Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, forgive me for starting another TDK thread, but there are some images and information coming out lately that are just too cool not to discuss and share, so out of respect for those trying to stay in the dark about the movie, we'll use this thread for those of us so on the edge for it we don't care what we see, read or hear.

Thanks to Batty for finding the link to these images.

2382141959_2c2729e0eb_o.jpg

2382141961_01a069ef36_o.jpg

2382141963_8ae6f50610_o.jpg

2382141967_5869fc0e99_o.jpg

I am very excited by the potential plot points these images suggest, and they further the idea that this most definitely will not be a Jack Nicholson style Joker, dude should be pretty F'ed up in this movie.

Looking at the Joker's scars where his "smile" is it seems that he was given a "Chelsea smile" - a technique used to maim victims by placing a knife in-between the lips and pushing in. See The Krays (1989).

I'm glad you started this thread. I think movie info was getting lost in all the viral stuff.

The last image kind of bothers me. The blood leaking from the knife over the card....I really hope they just send Joker to Arkham and don't kill him off, even though the role will probably never be touched in Nolan's pilot due to Ledger's death I really don't want this heading down the Burton highway with the death of every villain. While it doesn't look like it is actually Joker, it just brought that thought to mind.

The last image kind of bothers me. The blood leaking from the knife over the card....I really hope they just send Joker to Arkham and don't kill him off, even though the role will probably never be touched in Nolan's pilot due to Ledger's death I really don't want this heading down the Burton highway with the death of every villain. While it doesn't look like it is actually Joker, it just brought that thought to mind.

I'm pretty sure that's not the Joker in the batman suit, the scar is too clean, I'm guessing more that it's someone he killed and he dressed like that. Also, the makeup is wrong--no dark makeup around the eyes.

My perception of that image is that it's a calling card from the Joker warning Batman he's out to get him and will win, and havin the face done like his own is just to be blatant as to who's putting the message out there.

I understand and agree with not wanting villains to be killed off, but at the same time, in this medium I think it's necessity. If it were a weekly cartoon or something with many episodes where you could have recurring villains but not be clustering a bunch into one episode, that'd be great. However, with 1 film every 3 years, that's just not enough time to develop characters. Spider-Man 3 showed the failure of trying to develop numerous characters in 1 film, where SM 1 and 2 were more focused and successful. I'd rather the Batman films continue to have strong stories and keep a focus so characters can really develop.

I'm sure part of the reason for killing off characters, and I'm totally behind it, is that you can't always get actors/actresses to commit to multiple movies and some directors/film companies don't like the idea of continuing a story with different actors. Already, it could be for the best, but I'm a little bummed to see Kaite Holmes not back as Rachael, not because of her performance, I'm just the type of movie viewer who associates characters with the person who plays them, like Hannibal Lecter will always be Anthony Hopkins for me and using that scenario, I'm not a fan of not having Jodie Foster back in Hannibal to play Starling. I'm sure Maggie Gyllenhal will be better at acting than Katie, but it'll be an odd transition to remember Katie from Begins and see Maggie in TDK.

For that reason, I'm very glad that Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are back in their roles, plus they're talented actors who created memorable characters in Begins.

It's definatly a calling card because the writing on the upper left corner says "Will the real Batman please stand up".

I understand the rationale but it doesn't exactly work. I understand not having the actors available but how many films work in continuity with the ones before with new footage? Usually its stock footage or just reference and most films just move on without thinking about the actors before. Losing common 2nd tier characters like Katie Holmes for Rachael is more damaging then losing a high tier villain because the sequel will almost never need them.

With Batman you have a great tool in Arkham and wouldn't it be neat to see in the third one someone who from behind looks like Heath's Joker not facing the glass and rocking back and forth laughing to himself in a straight jacket? You wouldn't need the actor at all to continue forward and still have some neat throwaways.

It's definatly a calling card because the writing on the upper left corner says "Will the real Batman please stand up".

Really? When I look at it it says "The photo is currently unavailable" :lol

It's NOT Joker. It's a henchman, whom the Joker hangs from a high-rise building, as a cold-hearted message to Dent and Batman.

