Time for a Premium Format Trooper Or Clone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

General Kenobi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Sideshow needs to produce a premium format Stormtrooper or CLone. I just picked up the Premium Format Vader on eBay (got a good deal on an unopened Exclusive -thank you) and realized that the 1/4 scale line is best suited to the armor. This has been my main complaint with the 1/6 scale figures. Plastic just doesn't look authentic. Maybe if enough of us post on this thread we can get somebody's attention. Here's the question: Which one should be made first? Please keep it respectful. Everyone will have an opinion. Just make your best case and don't attack anyone else's choice. My Robocop thread was shut down because people couldn't keep it civil. I'd really like to read some of your ideas so fire away!!!

I just realized that I didn't give my choice. I'd like to first see the original Stormtrooper, not because it is my favorite, but because it is classic and would be an integral part of the collection. My second choice would be a clone trooper from Utapau - better yet, Commander Cody. I really like the look of the Episode III clones. A clone from the 501st would make a nice addition to the Anakin PF coming out this year, so I guess that is my third choice.

My vote is for the classic Stormtrooper, with the exclusive accessories to change him into a Sandtrooper. Now that we know Sideshow can do armor in PF with the Biker Scout, it's not "if" Sideshow makes the Stormtrooper, but just a matter of when.

My vote is for the classic Stormtrooper, with the exclusive accessories to change him into a Sandtrooper. Now that we know Sideshow can do armor in PF with the Biker Scout, it's not "if" Sideshow makes the Stormtrooper, but just a matter of when.

I would seriously consider getting two of these if these were the exclusive accessories - the problem would be 'dirty' armor.

My guess is that the exclusive ST will come with a different gun pose and the sandtrooper will be a completely different figure with the exclusive being the binoculars.

A stromtrooper would be cool with exclusive Sandtrooper parts is a great idea.

A stromtrooper would be cool with exclusive Sandtrooper parts is a great idea.

Lord Aykroyd is right. A good Sandtrooper would have well-worn armor. The Stormtrooper armor wouldn't look right with the accessories. It might be better to have two different figures. I would buy them both.

I for one would be ok with a clean just stepped off the transport onto tatooine Sandy. It would be better than paying an extra couple of hundred for a dirty version for me.

people getting nasty over robocop? now thats funny :rotfl

I was in that thread when the ++++ went down.Very funny it was.:D

Yeah, I came back from work and wanted to post only to find that the thread was locked and that several posts had been deleted. I missed all of the fun. I guess I should have stated some rules like "No disintegrations" when I started the thread.:confused:

I would be very happy if SSC produced a PF Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper. However, I would only buy one PF Clonetrooper, but I would get 2 PF Stormtroopers.
Oh, and imagine the fanboy freakout if the Stormtrooper exclusive was an exchangable Han Solo head.
-theropod

That would be an impressive thing to see someone army build with PF's :D

I would be very happy if SSC produced a PF Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper. However, I would only buy one PF Clonetrooper, but I would get 2 PF Stormtroopers.
Oh, and imagine the fanboy freakout if the Stormtrooper exclusive was an exchangable Han Solo head.
-theropod

Or both a solo head and luke head but the ex. was still limited to one :lol

Last edited:
Back