Your contribution to the degeneration of the English language...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, I think we all have words we use that are either mash-ups of other words or something of your own creation.

My wife and I like...

Drungry (pronounced drun-gree)= The hunger you only get when you're drunk

With the members of the Freaks board, I am sure there are some pretty creative ones.
:D

Re: Your contribution to the rape of the English language...

I hate English!!! (the school subject, not the country) It was my worst subject in school! So yes, I contribute to the rape of the language on a daily basis!!!

Read one of p!tu's posts. That ++++er rapes the english language every other word.

The English language is always changing and evolving - Shakespeare coined over 4000 new words* in his works. Other writers make up words all the time.

*statistic may be made up.

i use the term "wobblecotted" to describe something thats uneven or not sitting or fitting just right.
i dont even remember where i heard that but ive been saying it for years.

I hate English!!! (the school subject, not the country) It was my worst subject in school! So yes, I contribute to the rape of the language on a daily basis!!!

Hi Lonnie...:wave

I teach English Literature.:read

I've got several Degrees hanging on my wall--- all having to do with English.:lecture

You're dead to me.:rip

Science :yuckvs. the Arts.:rock

It's on... Like Donkey Kong.

Hi Lonnie...:wave

I teach English Literature.:read

I've got several Degrees hanging on my wall--- all having to do with English.:lecture

You're dead to me.:rip

Science :yuckvs. the Arts.:rock

It's on... Like Donkey Kong.

My best subjects were Math and Science! Love Physics, Calculus, logic problems, etc. Can't spell worth a darn and was never good at grammar, but I do like Literature! I can read me some books!!! :D Better? :lol

Well Done Everybody...

linksthumb.jpg

******-bag-o(dōōsh-bāg-ō)
–noun
1: A complete jackass.

2:person of no worth or consequence.

Synonyms: ******;*********;jackass;++++stick;dip++++;idiot;fool;moron;dumbass;
+++++++;jerk;assclown;p!tu;bastard;bastardo;++++head;++++head;

English not being my native language, I still -- after over 45 years -- find it just as perplexing as it was when I was actively learning it. In fact, I'm still learning it. All the exceptions to the rules, and its often illogical structure, makes it one of the hardest languages to learn IMO. But I love the dynamic nature of American English....no stagnation.

cattywhompered -- all screwed up; not fitting as in: "I tried to put this dress together from a pattern but all the darts are cattywhompered and I wound up sewing/attaching the sleeve piece to the bottom hem!"

frijijer -- the large, wall cabinet-sized kitchen appliance that keeps foodstuffs cold.

In a time long ago we spoke with the correct pronunciation but slowly things changed and now we dont even speak the english language anymore we speak Australian,mate i'm telling ya. :D

I teach English and still degenerate the English Language on a daily basis. Read my posts in these forums, I make up new words on a daily basis. Reason why especially since I correct kids on a daily basis of their mistakes? The English language doesn't own me, words don't own me....my speech is Indomitable. :D

I teach English and still degenerate the English Language on a daily basis. Read my posts in these forums, I make up new words on a daily basis. Reason why especially since I correct kids on a daily basis of their mistakes? The English language doesn't own me, words don't own me....my speech is Indomitable. :D

Man, I hope you made all those grammatical errors on purpose - otherwise those kids are doomed!
:monkey3

I always preferred English over the sciences, taught college freshman English for a semester as a grad student - it was enough to get off the teaching track completely.

I've always liked "jiggerypokery" I think it's a Buffyism, but I'm not sure. The Whedonverse is rife with new-found verbiage.

Back