Best Star Wars Trailer ever

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the Spanish subtitles on the first link. "Yo soy tu padre"

I agree with CF, that didn't feel like a trailer at all, it felt like a summation of the Star Wars saga and only as it pertains to the Skywalkers, nothing of the Rebellion and Empire or anything else, and the intermix of PT and OT clips didn't work for. I love those connections, but simply cut that way doesn't work.

In my opinion, to really be a trailer, you have to give a strong summary of the story but also almost build a miniature movie itself and this just felt like a 4 minute clip show.

This also only works if you know Star Wars and understand a lot of the clips out of context.

If I knew nothing of Star Wars and saw this, I might be a little curious, but I wouldn't feel a need to see it.

It was cool but I also agree with CF. A trailer isn't supposed to summarize the entire story. After watching that I thought "wow, why bother watching the movies?" :dunno

I always thought the first trailer for ROTS was very cool, the one with ANH Old Ben speaking at the beginning of it.

I thought the 2nd, longer trailer for ROTS was really nice, it summed up the experience of the film, now that I've seen it and can look back on it, and at the time, I was on the edge of my seat from all the visuals like Sidious throwing around the Senate and the Ani-Obi duel.

I still have very fond memories of the AOTC trailer...it's just so good...so much going on...

I still have very fond memories of the AOTC trailer...it's just so good...so much going on...

If you're referring to the war one, I agree, I couldn't believe how long it ran to. To this day, my favorite commercial/trailer from AOTC is the commercial titled Anakin's Story, the use of Accross the Stars and everything, it's like 30 seconds but so rivetting, I kept watching it over and over back in the day in anticipation of the movie.

The 'Breathing' teaser trailer for AOTC was always my fav, very simple but very effective

THIS ONE even makes the PT more palatable.

That one has some cool moments but if I'm going to watch a 4-5 minute trailer about a 12 hour saga I've already seen I'd like it to have its own narrative instead of just a bunch of battles thrown together.

I like how the first saga trailer summarized the fact that the story centers on the Skywalkers and intergalactic war without giving away the details of who exactly was at war.

And to be honest I'd have to say it was actually the best "saga" trailer. THE best SW trailer of any kind was the original Empire Strikes Back trailer with NO voice overs. The voice overs in those original trailers really don't stand up well today at all.

But this original ESB trailer is outstanding, a fantastic preview of the saga's thickening plot that still holds up well today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C7q5swngMo

I always thought the first trailer for ROTS was very cool, the one with ANH Old Ben speaking at the beginning of it.

Same here. I was hoping that it would be the first in a series of flashback trailers with OT narration... sadly it wasn't. :monkey2

ROTS nostagia trailer was one of the best.

ATOC Ocupation:CLoneTrooper was another great one.

TPM teaser, i was a massive star wars fan back then at age 15/6 and i did'nt even know this was happening as i lived in cyprus then which is was the backward end of Europa. Can't remember what film i was watching in the cinema because of how excited i was. Thast scene at the start where the gungan come through the fog it still the best and double-lightsaber.wow

There was a trailer i have been looking for for years from AHN speaical edition ehich has a super trailer of all 3 films which really made my back tingle. still remember the last scene being jedi luke turning off his lighsaber on the steps in the DS2. "You are unwise to lower your defenses" Thast wa great.

There was a trailer i have been looking for for years from AHN speaical edition ehich has a super trailer of all 3 films which really made my back tingle. still remember the last scene being jedi luke turning off his lighsaber on the steps in the DS2.

That's the trailer that starts out with the X-Wing flying out of the TV screen right? It was included as a special feature in the 2004 DVD box set. And I agree, it was a great one. My sister worked at a movie theater in 1997 and let me walk in to the beginning of Space Jam for free just long enough to watch the trailer. It blew me away.

That's the trailer that starts out with the X-Wing flying out of the TV screen right? It was included as a special feature in the 2004 DVD box set. And I agree, it was a great one. My sister worked at a movie theater in 1997 and let me walk in to the beginning of Space Jam for free just long enough to watch the trailer. It blew me away.

*cough cough* See my above post - quoted below :chew

Its a little cheezy - but in 1997 the "no there is another" line definitely made my eyes water.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=39J2zBB-AyU&feature=related

Back