Hot Toys Aliens Snap-Kit Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren1228

Super Freak
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you picked these up but I found a review on Michael's website. I have a box being sent to me (I wanted tons of 1/6 alien eggs), don't know if I'll keep the figures though. Thanks to Michael and Travis for bringing us the review.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_031208b.htm

review_snapaliens_1a.jpg

review_snapaliens_1b.jpg

I was gonna buy them when I was in the HT store in HK but decided not to as the staff wouldnt let me open the eggs to see who I was getting inside...I only wanted the marines and didnt want duplicates.

I guess they wanted us to treat them as lucky-dip like trading cards. Expensive ones at that.

Sweet, darren! I'd definitely like to buy those Aliens figures if you're not keepin 'em. (just the aliens, not sure about the marines).

I'm interested in some of the marines! :chew

If you wanted tons of eggs I have a bunch left over from my snap-kits.

The only reason I didn't buy these earlier was that they didn't do more of the marines. I don't know why they needed so many nearly identical aliens and only 4 human characters. But I'm considering making some customs of characters like Bishop, Hudson, and Vasquez using the parts from the existing marines.

The only reason I didn't buy these earlier was that they didn't do more of the marines. I don't know why they needed so many nearly identical aliens and only 4 human characters. But I'm considering making some customs of characters like Bishop, Hudson, and Vasquez using the parts from the existing marines.

It's not all bad, icruise. Like the review stated, in a full case of 12 there are 4 unique human characters and 6 Aliens. the 2 left are random so there's a chance you'll get duplicate marines instead of 2 extra Aliens (like the reviewer got). So it's not all a loss. :D

Can anyone who owns these figures tell me how tight the joints are upon assembly? and over time? I'm definitely considering grabbing a box of 'em.

Well the review and all this talk pushed me over the edge. I got a case from ABCExpress on ebay. It'll depend on the mix of figures I get, but I would probably be interested in trading some aliens for marines if anyone has ones they don't need. I'll need them for the extra parts.

As far as the aliens, don't bank on 4/4 stars for articulation like in the review. You get at most a 90 degrees bend at knee/elbow, any more than that and the joint pops off. Bendy tails are nice though. They are nice figures, I mean I dig 1/18 scale aliens, but articulation is just decent, nothing special. Same for the AvP predators...look great, but articulation isn't fantastic. The marines' articulation is better, as it is a different style joint. Detail is great at that level. Overall, worth picking up, and you should get the full set when you get a case.

Got my case of snap kits today and they look quite nice, although they are a little difficult to put together. The are impressively detailed, and the paint work on the aliens is great. The eggs are actually a lot nicer than I expected. They are made of a heavy plastic and feel substantial. I got one of each human figure and one extra Drake, which is good because I already have some parts for a Vasquez custom.

I am in the market for another Hicks (or possibly Apone) and Ripley, if anyone has an extra that they would like to trade for an alien warrior. Or I might be interested in just buying them as well. Just PM me.

I love the snap-kits...as a Joe fan it was like a dream come true when I first heard about the 1:18 scale Aliens, Preds and Marines.

I started with AVP series 1 and Elderpredator2...you are damn right when you said they were hard to put together. I remember when I got series 1 and how sore my fingers were after putting them all together. :monkey4

Unfortunately AvP series 1 & 2 Aliens were AWESOME in detail, but Hot Toys made some mistakes such as molding the ball-joints in the same plastic as the limbs and it caused a lot of them break easily. :monkey2

The ALIENS snap-kits were MUCH better made...but my fingers still hurt after putting them all together.

Good luck finding an extra Hicks and Apone, icruise...they can be pricy...I've seen some go for $40-$50.

Back