NECA Gears of War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz

My muse is a fickle b**ch
Reaction score
I know there's already a Gears figure thread but I ain't no necroposter. :lol I also didn't want to cut and paste the packaging pictures so check out the link.

https://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/204

Fenix, The Cole Train, and Two Grubs Get Packaged
NECA Releases Images of Gears of War Series 1 in Packaging
04/09/2008

The release of Gears of War Series 1 is only a few weeks away, and anticipation is at a fever pitch. While you'll have to wait a little longer to get your own Marcus Fenix, today we're revealing the final production samples in completed packaging for all four incredible figures. Take a look at our extensive image gallery, featuring Marcus, Cole, the Locust Drone, and the Locust Sniper, and their game-accurate accessories. Make sure to check back at NECAonline for the latest Gears of War updates, including an in-depth Series 1 feature, coming soon!

Re: NECA Gears of War Series 1

I'll end up picking up Marcus, Dom, Cole and Baird eventually.

I actually canceled my figures :(

While I love GoW and the character designs. Neca sucks, I have owned a couple of their figures and held others in person and they are horribly painted but a bigger issue is that they are cheap. They all seem to have something break off of them.

I'll wait until these are out and see what people say. I wish McFarlane got the license.

I forgot to preorder and they are now out of the Locust sniper! Damn!

While I love GoW and the character designs. Neca sucks, I have owned a couple of their figures and held others in person and they are horribly painted but a bigger issue is that they are cheap. They all seem to have something break off of them.

I'll wait until these are out and see what people say. I wish McFarlane got the license.

I've had the same problem...CRAPPY paint apps...limbs breaking off. Just the other day my brother bumped into the NECA Capt. Jack figure I had and the leg completely broke off. My Kratos from God of War had his arm fall off as soon as I got it out of it's packaging. I will NEVER EVER buy from Neca again....:monkey4

SOURCE - Figures.com

INTERVIEW: NECA's Randy Falk on Gears of War

Giveaway, figures, busts, GoW2, and will fans receive a 1:1 scale Lancer?

Be sure to ENTER our NECA Gears of War - COG Command Giveaway. You may walk away the lucky winner of GoW Series 1 and an extremely limited edition Marcus Fenix Test Shot!

Randy Falk, action figure enthusiast and Head of Product Development for NECA, took time from his hectic schedule to answer some burning Gears of War questions we had. With Series 1 ripping into stores SOON, a second series for summer and an anticipated video game sequel come winter, 2008 is going to be one amazing year for GoW fans. Lock 'n load COG soldier, read on...

Tell us a little about what other Gears of War action figures and collectibles fans can expect to see on retail shelves soon? Will fans see a 12" or even - Locusts beware! - 18" Marcus Fenix this fall? What about the Locust 1:1 scale bust?

Randy Falk: Aside from the carded release of Series 1 (Marcus, Cole, Locust Drone and Locust Sniper) we're releasing a boxed set of all 4 figures in one package along with a variant helmeted Locust head with removable mask pieces.

Series 2 (Dom, Baird, Theron, and Theron in helmet) are ready to go for late Summer/early Fall. We have several cool variants and exclusives in the pipeline like Kim, Raam, and everyone's favorite Exploded Head Locust. Details on their release are TBA but I can confirm Carmine will be our SDCC exclusive for this summer.

We're also developing a lot of gift/accessory items like wall scrolls, Lancer keychains, messenger bags, COG tag necklaces and a lot more.

A 12" Marcus is in the works and will probably be released in 2 ways: Push Button Sound and also Light-Up LED's on the armor so you can choose between talking or lights for your 12" Marcus.

We're still working on the limited edition Locust Bust - designed and sculpted by Chris Perna. We want to create a new base that utilizes the Locust symbol to make this special edition item even more unique.

When can fans expect to see prop replicas - and specifically a 1:1 scale Lancer - hit shelves?

Randy: We're working on some Lancer related items right now for release closer to Gears of War 2. More details later this Summer. :)

Can fans expect to see any deluxe figures - such as the Brumak - in future waves?

Randy: There are not any specific deluxe figures planned just yet but we are doing some diorama type scenes including Marcus chainsawing into a Locust torso.

Besides the series 1 NECA action figures hitting retail, the biggest Gears of War news of late seems to be the scheduled release of Gears of War 2 this November exclusively to the Xbox 360. Can fans expect NECA action figures and collectibles based on Gears of War 2?

Randy: We are definitely working on figures and collectibles from Gears of War 2. I can't divulge any details but we're very excited to expand our line and to see/learn more about the Gears universe. There characters and designs are so rich - all of them make for great figures!

Be sure and tune in next week as we slice deeper into our Gears of War coverage; including an advance figure review of Series 1 and an exclusive interview with Epic's Chris Perna (lead artist of GoW). Also don't forget to ENTER our NECA Gears of War - COG Command Giveaway! GoW mania is on!

- Interview by Jess C. Horsley/ Jeff Saylor

- Figure Photography by Jeff Saylor

Karma I will try to do that for ya. I'm gonna get one myself.

No problem :D We can work out the details as we get closer.

:lol:lol:lol
if necca did em there limbs would break and paint job be bad...........and if McFarlane had em theyd be 4" tall and no articulation

no win no win :(

I'm kinda neutral on the whole topic. I've had good Neca's and good McFarlane's and I've had bad Neca's and bad Mcfarlane's. Both Neca and Mcfarlane have a thing for easily breakable pieces and even with stands they don't stand. They both have very, very weak points.

I was going to get these just because but I think I'm going to wait for the 18". On second thought maybe I'll still get them. I'm such a Gears whore. :eek: :lol

I would consider getting all the good guys in 18" scale but I may just stick with standard scale ones.

Sweeeet. Glad i'll be at SDCC for Carmine. I think that's pretty cool that they are releasing him as an exclusive. Nice move on NECA's part.

:lol:lol:lol
if necca did em there limbs would break and paint job be bad...........and if McFarlane had em theyd be 4" tall and no articulation

no win no win :(

Keep in mind with the recent Halo figures by McFarlane, they have done a ^^^^ load of articulation on those figures! And they did a damn good job of it. Probably a sign of things to come for future McFarlane releases. That is why I wish Mcfarlane got the license. Better quality control, better details and most recently they really got articulation down well!

Back