London Gets the 2012 Olympics!!!!

• Thread starter Psycho Cenobite
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When's the government gonna start spending OUR money on fings that matter??

Education
Health
Public transport
Medical research
Better life for pensioners

etc etc

Terrible waste of money, if you ask me. We'll still be paying for it in 20 years :bang :bang :thwak :thwak

:bonk :eye :bonk

It would have been a waste of money if we failed in our bid!!!

As it is, the capital and surrounding areas stand to gain huge revenue from tourism and more.

I was so chuffed at the news!!! It really will be inspirational to have the Olympics on our doorstep!!

:banana

i thought London was under attack just after hearing the news! A fighter plane flew across London very low! :google

Psycho C :x

Re: re

Pip pip! Tally Ho! Tea and Crumpets! Changing of the Guard! Jolly Good! :clap :win

JS :D

Will they be able to see beyond all that London Fog, what about mass murderers running about downtown red light districts... Will there be enuff fish and chips, how about double decker buses.... Enuff tea and crumpets... Will the yooholigans stampede and kill everyone?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :yay :yay :yay :yay

INSERT CHEESY ENGLISH STEREOTYPE HERE>> just kidding my English friends..

Feel sorry for you guys, I dont know why cities want this now. Big ole headache is what they are getting.

You forgotten the the London Cockneys! :hat

‘Ello geezer, fancy a few pints down the battle cruiser?

battle cruiser = boozer = pub

Psycho 'Slight Cockney' Cenobite :balrog

I am so glad that London got it and NY didn't. The whole state of NY has been in an uproar over this whole mess. They tried to get all of us poor taxpayers to pay for a stadium in the middle of the city that no one would get to use except for the locals there. Sorry, but that's the last thing we need in this state. We're already taxed to death and to have to pay for an Olympics is just way Over the top for me

Remind me not to go to London until AFTER 2012. Never was much interested in the Olympics.

It's no big deal to me really,
( you yanks with your stereotypical delusions of us.:lol
On a few your right though.

How can anyone in the country think it's a bad idea??
Tourism will be boosted - that's a positive not a negative, and to think it'll ruin the environment is rubbish - it will pump more money into every area of the country, and all the world will be able to see how much the country has to offer. People will be more into sports, and just the prestige and the honour of having the worlds greatest sporting occasion hosted in our own country and beating many other world powers to it just speaks for itself. All the attention of the world will be focused on Britain! Do you not want Britain to be in the front running for any major event like this? Do you want us to stand in the background and let every other nation take all the credit for everything? We deserve breaks like this!
And come on, with 7 years to go do you really think the country will do nothing in preparation for transport etc etc? ;)

Back