Has anyone ever gone from figure to statue completely ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
I live in a flat and collect both figures and statues.
My living situation will not change for years. My collection is in a pretty small room.
Now don't get me wrong I love collecting 1/6 figures but when you buy one you need another as they seem to come in groups. For exampe you buy one hot toys marine and you want them all and I don't have the room:lol.
I'm thinking of moving towards just the 1/6 alien and predator line and then statues for all my fave movies. One big shelving unit for all the 1/6 figures and then around the room , the statues.
I'm afraid though once I've done all this im gonna regret it !!.
What to do !! , what to do !!.

There are quite a few members of these boards who made the switch without much repenting. I've been considering it for a while now...

There are quite a few members of these boards who made the switch without much repenting. I've been considering it for a while now...

It's scary though right bro ?.
I mean I'm surprised I'm even considering this as I love my 1/6 stuff so much.
It's just the room and financial side as well.

i recently moved from a tiny apartment to a hugh jazz house with a finished basement. all i can say is that now that i have the space ive been buying a lot of figures lately. i also have orders in for my first PFs. so space makes a difference. personally i prefer 1/6 figures and now that i have extra space it doesnt seem to be a problem buying what i want anymore except for the whole price issue. figures have posability so you can change it up a little that's why i prefer 1/6 over statues. it's up to you though. depends on what is the most important to you. posebility or space issues.

I started out with PF's, etc. and now I find myself enjoying the 1/6 stuff more...more options for display and a whole lot easier to display.

That is actually an excellent point. 1/6 figures give you a greater diversity although 1/4 PFs tend to have more "WOW" factor. Just think about what you need before going any further because you don't want to have to go back and "repair" a mistake of sale.

Personally, I'd pick a "theme" or genre to go after, and don't worry about if its' a 1/6 or a statue/bust. Each have their own benefits. Statues seem less like toys and more like art, while 1/6 are just cool.

Personally, I'd pick a "theme" or genre to go after, and don't worry about if its' a 1/6 or a statue/bust. Each have their own benefits. Statues seem less like toys and more like art, while 1/6 are just cool.

I did try that for like a month but after watching awesome movies like batman begins it just makes me want a figure. Then I became a big hellboy fan and it just spiraled out of control !. :lol:lol

I did try that for like a month but after watching awesome movies like batman begins it just makes me want a figure. Then I became a big hellboy fan and it just spiraled out of control !. :lol:lol

You're preaching to the choir. I'm in LOTR, Marvel, Potter, The Dead, soon to be Indiana Jones, New Line Horror, Dark Crystal/Labyrinth, some Hellboy, and SW Dios.

Eventually, somethign has to go. I keep failing miserably everytime I tell myself to be more selective.

yeah i've thought about just collecting Vader stuff and keeping what I have of my SW stuff and just stay with SW's and then I turn around and I have a Tak Bats and HT Robocop, ED 209 and now i can't wait for the Pred 1 stuff.....*sigh*

I would--if only Statues didn't take so much room/expensive/and had all the characters I want. That's why I get the 12-inch figures.

Plus I can take a figure for my dorm room while it'd be rather annoying to be lugging a PF around.

I fluctuate a lot here. In the last year, I've given up action figures completely (Marvel Legends, SW, etc..), and now 1/6 figures are dropping like flies as well. The thing that sucks though is that when I was getting heavily into 1/6, I started dropping my statues, and now I want some again since I'm leaning more towards statues now. SSC Wolvie Dio is a perfect example - I just recently paid 3X what I originally paid just to get him back into my collection (I know, I'm an idiot).

But yeah, lack of room is making me focus on less items - and Statues seem to fit that bill vs 1/6 figures.

i usually like to mix statues, busts and dioramas in a character theme. i also usually keep all my displayed 12" figures together by theme. i haven't given up one format for another, but i have stopped collecting entire 12" lines, like old west and the dead figures.

Shai made the switch from 1/6 to PF and never looked back.

I find it to be very easy to enjoy both. I even have a couple 1:1 busts. I think there is room for everything in a collection, why corner yourself to one format?

I have made the switch from 1/6th to PF about 3 months ago, and at first it was hard seeing all these new figures being released but the total quality and the 'wow' factor of these PF's have totally won me over.

Yeah this is why most people drop the dolls and go with PF's..., well that and dolls just don't get the ooohhh's and aaaahhh's like PF's do!

The argument I always hear about from doll collectors is that PF's are too pricey, they are but you don't have to buy the other 10 characters that accompnay the line like you do with 12"ers.

Back