Serenity Spirit Animal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
QMX has 11 handmade artist proof "Senerity Spirit Animal" available through their newsletter! Go get one if you want one!!! And they are only $69.95!!!

malfox3.jpg

Last edited:
No offense to the QMX people, but...

"Hey bud, I can get us some stuffed animals real cheap, think we can turn them?"

"Sure, we'll slap Serenity stickers on them and sell them for 4 times the price - the fans we'll eat them up!"

No offense to the QMX people, but...

"Hey bud, I can get us some stuffed animals real cheap, think we can turn them?"

"Sure, we'll slap Serenity stickers on them and sell them for 4 times the price - the fans we'll eat them up!"

But they're Artist Proofs!!! :lol

It's Mal Reynolds animal spirit guide.

What makes Malcolm Reynolds a great leader? He's clever, instinctive and fiercely protective. He's also wry, mischievous and tenderly sentimental. Let's face it: He's a fox. A wily gray one who's on alert with a hungry, faraway gaze.

We've found those qualities embodied in the QMx Mal Fox (irony not included), the first in a proposed line of Serenity Spirit Animals. This exquisite hand-sewn plush gray fox features the multicolored gray, white and brown (of course) coat that is unique to the breed. His majestic face captures the realism of the fox's expression and his playful nature.

Crafted with custom-made fabrics and an armature that underpins a realistic pose, the QMx Mal Fox is heirloom quality. He's 14.25" high and comes with a free set of Capt. Malcolm Reynolds dog (or should that be fox?) tags from his service in the Unification War. We're offering just a precious few of these artist proofs for $69.95 each. Your response will help us determine if we should make more.

So bag yourself an elusive Mal Fox before he gets away!

Sorry, can't post the link - these are exclusive to QMx insiders.

besides a fox, what exactly is it?

Basically, an animal that "represents" the spirit of one of the Serenity characters. This one is supposed to represent the "foxy" nature of Captain Mal.

These are hand-made Artist Proofs to determine if there is a demand for them. Only 11 made and available for sale through the newsletter only.

This has got to be a joke right?! I mean I love Firefly and Serenity...but a f'n spirit animal?!?! Give me a proper 12 inch figure please...not some damn stuffed animal. :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, first make things that are actually part of the series and then make all of the useless unrelated merchandise to mooch off the Serenity name.

Really, I'm still waiting for the 20" Serenity replica (which will be good, they got a great guy working with them with a computer model of the ship) and then there was some really nice artwork they were thinking about making a while back.

I just bought all 11 of these and I'm going to destroy 10 of them and sell the only one for like a 100$-I'll make a kill'n.

My goodness, plastic and now animals, good lord it would be nice to get some quality collectibles for Firefly/Serenity. It's dejecting to see the offerings we have with this line ........................... :banghead

Oh my...that's just...something I do not need to have. Or want for that matter. I am a HUGE Whedon fan and Buffy is my favorite show ever and I don't even have a mr. gordo. And if you don't know what mr. gordo is, it's buffy's stuffed pig on the show. So, why would I have this? Especially for that price.

I will go to the toy shop, buy a fox, and put a patch on it myself and call it a day. Or you know, not, seeing has how I don't want one. :)

I just don't get it... seriously one of the lamest things I've ever heard of. And whats worse is it has no tie-in to the show. If it was The Golden Compass this would make sense, but not Firefly :monkey4

It's not just a matter of it being lame...this makes me wonder about the company as a whole.
What's next? "Serenity Idea Light Bulbs - This is the light bulb that went off in Mal's head when he realized they wouldn't win in Serenity Valley. Please ignore the letters GE on the bulb, those are just...prototype numbers..."

If this one sells, next up is Wash's "I think something just poked me" light bulb...

Back