Comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is anyone into comics?
I just picked up the Stephen King gunslinger series vol 1 & 2. Also I have been reading SW:Knights of the old republic. Has anyone heard of Death Dealer? I got that one to but it was the last issue in the series so I have to get the other 5.

I flipped through the gunslinger books briefly and they look really good. The first 2 issues are out as of yesterday. I can't wait to start reading them.

gunslinger was good. really good.

i would also take a look at Dark Horse's Umbrella Academy. very cool and unique.

plus, John, i know you actually like to read "real" literature you should check out Marvel's run of literary adaptations (Last of the Mohicans, Man in the Iron Mask, etc).

20,000 comics and climbing. Collected when I was younger in the mid 80's to early 90's, and got back into them hardcore for the past six years since I moved to Vegas. Have not missed a San Diego Comic-con in the past five years and do not plan on missing any either. The comics are what actually lured me into this hobby as well, collecting Sideshow items, and such.

Current titles I am enjoying and can recommend wholeheartedly:
Daredevil
Kick Ass
New Avengers
Thor
Echo by Terrry Moore
Fell by Warren Ellis & Ben Templesmith
RASL by Jeff Smith
Grendel: Behold the Devil by Matt Wagner
All Star Superman by Grant Morrison & Frank Quitley
DMZ by Brian Wood
Young Liars by David Lapham
DC: New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke
Scalped by (I forgot)
MPD Psycho - not for the faint of heart
and I'm finally starting to pick up
Appleseed!

So happy reading,
And I can sell you me set of Death Dealers for cost if you are interested, pm me.

Andrew

I used to be really into all of the X-Men series and spin offs up until about the mid 90's. I got tired of having to follow so many books due to the crossover story lines ( which of course was their attempt to get you to buy several titles ) so I stopped.

Some of the best stories I've ever read have been told in comics or graphic novels.

Recently, I've been behind on reading, but I've been catching up.

The ones in my pile that I can't wait to read (If I ever get any free time between work, gym, school, husband) are:

Last of the Mohicans
The Mice Templar (too cute to pass up, but haven't read it yet)
Buffy Ssn8 (actually finished this one recently....surprise ending!?!)

Very selective as I'm so late to the game it's hard to know where to start. I absolutely love the Astonishing X-Men though. Getting more into the graphic novels as well.

gunslinger was good. really good.

i would also take a look at Dark Horse's Umbrella Academy. very cool and unique.

plus, John, i know you actually like to read "real" literature you should check out Marvel's run of literary adaptations (Last of the Mohicans, Man in the Iron Mask, etc).

I was meaning to ask you the name of that comic "umbrella academy"
I did pick up a copy of hellboy too. I read last of the mohicans. I only saw man in the iron mask, haven't read it yet.
Count of Monte Cristo is by far my favorite book so far.
Did you read the Gunslinger comics? or the book.... the comic is only on issue 2 of 6 i believe.

I was meaning to ask you the name of that comic "umbrella academy"
I did pick up a copy of hellboy too. I read last of the mohicans. I only saw man in the iron mask, haven't read it yet.
Count of Monte Cristo is by far my favorite book so far.
Did you read the Gunslinger comics? or the book.... the comic is only on issue 2 of 6 i believe.

yeah, i read the books and the first run of the comic. they are now on the second arc.

the comic stories flesh out some of Roland's early adventures and having read the books will help, it's not a requsite. i will bring them in for you tomorrow.

yeah, i read the books and the first run of the comic. they are now on the second arc.

the comic stories flesh out some of Roland's early adventures and having read the books will help, it's not a requsite. i will bring them in for you tomorrow.

The arc's in comics can really confuse you at first. I like to read a story from the begininng and comics can have many beginnings. I haven't read the books but I want/plan to. That would be great if you could bring the first arc in.

Some of the best stories I've ever read have been told in comics or graphic novels.

Recently, I've been behind on reading, but I've been catching up.

The ones in my pile that I can't wait to read (If I ever get any free time between work, gym, school, husband) are:

Last of the Mohicans
The Mice Templar (too cute to pass up, but haven't read it yet)
Buffy Ssn8 (actually finished this one recently....surprise ending!?!)

I live graphic novels. I have been looking for the 30 days of nights graphic novel but it is usually sold out or I am broke when I finally locate it. I also want 300. I also want the Supernatural comic. It is supposed to chronicle some of the Dads early hunts for the yellow eyed demon.

I live graphic novels. I have been looking for the 30 days of nights graphic novel but it is usually sold out or I am broke when I finally locate it. I also want 300. I also want the Supernatural comic. It is supposed to chronicle some of the Dads early hunts for the yellow eyed demon.

I know it's not ideal....and you have to return them after, but the Dauphin County Library has an impressive selection of graphic novels...including 30 days of night and 300.

At least you'd be able to ogle them for a while until you found a copy of your own.

Or, Cosmic Comics over in the Dauphin Plaza (by CDWarehouse) can probably order you copies. He's really good about that.

I know it's not ideal....and you have to return them after, but the Dauphin County Library has an impressive selection of graphic novels...including 30 days of night and 300.

At least you'd be able to ogle them for a while until you found a copy of your own.

Or, Cosmic Comics over in the Dauphin Plaza (by CDWarehouse) can probably order you copies. He's really good about that.

I was in Cosmic Comics last night and they got me with the "you have to spend 20 to use a credit card". That is why I picked up 7 issues last night. they are evil.... but i will go in and see if they can order them for me.

I read the Death Dealer series recently. Great artwork there, story is just okay, but graphically its stunning. I met Jay Fotos who does the coloring for them recently at a convention and that got me hooked. I believe the new Frazetta art turned comic is due out this month, "Dark Kingdom".

Otherwise, there's so many titles, and so many versions of the same character, that it can be intimidating to figure out what to get. Plus, at $4 a pop, who can afford these AND buy SS stuff? I've just been picking up the graphic novels when the entire story is compacted in a single book, or several volumes of books.

I was in Cosmic Comics last night and they got me with the "you have to spend 20 to use a credit card". That is why I picked up 7 issues last night. they are evil.... but i will go in and see if they can order them for me.

Dude! There is a mac machine at Cigar and More right next to CDWarehouse. It gives out 10's too!

Not that "having" to buy 7 comics is a bad thing. Or.....Maybe....you can just use the "minimum credit card" thing to justify the cost to April?!? Next time, tell her that you "had" to spend 30.00 minimum in order to use credit....:newangel

Started Jan 05 reading comics - and I read too much ;) I don't favor any publisher, I go for the story, sometimes the art. Last time I counted, I had ~285 TPs in English + 11 or so in German. My ongoing series reads are:

Conan (all)
Red Sonja (all)
Marvel Ultimate Universe (all)
Star Wars (all)
Buffy/Angel/Spike (all)
Y - The Last Man
Fables
DMZ
30 Days of Night
Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale "team ups"
Empowered
Sin City