Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Abnormal Brain
    Feedback
    Default Re: FrankenFan's Photoshop Fundamentals — Sig Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    woo! thank you sir! back to photoshop :chew
    I'm happy to know someone is actually going through the tut! LMK if you come across anything else that I may have omitted or does not make sense!

And, be sure to post your finished sig!

Very cool tutorial. I had fun messing around with the various effects! Everything was clear and easy to follow. The only tricky part was to figure out sometimes which keys are used in the non-mac versions of PS CS2 which I have. Put this one together on the fly, i hope to make a nicer one later. Thanks again Frankenfan, I cant wait for more tuts from you. Maybe text effects or overall effects....border designs....etc.

I am going to give this a try once the weekend rolls around. FrankenFan, can you make a tutorial for how to make a .gif image as well? That would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation View Post
    I am going to give this a try once the weekend rolls around. FrankenFan, can you make a tutorial for how to make a .gif image as well? That would be greatly appreciated.
    I like that idea.

Maybe a spin off tutorial on how to animate Iron Man's eyes and chest pulsate with lights.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Hidden Content
    In here though, you face your fear. You open that door, and there's a hundred more doors behind it. And the monsters that are hiding behind them, are all real.

Abnormal Brain
    Feedback
    Very cool tutorial. I had fun messing around with the various effects! Everything was clear and easy to follow. The only tricky part was to figure out sometimes which keys are used in the non-mac versions of PS CS2 which I have. Put this one together on the fly, i hope to make a nicer one later. Thanks again Frankenfan, I cant wait for more tuts from you. Maybe text effects or overall effects....border designs....etc.

Good job, Nash! It's great that you took the initiative to create something original, and I like the "storytelling" elements you've chosen for your middleground images.

I'm not sure what the disc-like image that dominates the background is, and it's so much "hotter" in color than Supes, himself, that my eye tends to be drawn to the background rather than him. If I may make a suggestion — and I am about to whether you like it or not — I'd go for a more neutral element for the main background image, i.e., zoom in on the Daily Planet globe.

Keep at and keep posting your progress!

Specifically, what keyboard commands were giving you trouble?

Abnormal Brain
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by carbo-fation View Post
    I like that idea.

Maybe a spin off tutorial on how to animate Iron Man's eyes and chest pulsate with lights.
    Excellent suggestion, guys! Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFan View Post
    Excellent suggestion, guys! Stay tuned!

WOW!! This is a great tutorial!!! i just found this thread so have not had time to go through it. But I have Photoshop Elements 5.0. Will this tutorial work for it???

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFan View Post
    Good job, Nash! It's great that you took the initiative to create something original, and I like the "storytelling" elements you've chosen for your middleground images.

I'm not sure what the disc-like image that dominates the background is, and it's so much "hotter" in color than Supes, himself, that my eye tends to be drawn to the background rather than him. If I may make a suggestion — and I am about to whether you like it or not — I'd go for a more neutral element for the main background image, i.e., zoom in on the Daily Planet globe.

Keep at and keep posting your progress!

Specifically, what keyboard commands were giving you trouble?
    Thanks frankenfan! the background is the bottom piece of superman's S symbol. I really didnt know what to use so I just took a crop of that. Im not very good at improvising as I don't really know how to use effects all that well. Im better at following instructions hehe.

PS: going back to the animated lights thing... would you be able to give me some advice on how to make the kryptonian text in my sig pulsate? I'd like to keep superman, and possibly the clark and daily planet pics, but maybe find something new for the background too. but i think it would be cool to have the text glow
    Last edited by nash; 03-26-2008 at 09:13 PM.