I HIGHLY suggest you don't read the following, if you don't want to be spoiled. I cannot claim accuracy -

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

· Wayne Manor is being rebuilt; Bruce Wayne and Alfred are staying in a penthouse suite. Underneath the suite there is a garage where Batman keeps the tumbler, his suit and equipment and a computer terminal.
· Joker is the main villain. One of his first scenes in the movie is a bank robbery where he and his goons wear clown masks. The Bank Manager (played by William Fichtner) tries to stop the thugs, but is stopped by the Joker, who also kills his goons during the robbery as well. He escapes on a carjacked school bus.
· Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) is the new District Attorney. He is possibly dating Rachel Dawes.
· Bruce Wayne is up to his playboy millionaire antics. At one point he throws a party on his private yacht for the cast of an Opera, closing the show for the night.
· Sal Maroni (Eric Roberts) is the new head of the Falcone family. There are gang wars ensuing the streets of Gotham City including Maroni’s gang, and a gang lead by a man named Gambol (Michael Jai White).
· There are Vigilantes, disguising themselves as Batman, patrolling the streets of Gotham. They attempt to break up a confrontation between a Chechen gang and Scarecrow early on in the movie. The Chechens release attack dogs on the Vigilantes, who must be rescued by the Batman.
· Dent wants to end the gang wars in Gotham and put an end to organized crime. To mount a case against Maroni he needs to bring an extradited accountant from Hong Kong named Lau (Chin Han), who has connections with Maroni to Gotham. Batman travels to Hong Kong (as Bruce Wayne) with Lucius Fox in order to bring Lau to Gotham.
· The Joker is somehow approached by the mobs entreating him to cause chaos in Gotham, distracting the cops and Dent from their warfare.
· The Joker does indeed cause chaos in Gotham City. He (in no particular order) kills cops, blows up a hospital (while disguised as a female nurse), and commits other actions causing a general state of fear in the city.
The Joker dies his hair green and wears white make up over his face, never taking it off, causing it to "rot" permenantly onto his face over time.
· At some point, Harvey Dent announces that he is Batman at a press conference.
· Bruce Wayne throws a party for Harvey Dent at his penthouse suite. The Joker and his goons crash it, trying to kill Dent. Batman intervenes, but the Joker ends up kidnapping Rachel, dancing with her at knife point.
· Reese (Joshua Harto), a disgruntled Wayne Enterprises employee, breaks into the applied sciences sector of Wayne Enterprises and somehow discovers Batman’s true identity. He gives this information to a reporter/radio/talk show host named Mike Engel (Anthony Michael Hall), who announces he will reveal the identity on his evening program. Not to be out of the limelight, Joker makes a bomb threat to the TV station, causing the program to be cancelled. Lucius Fox somehow blackmails Reese into not revealing the identity to anyone else.
· Tired of all the vigilantes running around Gotham, and wanting to find the real Batman, Joker kidnaps their leader, a man named Brian Douglas, and hangs him from a flag pole outside the mayor’s office with a Joker card pinned into his chest with a knife. On the card it reads, “Will the real Batman please stand up.” Harvey Dent is making a proclamation of a crime-free 18 months in Gotham to Mayor Anthony Garcia (Nester Carbonell) when the wind blows the dead body into his window.
· Batman/Bruce Wayne is struggling with falling into his persona, and juggling both the life of Batman and Bruce Wayne. He is also seen doing more detective work this time around. He also gets a new suit sometime in the movie.
· Lt. Gordon (Gary Oldman) fakes his own death. His wife, Barbara (Melinda McGraw) is notified about his “death” by Detective Stephens (Keith Szarabajka).
· Joker kills Commissioner Loeb (Colin MacFarlane) and a female judge. At their funeral, the Joker (disguised as a cop) makes an assassination attempt on the mayor.
· At some point, (possibly after the assassination attempt) the Joker and some of his goons are arrested. Batman interrogates the Joker, and ends up beating the snot out of him. The Joker escapes by the use of a bomb planted in the stomach of one of his goons.
· Detective Stephens and Detective Ramirez (Monique Curnen) are cops loyal to Harvey Dent.
· Officer Berg (Matt Shallenberger) tries to kill the Joker, after his wife is killed in the hospital explosion, but is stopped by Gordon.
· There is a chase scene involving the Bat mobile and the Joker in a semi-truck. Joker ends up destroying the Bat mobile/Tumbler, causing Batman to use his Bat-Cycle.
· Eventually Maroni and other gang leaders are rounded up and arrested by Batman, and SWAT squads led by Gordon. Maroni is in a night club with two mistresses (Sarah Jayne Dunn and Kerri Parker) when Batman breaks in and takes him.
· Maroni goes on trial, being prosecuted by Harvey Dent. During the trial, he throws acid (that was smuggled to him by a corrupt cop) in Dent’s face, permanently scarring him.
· The Joker causes so much chaos in Gotham, and makes a threat forcing all of Gotham to evacuate onto huge barges. The criminals and lower class citizens are on one barge, while the Gotham elite are on the other. Joker announces that there are bombs on both barges. The leaders of Gotham must choose to blow up one of the barges, or he will destroy both. This culminates to a showdown between Joker and Batman.
· Dent, now scarred, confronts Maroni. He flips his coin to determine whether to kill Maroni or not. The flip determines that Maroni will live for the time being, but his driver is not so lucky.
· Dent/Two-Face also makes an appearance at a bar, where he kills the cop who supplied Maroni with the acid.

