*IN PROG* 12" Tender Embrace Buffy/Angel Suprise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowswarlok

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey All
I was commissioned AGES ago to make a DOUBLE 12" Statue (My first ever)

The buyer requested Buffy and Angel, from their intimate/tender cuddle. A cuddle that would lead to Angel loosing his soul...

Anyways, i started this a few months back, but my cat knocked it off and broke buffy, so i put her away and started her again the other day.

Angel is in progress, obviously. I used a Hush Buffy, i completely resculpted her upper torso, shoulders and arms to be episode specific. I then added Angels hands onto buffys arms, in the correct pose.

Angel is a sideshow body and a City of Angel head mould. ALso, he has a resin copy of the shoes from the Varner Becoming Angel Statue.

Posing Angel around buffy was a complete nightmare. It involved cutting portions of the torso away and dremeling bits off here and there. But i got it in the end.

Buffys hair in the screencap did not translate well into a figure, it looked too much like a lump of clay with scoring in it. So i took a bit of artistic license and gave her loose curls, like you have after a shower.

Theyre clothes are skintight, from being in the rain.

Im mostly pleased with their hand poses, i think it adds a lot to the piece

Im planning to add a light to this scene too, to add a romantic glow

id love to know what everyone thinks

Wayne

Reference Image

surprise.jpg

Heres some in progress pics of Buffy

DSCF4154.jpg

Shirt added over her chest

DSCF4155.jpg

Arm Added

suprisebuffy-1.jpg

Heres the current "state" of the figure

DSCF4208.jpg
DSCF4210.jpg

DSCF4209.jpg

Holy s+++ Wayne! I think this could be slightly better than your "Death Of Buffy" sculpt.
You knocked it out of the park with her hair.

Thats looking really impressive so far... but its also kinda fun watching them become cocooned in sculpey :rotfl

Oh this is absolutely amazing love! Really beautiful work even at this early stage.

I love how you've positioned them, and how you've sculpted the drapery.

I can't wait to see them both finished. :D

WOW
thanks for the comments everyone.
i posted this elsewhere and i only got a few comments, like 3 lol
This is definately the place to show Sideshow Customs ^^

Anyways, ive been working on Angel some. Ive sculpted part of his shirt and one of his arms. Remember, the fabric is almost skintight from being wet :p

I still need to sculpt his other leg and i need to bulk out his torso, but not much, its an illusion, remember. Some of his torso is actuall BEHIND Buffy. So its weird lol

Heres the pic so far. (dont you just love the City of Angel head. The likeness is instantly recognisable, despite having no paint :p )

Also, i intend to bulk out his upper arms a little, they dont look bulky enough for Angel :p Having said that, this is Season 2 Buffy, he was rather slim back in the day

Wayne

ba1.jpg

ba2.jpg

Oh it's looking better and better!

A question. Is that a cast of a Sideshow 'City of Angels' Angel head that you've used there. If so have you reworked the face any, as it somehow looks younger and thus a bit better.

This is fantastic! Excellent, keep us posted on your progress, I love these pics of each stage as you work on it. Very nice!!! :banana:clap

Oh it's looking better and better!

A question. Is that a cast of a Sideshow 'City of Angels' Angel head that you've used there. If so have you reworked the face any, as it somehow looks younger and thus a bit better.

thanks guys,

no, its just a cast of the original head. its the painjob and original hair that makes it appear a little older :/
Wayne

Awsome. I love how you use two worlds of art. I don't like how some see articulated figs as toys and not art. You have combined the two.

Back