Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel

Default Re: FrankenFan's Photoshop Fundamentals — Sig Tutorial

Very nicely done, that's great how you even posted shots of the photoshop menus and such. Actually a few things going on in the graphic that I've seen in many PS compositions that I've wanted to replicate but never been good at achieving so this will help as practice, thanks for doing that. If I can think of particular things I do that I can teach in the same way, I'll put it together like you've done.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Thanks alot man , a really big help !!.
    Thanks dude !!

that is so pimp dude thank you for breaking it down! I always wondered how people do complex multilayer stuff like that using images from various sources. good stuff!

Do you plan on doing more of these little tutorials?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Thanks Kurt! Finally, a much needed sig tutorial!

Your work bro...without a shadow of a doubt!

I don't have the photoshop program yet.

I was also wondering how to change the font of my pre existing signature below:

You deserve some serious FrankenFan!
    Hidden Content
    In here though, you face your fear. You open that door, and there's a hundred more doors behind it. And the monsters that are hiding behind them, are all real.

Abnormal Brain
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by MaulFan View Post
    Very nicely done, that's great how you even posted shots of the photoshop menus and such. Actually a few things going on in the graphic that I've seen in many PS compositions that I've wanted to replicate but never been good at achieving so this will help as practice, thanks for doing that. If I can think of particular things I do that I can teach in the same way, I'll put it together like you've done.
    Glad the screen caps were helpful, MaulFan, and you found some of the techniques touched upon in the tutorial applicable to your own work! Looking forward to seeing you reveal some of your favorite Photoshop techniques, soon!

Quote Originally Posted by uscmhicks View Post
    awesome , awesome , awesome.
    Thanks alot man , a really big help !!.
    Thanks dude !!
    You're welcome, uscmhicks! You already have a very recognizable signature style (no pun intended!) of your own, and I look forward to seeing how your work progresses!

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Do you plan on doing more of these little tutorials?
    If enough board members are interested in seeing them continue, I would be encouraged to contribute more. To paraphrase a famous line of movie dialog, "If they come, I will build it."

As I asked above, what other types of tutorials are you interested in seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaysinVegas View Post
    I don't have the photoshop program yet.

I was also wondering how to change the font of my pre existing signature below:

An excellent free alternative to Photoshop is GIMP. It comes in both Mac and PC flavors, and has extensive online help supported by a large community of GIMP users. Well-worth checking out!

Regarding the Joker sig, if you have the original PSD file and the type is on its own layer, simply click and drag with the Type tool to select the text, then choose a new font from the Options bar.

If you don't have the original PSD file, or if the type has been merged with the individual frames of the animation, I would suggest rebuilding the sig from scratch. You could use the Clone tool to "clone-out" or "erase" the text on each individual frame, but that would be rather tedious work and, I think, more time-consuming than simply starting over.

Hope that helps!

Thanks again, guys!

Franken Fan, I think you missed step 6. after step 5 you posted step 4 again, then the next one says step 7.

Abnormal Brain
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Franken Fan, I think you missed step 6. after step 5 you posted step 4 again, then the next one says step 7.
    You are correct, sir! Thanks for catching that!

Fixed now, you may proceed with the tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFan View Post
    You are correct, sir! Thanks for catching that!

Fixed now, you may proceed with the tutorial!

woo! thank you sir! back to photoshop :chew

Super Freak
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    This is exactly what I needed. Thanks Frankenfan.

Universal MODster MODERATOR
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    I hadn't reached that point yet! I only had a few minutes at lunch today to begin...