So, basically, Joker makes a public decree that unless Batman reveals himself to the world, he'll start killing the people on his list (Gordon, Dawes, A-List of Gotham City). After this plan is foiled he begins a campaign to destroy Gotham City...by blowing it up. The Gotham island is evacuated onto two barges...but uh-oh...surprise surprise each barge has a bomb on it and unless one is destroyed the Joker will detonate both...

Those are your general plot points.

Last edited:
It's NOT Joker. It's a henchman, whom the Joker hangs from a high-rise building, as a cold-hearted message to Dent and Batman.

I HIGHLY suggest you don't read the following, if you don't want to be spoiled. I cannot claim accuracy -

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

· Wayne Manor is being rebuilt; Bruce Wayne and Alfred are staying in a penthouse suite. Underneath the suite there is a garage where Batman keeps the tumbler, his suit and equipment and a computer terminal.
· Joker is the main villain. One of his first scenes in the movie is a bank robbery where he and his goons wear clown masks. The Bank Manager (played by William Fichtner) tries to stop the thugs, but is stopped by the Joker, who also kills his goons during the robbery as well. He escapes on a carjacked school bus.
· Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) is the new District Attorney. He is possibly dating Rachel Dawes.
· Bruce Wayne is up to his playboy millionaire antics. At one point he throws a party on his private yacht for the cast of an Opera, closing the show for the night.
· Sal Maroni (Eric Roberts) is the new head of the Falcone family. There are gang wars ensuing the streets of Gotham City including Maroni’s gang, and a gang lead by a man named Gambol (Michael Jai White).
· There are Vigilantes, disguising themselves as Batman, patrolling the streets of Gotham. They attempt to break up a confrontation between a Chechen gang and Scarecrow early on in the movie. The Chechens release attack dogs on the Vigilantes, who must be rescued by the Batman.
· Dent wants to end the gang wars in Gotham and put an end to organized crime. To mount a case against Maroni he needs to bring an extradited accountant from Hong Kong named Lau (Chin Han), who has connections with Maroni to Gotham. Batman travels to Hong Kong (as Bruce Wayne) with Lucius Fox in order to bring Lau to Gotham.
· The Joker is somehow approached by the mobs entreating him to cause chaos in Gotham, distracting the cops and Dent from their warfare.
· The Joker does indeed cause chaos in Gotham City. He (in no particular order) kills cops, blows up a hospital (while disguised as a female nurse), and commits other actions causing a general state of fear in the city.
The Joker dies his hair green and wears white make up over his face, never taking it off, causing it to "rot" permenantly onto his face over time.
· At some point, Harvey Dent announces that he is Batman at a press conference.
· Bruce Wayne throws a party for Harvey Dent at his penthouse suite. The Joker and his goons crash it, trying to kill Dent. Batman intervenes, but the Joker ends up kidnapping Rachel, dancing with her at knife point.
· Reese (Joshua Harto), a disgruntled Wayne Enterprises employee, breaks into the applied sciences sector of Wayne Enterprises and somehow discovers Batman’s true identity. He gives this information to a reporter/radio/talk show host named Mike Engel (Anthony Michael Hall), who announces he will reveal the identity on his evening program. Not to be out of the limelight, Joker makes a bomb threat to the TV station, causing the program to be cancelled. Lucius Fox somehow blackmails Reese into not revealing the identity to anyone else.
