dew back statue from gentle giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buzzardio1080

just got my dewback/sandtrooper statue
holy cow
its one of the best statues ive seen yet
get one if u asap peeps
before it does a balrog

Yeah, I can't believe that the Dewback isn't $500+ when people are paying nearly $400 for the Padme maquette. I think the Dewback will be worth over $1,000 eventually.

The prices are good right now. Get one NOW if you want it.:poke

re

Yeah, I can't believe that the Dewback isn't $500+ when people are paying nearly $400 for the Padme maquette.

Reasons why Padmé is sailing on the crest of a wave right now:

1. It's a cute maquette. :p
2. It's more limited
3. Shipping cost from anywhere is less than the dewback
4. It was an exclusive to the StarWarsShop
5. It's gotta go with Anakin that many have recently ordered. :lol

Nuff said. :rock :D

Re: re

If there is anyone thinking of getting this pieces get in NOW! it was in the $425 range for a bit, but when it got to that price all the people who wanted to make a fast buck on it kind of swamped ebay with them. Now I think it is selling in the $350-390 range. Personally I think it is the best looking SW collectible I have purchased so far or it could be that when I was a kid I had the dewback toy that had the flap on the back allowing you to stick the SW figures legs in so they looked as if they where riding it. One of my favs.:p

Now I think it is selling in the $350-390 range. Personally I think it is the best looking SW collectible I have purchased so far

Ditto. Although I was lucky enough to get mine from Bob for $200 about 4 months ago.:banana

Oh and as far as Padme is concerned, I was simply saying that it's hard for me to justify paying nearly $400 for something so small.

The Dewback at $400 actually has some value, since it retailed for $240. Padme only cost $80 originally. Just my personal preference for the Dewback over Mrs. Naberrie. I think another factor with Padme is that most people want a complete set of the Clone Wars maquettes. The collection has a hole without her.

re

I thought it would have climbed higher in value by now. Yes, it is nice. Had it been a Boba or Maul statue, then I think we would be seeing an increase in its value. Whilst I agree it is a cool statue, what with the stormie and all, there are many who are still reluctant to share that sentiment, hence the reason its ebay value has yet to soar. Perhaps some are of the opinion that this is alot for a statue that depicts a scene only seconds in length. :dunno

I'm suprised its not more because its very cool looking. Its one of those pieces that should be high just because of the looks.

its simply the best statue i have in my collection,
hell he even removed my cave troll from his pride of place
i never thought that would happen
:bow to the dew back
and heres hopin for a cracking speeederbike piece next

i really like the dewback,and am glad i got mine from bob for less then 200 when they first released.i also am glad i found another today at a shop for retail plus tax.i think its off to ebay though.i also was very suprised to pick up the anakin bust there for retail ,But it was an artist proof ,and its number one ,tell me thats not cool,unfortunately it may be off to ebay too,just too tempting to see how much it will go for.:banana

Congrats, those are nice finds!!

You should be able to make good money on them.

re

I was simply saying that it's hard for me to justify paying nearly $400 for something so small.

Whatever you do, don't say that to your fianceé when she drags you along to choose her engagement ring. :lol :p :mwaha

Back