Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 190 123451151101 ... LastLast
    King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel

Default Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

OK, forgive me for starting another TDK thread, but there are some images and information coming out lately that are just too cool not to discuss and share, so out of respect for those trying to stay in the dark about the movie, we'll use this thread for those of us so on the edge for it we don't care what we see, read or hear.

Thanks to Batty for finding the link to these images.

I am very excited by the potential plot points these images suggest, and they further the idea that this most definitely will not be a Jack Nicholson style Joker, dude should be pretty F'ed up in this movie.

Looking at the Joker's scars where his "smile" is it seems that he was given a "Chelsea smile" - a technique used to maim victims by placing a knife in-between the lips and pushing in. See The Krays (1989).
    Join my Movie Geek Facebook page for regular updates: Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    MY POSED PHOTOS:

Hidden Content

Mine's bigger.
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky View Post
    Looking at the Joker's scars where his "smile" is it seems that he was given a "Chelsea smile" - a technique used to maim victims by placing a knife in-between the lips and pushing in. See The Krays (1989).
    yeah, you soccer fans are NUTS!

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    I'm glad you started this thread. I think movie info was getting lost in all the viral stuff.

Inside Liya Silver
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Follow The Mike On Twitter Follow The Mike on Tumblr
    The last image kind of bothers me. The blood leaking from the knife over the card....I really hope they just send Joker to Arkham and don't kill him off, even though the role will probably never be touched in Nolan's pilot due to Ledger's death I really don't want this heading down the Burton highway with the death of every villain. While it doesn't look like it is actually Joker, it just brought that thought to mind.

Finger-Lickin' Good
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    The last image kind of bothers me. The blood leaking from the knife over the card....I really hope they just send Joker to Arkham and don't kill him off, even though the role will probably never be touched in Nolan's pilot due to Ledger's death I really don't want this heading down the Burton highway with the death of every villain. While it doesn't look like it is actually Joker, it just brought that thought to mind.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the Joker in the batman suit, the scar is too clean, I'm guessing more that it's someone he killed and he dressed like that. Also, the makeup is wrong--no dark makeup around the eyes.

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    My perception of that image is that it's a calling card from the Joker warning Batman he's out to get him and will win, and havin the face done like his own is just to be blatant as to who's putting the message out there.

I understand and agree with not wanting villains to be killed off, but at the same time, in this medium I think it's necessity. If it were a weekly cartoon or something with many episodes where you could have recurring villains but not be clustering a bunch into one episode, that'd be great. However, with 1 film every 3 years, that's just not enough time to develop characters. Spider-Man 3 showed the failure of trying to develop numerous characters in 1 film, where SM 1 and 2 were more focused and successful. I'd rather the Batman films continue to have strong stories and keep a focus so characters can really develop.

I'm sure part of the reason for killing off characters, and I'm totally behind it, is that you can't always get actors/actresses to commit to multiple movies and some directors/film companies don't like the idea of continuing a story with different actors. Already, it could be for the best, but I'm a little bummed to see Kaite Holmes not back as Rachael, not because of her performance, I'm just the type of movie viewer who associates characters with the person who plays them, like Hannibal Lecter will always be Anthony Hopkins for me and using that scenario, I'm not a fan of not having Jodie Foster back in Hannibal to play Starling. I'm sure Maggie Gyllenhal will be better at acting than Katie, but it'll be an odd transition to remember Katie from Begins and see Maggie in TDK.

For that reason, I'm very glad that Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are back in their roles, plus they're talented actors who created memorable characters in Begins.

It's definatly a calling card because the writing on the upper left corner says "Will the real Batman please stand up".

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by great1 View Post
    It's definatly a calling card because the writing on the upper left corner says "Will the real Batman please stand up".
    You can read that

Inside Liya Silver
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Follow The Mike On Twitter Follow The Mike on Tumblr
    I understand the rationale but it doesn't exactly work. I understand not having the actors available but how many films work in continuity with the ones before with new footage? Usually its stock footage or just reference and most films just move on without thinking about the actors before. Losing common 2nd tier characters like Katie Holmes for Rachael is more damaging then losing a high tier villain because the sequel will almost never need them.

With Batman you have a great tool in Arkham and wouldn't it be neat to see in the third one someone who from behind looks like Heath's Joker not facing the glass and rocking back and forth laughing to himself in a straight jacket? You wouldn't need the actor at all to continue forward and still have some neat throwaways.