more london grief

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buzzardio1080

suspected suicide bomber shot dead on busy underground train this morning by undercover feds in london
this is getting silly know
:thwak

re

Not silly, very disturbing.

Now they have bomb disposal officers and armed police at 2 new addresses in London. :\

As for the would-be suicide bomber...the police did the right thing IMO. One thing you don't do in this present climate is wear a large heavy coat in the height of summer and run from officers wielding guns, especially when they identify themselves.

I commend the authorities for acting swiftly and taking the measures they've employed, but I fear this will only continue.

For those of you visiting this fine city of ours, be vigilant, stay safe and above all don't let this spoil your vacation. Have a great time:wave

Re: re

I love London! My best nights out ever...
From what I can vaguely remember :lol

And that's from someone who grew up in Amsterdam...

I will be visiting again soon.

I WENT TO THE AMSTER DAM WHEN I WAS SIXTEEN
FANTASTIC, ONLY WE JUST BEAT HOLLAND FOUR ONE IN EUROPEAN CHAMPS
BUT EVERY ONE WAS STILL VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY,
ONE WORD OF WARNING, WATCH THE ****** BIKES
LOL WHEN U HEAR A BELL U WOUNT KNOW WITCH WAY TO GO,SO FUNNY
AND WE HAD A CINVERSATION WITH A DUTCH FED WHILST WE WERE IN A COFFEE SHOP SMOKING BUD, HE WAS SO FUNNY,
OH AND RANCHOS DO THE BEST AND I DO MEASN THE BEST STAKES IN THE WORLD.
PSS DAMN FINE WOMEN TOO ( ON THE STREET AND IN THE WINDOW)
BUT I AINT NEVER BEEN BACK, TAHTS GIRLFRIEND S FOR YA
LOL
:rock
:google

I used to live in holland, a long time ago and I loved it.I would gladly move back there.

If I remember rightly there are bicycle lanes on the side of the road are there not??, I vaguely remember seeing them and they were a sort of deep red colour.

I think anyway, probably wrong because I was 8 when we were there.
Shell
x
:toast :gimli

I've never been overseas, though I would love to go at some point in my life. And London will be tops on my list of places to visit, terrorists or not.

Bastards.

It might be the "height of summer", but it has been p*ssing down today! :p

I sure hope the police were honest when they said this guy was under surveillance since last night...and that he really did pose a threat to the public. My only concern was why the hell did they wait til today...til he was at a train station before chasing him down and shooting him 5 times in the back of the head? Surely, he'd be more useful to them alive than dead?

But picture this (albeit unlikely scenario) what if he was alerted to the police by a member of the public for simply "appearing" suspicious. A guy who (let's suppose) doesn't speak all that good English...walking along a train station when suddenly...3 guys pop up with semi auto's (they were plain clothed, so he'd have no idea they were cops...and any warnings wouldn't be understood)... What would be your first reaction to that? Survival! So you run!!! Well at least I know I would...or try to.

You might disagree with what i'm saying, but i've just heard a news report about a guy after hearing an announcement by the driver of the train to get off... jumped off and started walking up along the track... when out of nowhere a dozen plain-clothed cops started chasing him.. and eventually put a gun to his head!

Obviously the forces are tense and they're under pressure in having to make a split second judgement but I don't think it's okay to kill a guy on the basis of an assumption. Whatever happened in the lead up to the shooting, I'd like metropolitan police to make public.

Surely, he'd be more useful to them alive than dead?

Unless he was trying to finish a job that didnt get completed the day before.
There is no second chances with this stuff.

I have to agree with you Winged Shadows. I don't like the way politics allows certain deities to do as they please and fill the void with propaganda.

I can understand peoples anger that terrorists pervade their territory. Terrorists, and I include the governments of the world, are just playing, tit for tat. Seen it all before, boring, deceitful, of no value. Once it escalates to this, things just get worse. Liberties are taken away from us, all for the sake of dominance and control. Excuses will abound, reasons false. It is wrong all round, and the casualties are good people who have no part in what has occurred.

To say, go about your lives as normal, and you are a brave corageous nation, that you have become used to the situation, and you are showing the terrorists defiance, thereby not allowing them to 'win', is just another furphy. Look at the upgraded upgraded security, that shows me they have won. How can they say, no matter what they do they can't stop it, and justify the expense to the taxpayer on initiatives they know wont, or dont work.

I was appalled at our Australian Prime Minister, getting up after this last spate of activity, and predetermining what and how us Aussies would behave. He was virtually goading terrorist activity here. We are naive, any major terrorist activity, here, has occurred offshore. Easy to be defiant then isn't it. We will have our day of catastrophe. It is all too easy to bring about. You just have to hate your life to hurt others. About time we looked at ourselves as the source of the problems, and at how we are manipulated.

