Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Abnormal Brain
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sleeping in a jar
    Posts
    2,239
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation

    Default Re: FrankenFan's Photoshop Fundamentals — Avatar Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation View Post
    Silly question but do I open the Iron Man image using Photoshop or Imageready?
    That's a good question, carbo!

    First open the the Iron Man image in Photoshop, then switch to ImageReady in Step 10 to create the animation.

    I've added that distinction to Step 1. Thanks for pointing that out!

  2. #22
    Thanks FrankenFan! Now let the training begin.

  3. #23
    Abnormal Brain
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sleeping in a jar
    Posts
    2,239
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation View Post
    Thanks FrankenFan! Now let the training begin.
    Keep us apprised of your progress!

  4. #24
    Another question, step 5 it says to go to Option Delete in the layers section but I can't find that option. Unless it's the one with the trashcan symbol that says delete layer.

  5. #25
    Abnormal Brain
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sleeping in a jar
    Posts
    2,239
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation View Post
    Another question, step 5 it says to go to Option Delete in the layers section but I can't find that option. Unless it's the one with the trashcan symbol that says delete layer.
    Step 5 reads:
    ...press Option Delete to fill the selection with white.
    In other words, on your keyboard, press the Option key, then the Delete key, to fill the selection with the foreground color.

    Alternately, from the main Photoshop menu, you can select Edit>Fill... to fill the selection.

    And, don't click the Trash can icon, because, as advertised, it will delete your layer!

    I edited the entry; Hope that clears things up!
    Last edited by FrankenFan; 03-30-2008 at 11:01 AM.

  6. #26
    Thank you, FrankenFan. I forgot that you are using a Mac.

  7. #27
    Abnormal Brain
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sleeping in a jar
    Posts
    2,239
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation View Post
    Thank you, FrankenFan. I forgot that you are using a Mac.
    Is the Option-Delete keyboard command invalid in Windows for filling a foreground selection with color?

    I'm hopelessly addicted to keyboard commands, they save me a ton of time. But if the key combinations I'm specifying are not working in Windows, LMK and I'll add the corresponding menu item. I'd like to make the tutorials accessible to as many users as possible, so don't be shy to point out something that is not working for you, or any instructions that are hard to follow.

    As a Mac user, I know what it's like to be marginalized and left out!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFan View Post
    Is the Option-Delete keyboard command invalid in Windows for filling a foreground selection with color?

    I'm hopelessly addicted to keyboard commands, they save me a ton of time. But if the key combinations I'm specifying are not working in Windows, LMK and I'll add the corresponding menu item. I'd like to make the tutorials accessible to as many users as possible, so don't be shy to point out something that is not working for you, or any instructions that are hard to follow.

    As a Mac user, I know what it's like to be marginalized and left out!
    The option-delete (Alt + delete) works for the PC. I just wasn't able to figure it out fast enough.

    Here's is my result:


    Thank you so much for this awesome tutorial. I'll def. try out other possibilities with it. I still have to try out your signature tutorial but I am sure it'll be as great as this one. By the way, I was using Photoshop CS2 and I didn't have to use ImageReady. I simply followed the instructions for CS3 (window--> animation) and everything else worked just as well. Thanks again FrankenFan.

  9. #29
    Abnormal Brain
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sleeping in a jar
    Posts
    2,239
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation View Post
    The option-delete (Alt + delete) works for the PC. I just wasn't able to figure it out fast enough.

    Here's is my result:


    Thank you so much for this awesome tutorial. I'll def. try out other possibilities with it. I still have to try out your signature tutorial but I am sure it'll be as great as this one. By the way, I was using Photoshop CS2 and I didn't have to use ImageReady. I simply followed the instructions for CS3 (window--> animation) and everything else worked just as well. Thanks again FrankenFan.
    Good job, carbo! Glad you had fun with it!

    When I looked at your GIF, I noticed that frames 2, 3, and 5 are identical. It appears you may have missed a step and did not turn on the Lens Pulse layer in frames 3 and 4, which is why your animation appears to stop right before the flare.

    Yours: Mine:

    See the difference?

    Yes, ImageReady is readily accessible if you are using Photoshop CS or CS2. IIRC, there's an "edit in ImageReady" icon on the bottom of the Photoshop tool palette, that when clicked, launches IR.

    And, thank you for helping me out in clarifying some of my instructions. I'll make a note of the Alt Delete Windows key command and add it to the tut!
    Last edited by FrankenFan; 07-01-2009 at 12:56 PM.

  10. #30
    I see the difference but I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I have Lens Pulse turned on in steps 3 and 4, it's just doesn't look any different.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-11-2019, 03:17 AM
  2. Lightsaber Effects Tutorial for Photoshop
    By MaulFan in forum Star Wars-Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •