Founder of the Jedi Church of England Beaten by Darth Vader??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I'm all about the fanbase for SW... but seriously, the Church of the Jedi?!? I guess some people just deserve to have their asses beat :lol

BTW, if there are any members here I have offended, I sincerely apologize for my above statements.

You know I'm all about the fanbase for SW... but seriously, the Church of the Jedi?!? I guess some people just deserve to have their asses beat :lol

BTW, if there are any members here I have offended, I sincerely apologize for my above statements.

Well think about it, sure it's a religion from a movie, but it is REALLY that much different from modern churches. Instead of God/Jesus/ETc, they worship the Living Force, they have certain sacred rituals and such. Not that much different IMO...

....of course I would never in a hundred million years join it though........

There is so much wrong with article......yet still so goddamn funny...

Well think about it, sure it's a religion from a movie, but it is REALLY that much different from modern churches. Instead of God/Jesus/ETc, they worship the Living Force, they have certain sacred rituals and such. Not that much different IMO...

....of course I would never in a hundred million years join it though........

Yeah, but its still a religion based on a SciFi movie... its like people that get married dressed as Klingons, at some point you need to draw the line :lol

And again, apologies to anyone who got married dressed as Klingons :monkey3

Takei: You see, the show was banned after the Star Trek wars.
Zapp: You mean after the vast migration of Star Wars fans?
Nichols: No, that was the Star Wars trek.

I've allways shunned organized religion. i think it's kind of off. Things like this are why. 'Corse, I'm of the opinion that ALL organized religion is a bad thing, becuase in large groups People tend get REALY Stupid, ESPECALY about their Faith.( The Crusades, The Inquisition, Jihad, Scientology as a whole Etc) There are excptions to this, and most all relgions have done good things for people, but the all seem to havde done their fair share of persecution as well. I Don't Fault individual members, as the sins of the father have, in my mind, no bearing on the child, But i digress. So, Personaly, I beleive in a universal Force for good, and one for ill. The universe, Nay, All Creation Is all about the ballance of good and evil. It is up to us as individuals to make a choice about our own lives, and live on one side of the balance or the other. No one is inherently good, or Evil, they are what they choose to be. Be a good person, Live a good life, Harm No one and help where you can.
Spooky thing is, My personal Faith is not all too differnt from the Jedi ideologly when you think about it. To bad it dosen't come with the powers too :lol

Yeah, but its still a religion based on a SciFi movie... its like people that get married dressed as Klingons, at some point you need to draw the line :lol

Some "religions" have been based on stranger things than movies.

Last edited:
That is epic cool and funny.
I could use a local Sith temple though.
I want to use Force Lightning on people that annoy me at work (and home and on the street). . . :emperor

Come on the Jedi Church is weird? What about praying to a clay tablet like the church of scientology?
Ooops I hope Tom and his legions of lawyers don't come after me!
:chew

'The dork, a hairdresser called Barney Jones whose Jedi name is Master Hehol...'

Master Hehol? Master A-Hole more like... :chew

I've allways shunned organized religion. i think it's kind of off. Things like this are why. 'Corse, I'm of the opinion that ALL organized religion is a bad thing, becuase in large groups People tend get REALY Stupid, ESPECALY about their Faith.( The Crusades, The Inquisition, Jihad, Scientology as a whole Etc) There are excptions to this, and most all relgions have done good things for people, but the all seem to havde done their fair share of persecution as well. I Don't Fault individual members, as the sins of the father have, in my mind, no bearing on the child, But i digress. So, Personaly, I beleive in a universal Force for good, and one for ill. The universe, Nay, All Creation Is all about the ballance of good and evil. It is up to us as individuals to make a choice about our own lives, and live on one side of the balance or the other. No one is inherently good, or Evil, they are what they choose to be. Be a good person, Live a good life, Harm No one and help where you can.
Spooky thing is, My personal Faith is not all too differnt from the Jedi ideologly when you think about it. To bad it dosen't come with the powers too :lol

In a less meandering way, I largely agree with you on this topic. Most of the world's organized religions have proven themselves capable of evil as easily as any individual. Fortunately, MOST peoples' hearts are at least in the right place. Even if they are stupid enough to allow themselves to be led into less-than-kind behavior. After everything is said and done...each individual is responsible for deciding whether they find joy in being kind to others like Sideshow collectors do, or from being cruel to others like Medicom collectors do.

I hope everyone is laughing as hard as I am at the Sideshow collector/Medicom collctor reference. It was intended strictly as humor. I do like to believe I am on the kind side of the fence despite my user name and I don't want the April Fool's joke to become a reality.

Back