Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
The other thread was locked and the kind of behavior from both Sideshow fans and Medicom fans will not be tolerated. Banning has begun and we are approaching a Rebelscum like ban on the usual suspects if this becomes ugly again.

DO NOT voice your support of this in this thread. This thread is for the discussion of the figure. Tell us what you like about it, don't like about it - how you prefer it over the SSC version - but DO NOT get insulting or post pictures that will get you banned.

If you have a problem with this - PM me.

MSRP $177 each

mediindy2.jpg

mediindy3.jpg

mediindy5.jpg

mediindy6.jpg

mediindy7.jpg

4 me personally on the Indy figure it has TOO many issues. First thing is the figure looks very very little like Ford, the buttons on the shirt are huge, the jacket looks like a bomber jacket, the collar on the jacket looks huge (almost like it has fir), the hat is huge, the coloring on the shirt and jacket seem wrong too. I do like the goodies that come with it but those are not worth buying the figure.

Now, Jones Sr. That figure kicks ass! The likeness is amazing!! It really is that good. The outfit looks to be really nice with the exception of the bow tie, but the hat does appear to be too stiff (something I hope SS goes with a cloth on). The buttons might be a touch too big but harder to tell with them being dark. The paint apps worry me on this figure and Indy because of how great Jango looked and the flat look the production piece came out with. I will be buying Jones Sr.

$177 each :google... Guess I missed that in the other thread, price and overall feel of the figures makes them an easier pass. Still not bad figures, but for my own tastes they don't quite hit the mark.

$177 each :google... Guess I missed that in the other thread, price and overall feel of the figures makes them an easier pass. Still not bad figures, but for my own tastes they don't quite hit the mark.

Which is why I hope SS announced their Jones Sr soon. I mean you figure he's going to be half the price.

Yeah, I just don't like him enough to spend that much. From Sideshow or anybody.

It does make you take a second to think about it. He will be mine but if I can get him from SS for half that to me that makes it a winner to start.

I think the price is new information from toysRevil.net.

Aside from the big zipper I like the Medi jacket more - it has a more lived in look than the SSC one.

I missed the price tag too. $177 is just laughable. The jacket's texture and color are nice though

Medicom what are you thinking!!!! :confused:

Easy pass now. Even if SS wasn't dong an Indy line I'd still pass. The jacket's texture and color are nice though.

I think the price is new information from toysRevil.net.

Aside from the big zipper I like the Medi jacket more - it has a more lived in look than the SSC one.

But the SSC one can be weathered... I still am not an overall fan of the Medi Indy (especially when you calculate that it's roughly twice the price) but the Jones Sr. looks good. If the Medi/SSC size difference wasn't so glaring then I'd pick one up but as the Jones Sr./Connery will not tower over the SSC Indy and after seeing that increased Medi price I'm afraid that this will be a pass as I wait for the inevitable SSC Jones Sr. release.

The Connery looks good though (except for the hat).

I missed the price tag too. $177 is just laughable. The jacket's texture and color are nice though

Medicom what are you thinking!!!! :confused:

Easy pass now. Even if SS wasn't dong an Indy line I'd still pass. The jacket's texture and color are nice though.

As we saw with the Motoko - this is the new standard price level for Medicom. Everyone's prices are affected by the plunging dollar, higher oil, etc.

I have to agree the Jacket weathering does look better, but the color doesn't look right to my eye. And I do wonder how the proto to production will translate on that one. The little details don't always come out with Medicom, or most companies for that matter.

The Zipper is a bit dissapointing on Medicom as well, but I have the Ghost Rider figure and besides the initial WTF, it really hasn't bothered me long term. Does the sideshow one actually have a working zipper, or just the teeth.

Is making smaller zipper possible...? its not like its has to be really zipping....thumbs down for Medicom on the big Zippers...and at 177$ you better invest it in a Premium Format.Just my opinion.

Just look at the zipper on Medicom's X3 Wolverine... scaled really well and it works. I know I have a few others, but thats the first that comes to mind.

review_medixwolverine_4.jpg

I think they both look great. Price is to much for me, and I am more than happy with the SS Indy, but these really do look great.

I also wonder why Medi doesnt use the small zipper from the X3 wolvie. Perhaps they figure that it is better functionality to use a bigger zipper?

Medicom Indy problems: Pants are to short,not enough break at the ankle.
Whip is to thick. Buttons and zipper way to big. Likeness to Ford is debatable.
Hat has no "character." Finally.....$177!!....puhleeeze.

Sideshow versions wins this hands down just by virtue of price,extras and likeness.

Jones Sr looks good but not $177 good. Will wait for Sideshows.

Back