VANDERSTELT STUDIO TTT sneek-peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchart

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm about my LOTR lithos, and now, the Freaks Board is getting the first Sneek-Peek of part of the TTT painting.
I don't want to spoil too much, but here is a shot of the lower left corner of the art.
For a refresher, I will add the pencil-layout,so you can connect the two to see where this is going. As an artist, I've never had green on the top of my list of favorite colors, but I really like the way it's going in this "Rohan" theme I'm putting together. The watermark is too bad, but necessary at this early stage of things!Don't forget to check out my FOTR lithos available here:
https://stores.ebay.com/Vanderstelt-Studio_The-Lord-of-the-Rings_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm
OK, enough talk, I have to get started on Eowyn!

JV

MP.jpg

TTTpreview2.jpg

JV

www.vandersteltstudio.com

Last edited:
Hi PM,

Thank you :D
I look forward to getting this one completed so I can preview the entire piece!

JV

As always Jerry, you are the Master, that looks so cool.
I love the Rohan theme. Very excited to see the finished piece.
Shell
x :bow

P.s, Is that all in watercolour?, I can tell the general background is but did you complete Merry and Pippin with it too?
Just curious cos I used to paint in watercolours and I know its very difficult to control, for us non experts anyway, so if it is I have even more respect for you(if thats possible) :D

Hi Shell.

Actually, it is not painted in watercolor at all, but acrylic. I use various techniques to achive that weathered look. Woven between all my techniques, I utilize the airbrush as well. Thanks!

JV

Hi Shell.

Actually, it is not painted in watercolor at all, but acrylic. I use various techniques to achive that weathered look. Woven between all my techniques, I utilize the airbrush as well. Thanks!

JV

Fantastic!,if only I could use Acrylics like that.Truly exceptional stuff Jerry.

Thanks for the info and the sneak peek, now get working so we can order it already.:monkey3:lol
xx :D

Jerry, is that a moss or olive green you've chosen to go with?

Hey Woodsy.

Actually, it is a moss green in some places and an olive green in others, depending if I want a "cooler" green or a "warmer" green.

JV

Jerry, it looks incredible. :bow

Thanks for the early previews as well. Very cool.

AK :)

I'm truly amazed at how much you are able to pack into these pictures and not make them look cluttered. Really amazing. :rock Question though....it is tough to tell in sketch form and with the watermark lettering, what is it we're seeing between Gollum and Treebeard and beneath Frodo. I can't quite make it out.

Austin, it looks like the battle of Helms Deep to me. When Gandalf and Eomer arrive at the top of the hill with the Rohirrim riders....

Wow!! That looks great Jerry. I love the layout and all the various characters that are going into the new painting. I can't wait to add TTT Litho with my FOTR Litho....Will you be doing remarques on TTT and ROTK Lithos also? :monkey5

Wow!! That looks great Jerry. I love the layout and all the various characters that are going into the new painting. I can't wait to add TTT Litho with my FOTR Litho....Will you be doing remarques on TTT and ROTK Lithos also? :monkey5

Jerry has already stated he will. :monkey5

Austin, it looks like the battle of Helms Deep to me. When Gandalf and Eomer arrive at the top of the hill with the Rohirrim riders....

Yup, Helm's Deep, I see it now. Thanks bud.

:lol Time for new glasses. :lol

Back