New Hot Toys True-Types

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I plumped for here.
Two new True-Types-

Asian version, I'm not sure who this looks like, any guesses?

Hot Toys - New Generation Truetype Figure Series 3 (Normal – Relaunch ver.)

This 1/6 scale new generation truetype figure set is:
l Suitable for 1/6 Fabric costume and accessories
l Over 38 points of articulation

Set comes with:
l 2 pairs of hands
l 2 neck styles
l figure display stand

Release date: July, 2008

TruetypeFigure_NormalRelaunchver.jpg

I'm getting a bit of Christopher Lambert on this one!

Hot Toys - New Generation Truetype Figure Series 3 (Caucasian – relaunch ver.)

This 1/6 scale new generation truetype figure set is:
l Suitable for 1/6 Fabric costume and accessories
l Over 38 points of articulation

Set comes with:
l 2 pairs of hands
l 2 neck styles
l figure display stand

Release date: JULY, 2008

TruetypeFigure_CaucasianRelaunchver.jpg

YES!!! FINALLY!!! even ebay has pretty much completely dried up of new truetype bodies. this is excellent news and long overdue. think i'll grab a few this time.

and is it just me or is the skin tone on the caucasian version much better this time? i.e. not as pale? or could it just be the photos.

I still haven't found the first 2 at nude body payable price. If they wind up being decently priced then the shipping was always out of whack. <sigh> :mad:
I do wish this wave had another AA though. :(

Nice, glad they are sticking with this skin tone. That Asian version will go nice with the Ignite Ninjas's. And that second does have Lambert's eyes.

Great news... any idea what these will cost? I never ordered any when they were first available.

Great news... any idea what these will cost? I never ordered any when they were first available.

they definitely won't be cheap. i remember they were about the most expensive bods you could get (close to the medi nude bodies). i think they retail for around $30. i could be wrong. but i think that's what i remember paying. they are definitely worth it though. best bodies out there IMHO.

gonna switch my android hunter over to one. but worried the dragon clothes'll be too tight. the body it comes with is waaaay too short.

Great news! I will definately be picking up a few. I was actually thinking about when Hot Toys would release new NGL bodies. They seem to do it about every year or so, and sell pretty well.

They retail for about $30, and come with tons of parts, great for customizing. Heck the body alone on ebay, usually with no head or hands sell for close to $30.:google

Ooo, I might have to get myself one of these! I like the Buck but the one figure for whom it isn't working is Legolas; the nature of his costume makes a more natural standing most a requisite. All the others are fine though. :cool:

Fantastic news! I wanted to buy several to replace my old Hot Toys bodies now I'll have a chance to complete that task. Hoping Sideshow will carry these.

I have the following doubt:
Which body is more similar to the Superman/Clark Kent skin tone?
Because the Caucasian seems to be the most similar skin tone, but seeing the pictures of the new and the old Caucasian Truetype bodies, I noticed that the new one is darker than the first.
And the new Asian Relaunch Version seems to be much like the old Caucasian.
Thanks for any help.:D

Back