Politics suck, democracy is just the lesser of evils, but evil nontheless.

About time we looked at ourselves as the source of the problems

Why blame the victims of terrorism? The actual source of the problem is religious mass mental illness. No amount of introspective analysis or sympathy toward the terrorists will work. To them, you either concur with their twisted beliefs, or you are an animal only fit for slaughter. There is only one way to deal with them, hunt them down relentlessly. There are no easy solutions to this scourge, but blaming ourselves for the terrorist's eleventh century mindset is hardly the solution.

Why blame the victims of terrorism? The actual source of the problem is religious mass mental illness. No amount of introspective analysis or sympathy toward the terrorists will work.

Yeah, I completely agree with G59 on this one. I recently read an interview with a young Muslim living in London who didn't want to be identified by name (I can't remember which news service it was, sorry). The boy said that he wanted to move to the Middle East to join a terrorist group. He said the attacks were warranted, because the people in the U.K. were living in sin, and needed to be punished. Living in sin to some extreme Muslims means enjoying the modern conveniences that we take for granted.

These people think they have the right to be judge, jury, and executioner for the population at large. No doubt they would want to exterminate everyone on this board, because we love polystone so much. They HATE materialism in every form, and want to kill the Western Civilizations that promote it. I really don't know what we can do to make them stop.

re

Well, the investigation into the Stockwell shooting has revealed the victim was not linked in any way to the bombings.

Listening to former senior officers talk on the BBC, it would appear the armed officers involved in the killing, if they were in fact police and not special forces, stepped over the line. A former commander of the Flying Squad told News 24, armed officers are not trained to discharge 5 head shots, and this is extremely disturbing. It has yet to be disclosed if the victim was muslim. Community relations will take a battering after this.

"Stockwell man not connected to bombing. Police say it is a tragedy."

:rolleyes

Well I rest my case.

What was all that poo about this guy being linked yesterday..and that they were so sure they had the right guy? Well many people described the guy as Asian/Pakistani so more than likely Muslim too.

There will be alot of people angry about this... I just hope the situation doesn't flare up.

It sucks to see your earlier theory was right Winged Shadows .
I was hoping the man that was killed was somehow linked but I started doubting it as well . This is more than unfortunate ! :(

If he was innocent then it is sad that it happened but I have also read this:

"However, Scotland Yard would not rule out that the man was not connected to any terrorist actions."

I agree with Gondor on this, it seems the West has the mindset of that terrorism against them only started after 911. Which is false, seen it first hand but with luck some of America's finest were on guard to stop it more than once from happening.

Hey, he might have cheated on his wife.. stole money from his parents...tortured the family pet... but these aren't the reasons cited for how the police acted yesterday.

BTW, they have just named him as a Brazilian citizen:

27 year old Jean Charles de Menezes.

re

WS: I was shocked when I heard that a man had been shot repeatedly in the head infront of commuters...but I am stunned by tonight's news that he was a Brazilian with no connection whatever to the bombings. If it had transpired that he was a suspect on an assignment to cause more carnage, I would have felt justice had prevailed in preventing another massacre, but I feel a sense of dispair and sadness for this man and his family. For the officer who ended this man's life in such a brutal and cold-blooded manner, I feel shame, pity and the need for retribution of the legal kind. This country we live in is feeling more and more peculiar as the days and weeks go on. :( :\

Again I say, politics suck. It's all manipulation. I feel very manipulated and therefore, violated.

When I said we should all look at ourselves, I meant the terrorists, the government, the people, us. Not as victims. We see ourselves as victims, as do the terrorists. This ring just keeps going round and round. Blaming, cursing, hating them, doesn't do anything to solve the situation either, it just escalates it. Your isolated example may or may not be how the 'muslims' view us. I can't speak on that with any validation, I don't know. What I do know is, people react when they feel their values have been transgressed. If you can't see how we have transgressed their values then we cannot possibly hope to find a solution. I know much of this 'hunt them down and kill them' attitude is an angered response, and just venting really, and who is going to join the special forces now? Certainly not me, and I advise you not to either, because when you are sent in to do something you know is wrong, will you have the moral virtue to say "I'm not doing it"? Think for yourselves, don't have others do it for you.

It sort of brings home some points, that Smaugs Fury made, that governments are killing off their own people to establish further control over the masses at large. Manipulation and corruption blah blah blah, too much to say and very complicated. Yes I am anti-authoritarian because I am over authorised now. Just a natural reaction.

I feel shame, pity and the need for retribution of the legal kind. This country we live in is feeling more and more peculiar as the days and weeks go on.

This is after you said the police were justified?

Nice one Gazmog. :lol

Back