· Tired of all the vigilantes running around Gotham, and wanting to find the real Batman, Joker kidnaps their leader, a man named Brian Douglas, and hangs him from a flag pole outside the mayor’s office with a Joker card pinned into his chest with a knife. On the card it reads, “Will the real Batman please stand up.” Harvey Dent is making a proclamation of a crime-free 18 months in Gotham to Mayor Anthony Garcia (Nester Carbonell) when the wind blows the dead body into his window.
· Batman/Bruce Wayne is struggling with falling into his persona, and juggling both the life of Batman and Bruce Wayne. He is also seen doing more detective work this time around. He also gets a new suit sometime in the movie.
· Lt. Gordon (Gary Oldman) fakes his own death. His wife, Barbara (Melinda McGraw) is notified about his “death” by Detective Stephens (Keith Szarabajka).
· Joker kills Commissioner Loeb (Colin MacFarlane) and a female judge. At their funeral, the Joker (disguised as a cop) makes an assassination attempt on the mayor.
· At some point, (possibly after the assassination attempt) the Joker and some of his goons are arrested. Batman interrogates the Joker, and ends up beating the snot out of him. The Joker escapes by the use of a bomb planted in the stomach of one of his goons.
· Detective Stephens and Detective Ramirez (Monique Curnen) are cops loyal to Harvey Dent.
· Officer Berg (Matt Shallenberger) tries to kill the Joker, after his wife is killed in the hospital explosion, but is stopped by Gordon.
· There is a chase scene involving the Bat mobile and the Joker in a semi-truck. Joker ends up destroying the Bat mobile/Tumbler, causing Batman to use his Bat-Cycle.
· Eventually Maroni and other gang leaders are rounded up and arrested by Batman, and SWAT squads led by Gordon. Maroni is in a night club with two mistresses (Sarah Jayne Dunn and Kerri Parker) when Batman breaks in and takes him.
· Maroni goes on trial, being prosecuted by Harvey Dent. During the trial, he throws acid (that was smuggled to him by a corrupt cop) in Dent’s face, permanently scarring him.
· The Joker causes so much chaos in Gotham, and makes a threat forcing all of Gotham to evacuate onto huge barges. The criminals and lower class citizens are on one barge, while the Gotham elite are on the other. Joker announces that there are bombs on both barges. The leaders of Gotham must choose to blow up one of the barges, or he will destroy both. This culminates to a showdown between Joker and Batman.
· Dent, now scarred, confronts Maroni. He flips his coin to determine whether to kill Maroni or not. The flip determines that Maroni will live for the time being, but his driver is not so lucky.
· Dent/Two-Face also makes an appearance at a bar, where he kills the cop who supplied Maroni with the acid.

So, basically, Joker makes a public decree that unless Batman reveals himself to the world, he'll start killing the people on his list (Gordon, Dawes, A-List of Gotham City). After this plan is foiled he begins a campaign to destroy Gotham City...by blowing it up. The Gotham island is evacuated onto two barges...but uh-oh...surprise surprise each barge has a bomb on it and unless one is destroyed the Joker will detonate both...

Those are your general plot points.

This is a spoiler thread so I just cleaned up so the text doesn't have to be read with highlight.

Can we get the Joker Henchman photo reupped? I'm working on a T-Shirt Idea with a guy over on the RPF and have an idea for one using this as a starting point. Thanks!

Back