores you, just let it slip to another, higher-up coworker, that it's getting annoying and hard to work. That person will more than likely say something to her or go higher.

say, "Have you beaten your high score yet?"...that will give her a hint that you can hear it. If that doesn't work I say go with Shai's advice.

That's all well and good but really, just to be nice you could just ask her to turn it down but you respect her desire to play the game.

Or if you just don't want to hear it at all, rat out on her and cleverly hide it so she doesn't know it was you.

or you could get a handheld also and the two of you can battle it out. then the noise wouldn't be annoying because you would be playing to.

just bring a digital camera to work and take a pic of her playing games.
and tell her you have a dozen more from different days she doesnt know you took.

she'll be your slave from then on out ....

2 people today did the passive aggressive thing and went on a "quest" to find the source of the annoying sounds. (I suspect they knew what it was all along.)

Here's a summation of what I over heard:

"What you doing?"

"I'm on my break."

"Ok, but we keep hearing annoying beeps"

"I got a new phone and don't know how to turn down the sound"

"Oh, we weren't sure what it was. Now that we know what it is maybe it won't be so annoying..."

Hopefully lady takes the hint.

Back