Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gondor59

Default Re: re

About time we looked at ourselves as the source of the problems
    Why blame the victims of terrorism? The actual source of the problem is religious mass mental illness. No amount of introspective analysis or sympathy toward the terrorists will work. To them, you either concur with their twisted beliefs, or you are an animal only fit for slaughter. There is only one way to deal with them, hunt them down relentlessly. There are no easy solutions to this scourge, but blaming ourselves for the terrorist's eleventh century mindset is hardly the solution.

elwood49
    Why blame the victims of terrorism? The actual source of the problem is religious mass mental illness. No amount of introspective analysis or sympathy toward the terrorists will work.
    Yeah, I completely agree with G59 on this one. I recently read an interview with a young Muslim living in London who didn't want to be identified by name (I can't remember which news service it was, sorry). The boy said that he wanted to move to the Middle East to join a terrorist group. He said the attacks were warranted, because the people in the U.K. were living in sin, and needed to be punished. Living in sin to some extreme Muslims means enjoying the modern conveniences that we take for granted.

These people think they have the right to be judge, jury, and executioner for the population at large. No doubt they would want to exterminate everyone on this board, because we love polystone so much. They HATE materialism in every form, and want to kill the Western Civilizations that promote it. I really don't know what we can do to make them stop.

Gazmog
    Well, the investigation into the Stockwell shooting has revealed the victim was not linked in any way to the bombings.

Listening to former senior officers talk on the BBC, it would appear the armed officers involved in the killing, if they were in fact police and not special forces, stepped over the line. A former commander of the Flying Squad told News 24, armed officers are not trained to discharge 5 head shots, and this is extremely disturbing. It has yet to be disclosed if the victim was muslim. Community relations will take a battering after this.

Winged Shadows
    "Stockwell man not connected to bombing. Police say it is a tragedy."

:rolleyes

Well I rest my case.

What was all that ***** about this guy being linked yesterday..and that they were so sure they had the right guy? Well many people described the guy as Asian/Pakistani so more than likely Muslim too.

There will be alot of people angry about this... I just hope the situation doesn't flare up.

Heart Of Stone
    It sucks to see your earlier theory was right Winged Shadows .
    I was hoping the man that was killed was somehow linked but I started doubting it as well . This is more than unfortunate !

Viking28
    If he was innocent then it is sad that it happened but I have also read this:

"However, Scotland Yard would not rule out that the man was not connected to any terrorist actions."

I agree with Gondor on this, it seems the West has the mindset of that terrorism against them only started after 911. Which is false, seen it first hand but with luck some of America's finest were on guard to stop it more than once from happening.

Winged Shadows
    Hey, he might have cheated on his wife.. stole money from his parents...tortured the family pet... but these aren't the reasons cited for how the police acted yesterday.

BTW, they have just named him as a Brazilian citizen:

27 year old Jean Charles de Menezes.

Gazmog
    WS: I was shocked when I heard that a man had been shot repeatedly in the head infront of commuters...but I am stunned by tonight's news that he was a Brazilian with no connection whatever to the bombings. If it had transpired that he was a suspect on an assignment to cause more carnage, I would have felt justice had prevailed in preventing another massacre, but I feel a sense of dispair and sadness for this man and his family. For the officer who ended this man's life in such a brutal and cold-blooded manner, I feel shame, pity and the need for retribution of the legal kind. This country we live in is feeling more and more peculiar as the days and weeks go on. :\

creecher
    Again I say, politics suck. It's all manipulation. I feel very manipulated and therefore, violated.

When I said we should all look at ourselves, I meant the terrorists, the government, the people, us. Not as victims. We see ourselves as victims, as do the terrorists. This ring just keeps going round and round. Blaming, cursing, hating them, doesn't do anything to solve the situation either, it just escalates it. Your isolated example may or may not be how the 'muslims' view us. I can't speak on that with any validation, I don't know. What I do know is, people react when they feel their values have been transgressed. If you can't see how we have transgressed their values then we cannot possibly hope to find a solution. I know much of this 'hunt them down and kill them' attitude is an angered response, and just venting really, and who is going to join the special forces now? Certainly not me, and I advise you not to either, because when you are sent in to do something you know is wrong, will you have the moral virtue to say "I'm not doing it"? Think for yourselves, don't have others do it for you.

It sort of brings home some points, that Smaugs Fury made, that governments are killing off their own people to establish further control over the masses at large. Manipulation and corruption blah blah blah, too much to say and very complicated. Yes I am anti-authoritarian because I am over authorised now. Just a natural reaction.

Hells of Iron
    I feel shame, pity and the need for retribution of the legal kind. This country we live in is feeling more and more peculiar as the days and weeks go on.
    This is after you said the police were justified?

Nice one Gazmog.