Perfect sword?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Fusion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all. The Fusion brothers (mostly Ben) have just started trying to improve upon Sideshow's Aragorn as Strider. Our goal is to make him look just like Aragorn up until the battle on Pelenor Fields.

Ben bought Boromir's vambraces, repainted the head, made the Lothlorien cloak (including Lorien broach), and he's using my Narsil letter opener.

So, I bring a question to anyone who may have this item:https://cgi.ebay.com/Lord-of-the-Rings-Anduril-Letter-Opener_W0QQitemZ280190212219QQihZ018QQcategoryZ29799QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Is this a good scale for a 12" figure. I'm not sure of the length of the real Anduril, but I'm pretty sure it's longer than Aragorn's sword. The Narsil letter opener is 10" long, and it's too long and thick, especially the pummel. So, does anyone think that a 9" sword may still be too long? I think I'll be able to find it at a better price, but is it worth it?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

-Josh

in the auction, it is mentioned that the sword is roughly 9 inches.

i say get that thing. if it doesnt work out you still have a kickass letter opener. according to the UC versions. aragorns sword is 47 1/4 inches from tip to pommel. and anduril is just over 52 inches.

Instead of starting a new thread I decided to post pictures of Ben's custom Aragorn.

BenscustomAragorn21.jpg

BenscustomAragorn29.jpg

BenscustomAragorn33.jpg

BenscustomAragorn17.jpg

We're still waiting on Anduril. The one I used in these pictures was my 10" Narsil. Ben also is going to get a Rotocast Aragorn for the elven dagger. He's also considering whether or not to dull his eyes a bit. I can see that they may be a bit too bright blue.

Tell us what you think.:cool:

Instead of starting a new thread I decided to post pictures of Ben's custom Aragorn.

BenscustomAragorn21.jpg

BenscustomAragorn29.jpg

BenscustomAragorn33.jpg

BenscustomAragorn17.jpg

We're still waiting on Anduril. The one I used in these pictures was my 10" Narsil. Ben also is going to get a Rotocast Aragorn for the elven dagger. He's also considering whether or not to dull his eyes a bit. I can see that they may be a bit too bright blue.

Aragorn's on crack.

BenscustomAragorn21.jpg

BenscustomAragorn29.jpg

BenscustomAragorn33.jpg

BenscustomAragorn17.jpg

Cool figure! But the sword is a bit too big. :D

The sword in the pictures is my older Narsil letter opener. It's 10" long. We got the new one in the mail yesterday. It's just over 8" long.

Ben also painted Aragorn's eyes, and made a scabbard and belt for the new Anduril letter opener. I'll try and post pictures soon.

Back