Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper33

Super Freak
Reaction score
Offcial Power Rangers Thread

Finally was able to dig up all my Rangers, but was only able to find 2 baddies....no zords. I always remembered these things being bigger, was a little disappointed when I saw their size again. After all these years the Green/White is still the best of the figures.

CIMG1930.jpg

CIMG1933.jpg

CIMG1932.jpg

Was thinking of painting them up some, since some of the 5 members have worn down belts, so they needed silvered. Then it would be nice to try and paint the white rangers gold armor....gold. And also wanna paint the guns/saban their correct colors as well.

Last edited:
I had a ton of these. Sometime I wish I still had them all, it's funny taking strolls down memory lane. White/Green Ranger always ruled, and the first batch of episodes was best. Kimberly was a cutie :monkey5

I never understood the fan-base for these.My kid use to love this stuff but he's now into Transformers.I of course grew up in the 80s,but even if I did grow up around the time these came out,I would have never been into it.And I'm really trying to suck in my hate for these as much as I can while writing this,you don't.... wan't to know my true feelings on power rangers.

I loved these until they went to Cars and not Dinos....I was in early Junior High I believe when this was popular. I have the Green Ranger and Dragonzord in my classroom behind my desk right now. :lol

I always loved how you could tell when they were cutting from the Japanese footage to the American as the quality of the costumes totally changed. I actually have the movie on DVD amongst my other youth DVDs like GI Joe the Movie and The Transformers Movie.

I remember before these came out, but were advertised, I used to use some joe sized figures (cant remember what they were but blue hair and solid green and blue outfits) as my rangers and Voltron as the megazord. I used to love the rangers when I was little, but once the original cast started leaving and the costumes started to change I lost interest.

I just watched the movie last night for the hell of it and thought it wasn't all that great, but as a kid back then it was the best thing.

....the first batch of episodes was best. Kimberly was a cutie

Quote from the movie:

IVAN: Ahh, here comes that cute little pink ranger.
GOLDAR: Oh you think she's cute too huh?

I always loved how you could tell when they were cutting from the Japanese footage to the American as the quality of the costumes totally changed. I actually have the movie on DVD amongst my other youth DVDs like GI Joe the Movie and The Transformers Movie.

Does the DVD have any extras on it? I always wanted to buy it but never did cause...well PR pretty much suck now. But since it's the original's I woudlnt mind all that much, Im mainly looking for commentary and behind the scenes stuff.

I remember before these came out, but were advertised, I used to use some joe sized figures (cant remember what they were but blue hair and solid green and blue outfits) as my rangers and Voltron as the megazord. I used to love the rangers when I was little, but once the original cast started leaving and the costumes started to change I lost interest.

I just watched the movie last night for the hell of it and thought it wasn't all that great, but as a kid back then it was the best thing.

Quote from the movie:

IVAN: Ahh, here comes that cute little pink ranger.
GOLDAR: Oh you think she's cute too huh?

Does the DVD have any extras on it? I always wanted to buy it but never did cause...well PR pretty much suck now. But since it's the original's I woudlnt mind all that much, Im mainly looking for commentary and behind the scenes stuff.

The DVD is pretty basic. I'm not sure about commentary as I never use it on any DVD, and the BTS stuff is just like a 20 minute (at the most) blurb about how they wanted to push the game a bit from the TV show with a new villain and using CGI and new suits, nothing really valuable. Basically, the DVD's value is to watch the movie and that's about it.

Points for the movie, the soundtrack features Red Hot Chili Peppers and Van Halen.

Eh, then I guess Im alright with just the VHS of it then....or until they release one of lots of goodies....but I doubt that will ever happen. After watching the movie last night, I was thinking of trying to make my own ranger, but then decided against it cause then even if i bought an extra one for painting it would be limited due to the helmet being unchanged.

Then started thinking of going the 12" scale but then Im not all to great at sewing so the outfits would look horrid, and then there is the helmet again.:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

guess I could of posted this here as well, but this is something new, but old at the same time

cimg1901vs3.jpg

Hope they make all 5 rangers, I know they atleast have the white ranger coming out in the next wave....cant remember who else came with his (Zed came in GR series).

Are these the head flippers yall are talking about?

CIMG1944.jpg

Also found my weapons just a bit ago

CIMG1939.jpg

Think Im gonna have to spraycrome them, cause the silver parts on the gun are wearing thin.

And here is the repainted gun

CIMG1946.jpg

CIMG1947.jpg

I never understood the fan-base for these.My kid use to love this stuff but he's now into Transformers.I of course grew up in the 80s,but even if I did grow up around the time these came out,I would have never been into it.And I'm really trying to suck in my hate for these as much as I can while writing this,you don't.... wan't to know my true feelings on power rangers.

unlike you i cant restrain myself.. im sorry i just have to say it..

power rangers are the worst characters created.. and that sorry excuse for a movie..takes cheesy to a whole new level.

there ill say no more.. i tried to sound as calm as possible.. didnt swear:monkey1

++++ the power rangers.:lol

Cool...I had that Head Flipping Green Ranger...

Power Rangers was good up until the first movie...after that it kind of sucked...

The original theme tune was great...

"Go Go Power Rangers! Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!"

Back