Code Geass on Adult Swim next Saturday!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
Code Geass comes to Adult Swim starting next Saturday, April 26th! I've been wanting to watch this for a while now, so this is great news! Adult Swim has a great lineup of Anime on Saturdays now... Shin Chan, Bleach, Death Note and now Code Geass! My only concern is they are still complaining about "anime ratings" so I hope they don't pull some of these shows off in mid-run, which Adult Swim does all the time! They really annoy me with their constant schedule changing with no notice at all!

Anyway, Code Geass is coming and with the Medicom figures about to be released any day... :chew :chew :chew

Medicom Lelouch
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10065568
https://www.hlj.com/product/MEDPBM-013

Medicom Zero R2 ver
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10070382

Those are some pretty cool looking figures. I'm not familiar with Code Geass, but I may have to check it out.

I know what you mean about Adult Swim's schedule changing. I'm a big fan of Death Note and since it aired on Adult Swim the time slot has changed twice. From midnight to 12:30 am and now to 1:00 am. I just hope they don't pull the show completely.

I'll check out Code Geass. Any idea what time it'll be on?

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Figures look good, though I have no idea what the anime is about.

What other anime would you say this series is similar to?

I finished the series last year. Great anime and awesome animation. Will definitely check out the English dub on Adult Swim. By the way, has anyone heard anything good about Shin Chan? Never heard of this anime before.

I finished the series last year. Great anime and awesome animation. Will definitely check out the English dub on Adult Swim. By the way, has anyone heard anything good about Shin Chan? Never heard of this anime before.

Shin Chan has been running for something like 15 years in Japan and some Asian countries. It is actually considered a "kids" show over there. The US version has been "re-envisioned" because so much of the humor and cultural references wouldn't work in the US, and it has been turned into an "adult" show as well. It is very "adult" in fact, considering the main star of the show is a 4 or 5 year old kid in kindergarten! I love it! It is very funny most of the time! They even did their own version of a Star Wars spoof (similar to Family Guy and Robot Chicken) but it was weird, yet funny, and was definitely not for kids!!! Give it a try...

I don't like Lelouche, he's a bastard (both ways, I guess). Code Geass is an alright series. Just finished watching episode 3 of season 2.

Oh no kidding? I was mostly asking that out of bitterness that it had been permanently canceled.

This is turning out to be quite a year!

I might be wrong...

...I just thought I remembered seeing it on one of those bumps where they list the premieres for the coming year. I just tried to search for it on AdultSwim.com and it returned nothing, so you may be right after all! :monkey2

All times Eastern

12:00AM Shin Chan Episode 29
12:30AM Bleach Episode 61
1:00AM Death Note
1:30AM Code Geass Episode 1

Just to make this a bit clearer, those times are actually Sunday morning, April 27th. Adult Swim runs from 11:00PM to about 6:00AM each night/morning.

I totally forgot about Korgoth!

I really hope it happens.

That, Stroker & Hoop and Venture Bros. are great. Atleast one is still going.

I don't like Lelouche, he's a bastard (both ways, I guess). Code Geass is an alright series. Just finished watching episode 3 of season 2.

Lelouch is the man. He's my Favorite character anyway.

Code Geass while being an obvious fusion of Gundam Seed and Deathnote with a Young Char as the Main Character, Is actually quite good. The first season is quite strong and has a great cliffhanger ending.

I'd say the second season Code Geass R2 has started off quite well. I am almost as excited as when the new Macross Frontier Episode comes out (Best Show this season)

As for the US premiere of Code Geass, I watched the first episode this past weekend and altho most of the dub voices are pretty good I think Lelouch and C.C Lack Authority in their voices. C.C. Copmes off too "nice" and not strong and commanding enough and Johnny Yong Bosch He's a friend of mine so I don't want to sound like I'm bashing him but man He just doesn't have that Authority in his voice that's needed for Lelouch. He comes off like a snobbier sounding Ichigo and doesn't have that Charisma and commanding authority that Lelouch is known for having. I really want to see how he'll perform when Lelouch gets really into his Geass powers. That will be the true test, I'm not really sure if he can pull it off.

I guess that's why I'm all about the Japanese Seiyuu, although in the past few years I admit some dubs have been alrite.

Last edited:
I've met Johnny, he's a cool guy, so yeah I agree with you that I don't want to insult him but he's not an ideal Lelouche. The voice actor playing Suzaku is near perfect though, at least he is to my ears.

While the dub is not without its problems, one aspect that I appreciate is how natural the utterances of "Yes, your highness", or "Yes, my lord" sound with English actors. Nothing against the Japanese track, I know they love the English language, but hearing their attempts of the above mentioned phrases made me chuckle.

I've met Johnny, he's a cool guy, so yeah I agree with you that I don't want to insult him but he's not an ideal Lelouche. The voice actor playing Suzaku is near perfect though, at least he is to my ears.

While the dub is not without its problems, one aspect that I appreciate is how natural the utterances of "Yes, your highness", or "Yes, my lord" sound with English actors. Nothing against the Japanese track, I know they love the English language, but hearing their attempts of the above mentioned phrases made me chuckle.

I think Yuri Lowenthal was a good choice for Suzaku. I also think Johnny would have been good for Suzaku as well. Probably even better than Yuri. Johnny is better at doing more typical main characters, Unfortunately Lelouch is not a typical main character.

I obviously don't mind Japanese pronouncing English phrases but I'm Japanese myself so perhaps I'm partial or just used to it.

Overall the dub is as good as one would expect for the most part but like most cases and I think many fans would agree it doesn't touch the Original Japanese voice track which is superb.

My Lelouch Lamperouge Medicom figure just arrived!!! This figure is amazing! Absolutely stunning and the box is just as beautiful! Lacking accessories of course, but an almost perfect execution of the figure from 2D to 3D!!! And he's not too short either... :rolleyes:

I highly recommend him if you can still find him.

Back